Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Gillingham matchday thread  (Read 26982 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:08:14 »

every cloud. I'll take town winning regardless of others. If we go on a run we will stay up. Even though they have games in hand Port Vale looked doomed with Chesterfield and Coventry. So its a fight to escape 1 place between about 6 teams. Shrews, Northampton, Bury Gills, Oldham, and us. I'm going to put it out there and say Shrews, Bury and Oldham will be safe as they are picking up more points currently. Northampton and Gills have poor records in last 10. Our record is on the turn (I hope) So realistically looking at 3 teams fighting to stay up Northampton, Gills and ourselves. If our form stays true along with Northampton and Gills I's say it'll be Gills for the chop, with Northampton 20th and ourselves 19th.

Projection yes, but that's my call.

If only we hadn't played like bellends at Sixfields.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:19:20 »

Fair fucking play.

At half time Barry and Boo were non-league,  Branco was having a shit game, we were 1-0 down to their only shot, we'd missed a load of good chances and wasted having the wind in our backs.

But we didn't crumble against an admittedly shit Gillingham. We stuck at it. And we scored. And we scored again and Branco made amends with a great header after clearly discussing it beforehand.

Rohan Ince is a fucking beast. Head and shoulders above any other midfielder, he sticks out like a sore thumb. He's too good for us. He gets the ball, he gives the ball.  He looses the ball, he gets the ball, the gives the ball.

The late goals for our rivals has taken the wind out my sails. But we can only win our games and hang on in there.

Onto the next must win.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:25:41 »

***I fucking knew it was that old house***

didn't you have time to fix the shingles
didn't you have time to fix the floor?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:33:11 »

Very good win against a truly dogshit side. Ince was superb. Ajose was superb also, he ran their defence all game. Although we won there were some pretty poor performances. Colkett gladwin boo Barry were crap. Beeks wasn't very good but good goal. Ince is a fucking beast. Thompson was excellent. Branco was branco. Fuck up for the goal then pops up with a goal. Vigs had nothing g to do but makes a great save at the end.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:33:25 »

It's ok everyone, Williams will have inspired the team with his half time team talk.

Yup, good call, he came up trumps  
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:33:51 »

It's ok everyone, Williams will have inspired the team with his half time team talk.
Yep

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:34:59 »

soapy tit wank, the one time he actually does Jo...
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:51:30 »

That was ace! Amazing what playing at a tempo with a bit of width can do. Ince was superb. Give that lad a 3 year contract immediately.

Gilingham really were shite weren't they? Admittedly, some of our tippy tappy bollocks can be infuriating at time but imagine watching that pikey shit all season? HOOF!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 22:57:24 »

If we had a fit Obika, Ajose and Ince all season we would be nowhere near where we are now, completely transform the team once they get going which is a bit frustrating. Hopefully the penny has dropped that you need a player like Ince in the team as well as tippy tappy fairies, the guy is a man mountain. Also now we have Obika and Ajose back in we are suddenly putting crosses in again and unsurprisingly creating chances.....not rocket science.

Has it taken too long for us to come up with the right set up this season, only time will tell I guess.
Amir

« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 23:07:54 »

That Ince lad reminds me a lot of myself.

I enjoyed that. I don't know what you lot have been moaning about all season.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 23:12:42 »

I knew when I made the comment about an inspiring half time team talk a Williams would come good  Wink

That's the first game I've enjoyed at the County Ground for a long time. Gillingham were poor, but credit to the team for not letting their heads go down when they went behind and turning it around.

Ince deservedly MOM, absolute brilliant. On the rare occasion he lost a tackle or misplaced a pass, he battled on and invariably got it back. If only we'd had him from the start of the season.

Thompson and Ajose were also excellent.  Hopefully the momentum carries on to Saturday.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 23:16:20 »

Truly dominant performance from start to finish.

Williams impressed me with his interview when he said he had strong words with Branco at half time and that he needed to stop walking his way through the game, to command and fight for every ball. Then he ruined it right at the end by saying he's been fantastic all season.  Girl Giggle

Loved the piss taking from Goddard and gladwin. Saw a few people say bad comments about gladwin tonight, however for a make shift winger some of the balls he put in were outstanding (admittedly a lot were terrible) BUT his set play defending was superb. That was all gillingham had to throw at us danger wise and he headed away countless times.

Ref- whilst frustrating with many bad decisions kept seeing the funny side at gillingham complaining about time wasting, they were at it from minute 1 before losing. Should have sent that bloke off after he final whistle though, had proper patience.

Pleased I went tonight
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 23:27:20 »

Only seen Ince play for Fulham but comments on here reflect exactly what I saw of him last season, good to hear
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 23:29:40 »

didn't you have time to fix the shingles
didn't you have time to fix the floor?
Ha ha, that's brilliant. Back-to-back 3-1 wins however, is little short of a miracle! Williams for life president!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 00:15:33 »

Very good win against a truly dogshit side.

Chatting to a Gills fan post match....he knows it. We live to fight another day...can't ask for more  Pint
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: