Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25308 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:43:50 »

Dont reckon they even saw Diamandis years Cheesy
soapy tit wank  They were bad times alright, we have been through the ringer in many seasons which we tend to forget when we talk about the glory years, PDC and all that!!  Power Out is a ridiculous chant and may well have a negative effect on the players, he will go when he is ready to sell up - if anybody is mad enough to take us on!!!  Be very careful what you wish for . . . . and Christy a career in journalism awaits you, well done!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:50:43 »

Totally agree batch that ince and ajose have made a huge difference. But Obika, Vigs, Thompson, Gladwin, Brophy to  name 5 are all very good players in my opinion and the likes of Barry and Jones are not to use Chalkies phase "fucking shit" either.  Agree recruitment was poor in that Murray and Delfonso didnt work out and Goddard, Thomas and Norris have not been good enough. However the nucleus of the squad is certainly good enough for mid table position.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:56:23 »

see your point, guess we'll find out in future seasons
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:57:11 »

well Ronnie, much as I thought 'power out' at 0-0 and even when winning was stupid... they did still win...

Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 10:04:27 »

Totally agree batch that ince and ajose have made a huge difference. But Obika, Vigs, Thompson, Gladwin, Brophy to  name 5 are all very good players in my opinion and the likes of Barry and Jones are not to use Chalkies phase "fucking shit" either.  Agree recruitment was poor in that Murray and Delfonso didnt work out and Goddard, Thomas and Norris have not been good enough. However the nucleus of the squad is certainly good enough for mid table position.
If you look at a 30 second spell then all our players look decent but over 90 minutes a lot of them are shite. The table doesn't lie and this lot would have got their arses kicked by all other stfc sides bar one in recent history and there are some that would argue that.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 10:10:17 »

That footage is scandalous
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 10:32:58 »

Is it just me or does Goddard at least look likely to improve quite a bit? Thomas, Barry et al have all plateaued and probably won't kick on in their development but JG has something about him.
woolster

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 10:48:08 »

That footage is scandalous
was injured, had asked to be taken off prior to that footage
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 11:36:42 »

See poor nathan thompsons house was burgled yesterday horrible thing to happen knowing someones been in your house go through your stuff ,hope they find the people responsible.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:35:33 »

If you look at a 30 second spell then all our players look decent but over 90 minutes a lot of them are shite. The table doesn't lie and this lot would have got their arses kicked by all other stfc sides bar one in recent history and there are some that would argue that.

Agree the table doesn't lie but in my opinion is more about under performing players along with questionable tactics/formations at times, injuries and confidence as opposed to shit players, in the main. The squad we have now is more than capable.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:41:10 »

well Ronnie, much as I thought 'power out' at 0-0 and even when winning was stupid... they did still win...
Smiley
[But why sing it in the first place? Hardly gonna help is it! Gotta sing something I suppose and when you have one brain cell between the wholey group maybe it's the best they can come up with. The kids I can put up with as they can still develop those brains, its the adults that join in that concern me, because their brains are likely fully developed.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:41:57 »

I think you completely ignore confidence & momentum.

Look at Leicester, most of that team were Champions of England last year, and are now in the relegation zone.

Are they all fucking shit, or just a team that have got used to losing & lacking confidence.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:55:40 »

The best judge will be the teams they next go to. Vigs is destined for bigger things. Thompson and obika will be decent div 3 players. The rest will have to drop to div 4 like Murray or to non league. I don't include the loan players.
You're right posh about confidence but situations like this bring out leaders and some step up and none have.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 19:23:43 »

12 games or whatever it is to save our season so I suppose we'll see if anyone will step up now. I like to go into this period believing that some will. I have to otherwise what's the point in going?
If I didn't believe they can do it, it'd make me one of those wankers that sings we're fucking shit. Fuck those guys, every single one of them.

It means I've got further to fall if we lose vs Gills but fuck it. Bring it on. The great escape continues. No point dwelling on how gash we've been until Oldham (THE PERFORMANCE, why can't people differentiate between being happy with that and not the result?).
I think they're all bang up for it. As am I.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, February 27, 2017, 10:07:24 »

(THE PERFORMANCE, why can't people differentiate between being happy with that and not the result?).

Are you Luke Williams?

When you're smiling.........
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: