Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25467 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:19:14 »

And the wankers at the back singing we want power out at 2-0  should fuck right off. Average age about 12.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:20:13 »

Agreed

Branco is the fall guy for poor formations used by Williams previously
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:24:12 »

And the wankers at the back singing we want power out at 2-0  should fuck right off. Average age about 12.

Dont reckon they even saw Diamandis years Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:25:31 »

Branco is the fall guy for poor formations used by Williams previously

I dont mind him, at least he gives a shit
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:28:17 »

Dont reckon they even saw Diamandis years Cheesy

Gotta love them eh, think they know it all  Cheesy
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:32:00 »

He is an ok player at this level but needs protection as he isn't fast and isn't smart, with 4 at the back it suits him as he we don't leave him open to counter attacks as much, that's when he does stupid shit.

I said it all season, we don't have a bad team but poor tactics and low confidence has been the main reason we are where we are..... hopefully Ajose is hitting form along with Obika and they can rescue the season
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 23:36:38 »

Disagree. We have a lot of shit players. Allied to fucking ridiculous recruitment and a total fuck up of a management team = relegation. We are lucky this is a shit division. If somehow we stay up this season then we're still fucked next season. These players are fucking shit, mentally and physically.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 08:50:00 »

Footage of Yakubu yesterday.
https://twitter.com/Football_Fours/status/835619580634673152
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 08:53:38 »

I totally agree, but for some reason it feels like we've picked up more points this season when he hasn't been playing. I might be wrong?

Brilliant write up Christy. I listened to most of the second half and it definitely sounded like a better team would have punished us in the second half. I just understand why they seemed to change tactics. It must have been Williams at half time telling them to?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 08:55:47 »

Williams may have hit on a starting 11 with a formala that will be enough to keep us up. Keys for me are (a) playing with a back 4 as we dont have suitable players to play the wing back role. (b) ince in holding midfield role gives us protection which we haven't had before (c) Brophy wide left midfield is a real threat and far more effective than as a wing back (c) Obika playing in a deeper role has worked well as his hold up play is generally very good and linked up well with Ajose yesterday (d) Ajose scoring goals again - 2 typical close range finishes yesterday, we haven't had that all season. Finally both Barry and Boo had decent games linking well with Gladwin and Brophy - yes I know Coventry and Oldham weren't great but neither are Gillingham, Chesterfield and Port Vale and based on our last 2 performances I think we should get a minimum of 7 points from these games and then we are likely to be just above rather than below the line, with confidence high going in to 4 much tougher games.
Panda Paws

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 08:59:58 »

A bit unfair on branco who looks good in a 4 but crap in a 5. He's no worse at CB than Jones.

He really is worse.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:03:18 »

Totally Agree.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:07:24 »

Really enjoyed the game yesterday.

We need to get behind the team and rally round.

That should have given us back to back wins. Still cant believe we didn't beat Oldham.

Tuesday is a must win game. Then we have a chance.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:22:46 »

Disagree. We have a lot of shit players. Allied to fucking ridiculous recruitment and a total fuck up of a management team = relegation. We are lucky this is a shit division. If somehow we stay up this season then we're still fucked next season. These players are fucking shit, mentally and physically.

Really?? Underperformed yes but fucking shit no. Try and post something balanced and sensible not this nonsense - that puts you in the same category as those individuals shouting power out during the game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 09:28:47 »

still don't see how anyone could argue the team until Ince and ajose arrived, and obika got playing was anything other than sub standard..

don't see where you are coming from at all kirky, sorry.

"underperforming" is the lazy optimist view to me.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: