Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry  (Read 7279 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 07:49:45 »

We are in a bit of a catch-22 situation.

I think most of the Power out brigade just think it can't be any worse if he goes, whilst there are some who look at clubs like Coventry & rightly point out that actually it could.

However the model that Power is using to run the club has (over the last couple of seasons) proved to be flawed and needs to be changed. However he doesn't appear to be willing to do this. Without further investment, which Power in his own words has said he doesn't want, we are stuck with it.

So if Power goes do we get a Fitton or a Jed as replacement.
Power stays, the model continues to fail & we crash into League 2 and maybe beyond, or he's proved to be right & we can be competitive in League 1 and possibly higher.

Fuck me, isn't Football supposed to be fun
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 08:46:47 »

That's the thing about turning the club system into a big fuck off capitalist marketplace isn't it? We start talking about fan attitudes in the same way. Can I invest my current right to protest against it being shit into a bond wrapped up with protest futures which might become less valuable hence saving me some fan embarrassment? Or something.
Not sure where you got any of that from. I was talking about the probability of getting a good owner vs a bad one if Power were to up sticks now.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 09:44:17 »

So Donald Trump is better than Kim Jong-Un, best not protest...

Be careful for what you wish for, sure, but if it suited Power to sell to Jed, does anyone here think he'd hold back.

There may be no new owners queuing up but there are plausible managers available to do a job

Power concentrates absolute power in himself leaving a Director of Football who is awol and a manager who has to say he supports whatever Power has in mind even though he openly admits he doesn't know what it is

Power alone is responsible for Williams being unsackable and there damn well should be protests - after the 3 points are secured, of course.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 09:46:09 by RedRag » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 10:57:31 »

So are you going to rustle one up then?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: