Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27741 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:28:44 »

I don't agree with or like the way Power is taking the club but I can't shake the feeling that after what happened last time, it's better the devil you know.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:30:59 »

But how far do we have to fall before enough is enough?.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:54:18 »

Power is only interested in money.

I haven't got any issue with him getting his investment back, but his policy on style of play and recruitment will see us relegated to the conference if we aren't careful
He can take a profit for all I care. just funny take the piss, be up front and change the approach a bit

I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of Division 4 football, going to conference football would see me become a part time supporter #fairWeather

That's why my attitude to him is one of despair really. I'd rather go bust in a PDC fit of spending than spend eternity in the non leagues. both = death (to me).

Massive load of hypotheticals in there mind..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:54:59 »

But how far do we have to fall before enough is enough?.

Until there's a viable alternative. I'm sure the Trust were instrumental in getting Bill Power interested in the club when Mick the Greek was around, be interesting to find out if they are actively looking at alternatives to the current Power...

I'm not keen on the current regime's methods, but you don't have to think too far back in our history to see what could happen if he just fucks off and we're left either up shit creek without a paddle, or that paddle's being worked by a Jedalike...

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:57:15 »

if we are break-even with no debt we aren't necessarily up a creek without a paddle.

can't think he won't have callable debt in his leaving mind..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 17:15:51 »

if we are break-even with no debt we aren't necessarily up a creek without a paddle.

Yep, which is why I said 'could' happen, not would. There's only a couple of options that are positive: Power finally accepts that his model needs adapting and he distances himself from the playing side, or someone with vision and financial backing appears on the scene. Unfortunately I'm doubtful that either will happen any time soon...

It's All Good..............
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 17:31:11 »

I would assume debt free means to anyone else but hime (and Black in the event of us having to pay him back).

Doesn't mean we don't owe Power money, he's already mentioned covering the shortfall this season as crowds are less than they had budgeted for.

The thing is the model doesn't actually need changing that much, we just need a couple more players with experience, evidenced by the impact Ince has had.

The problem has become the balance is too far the other way
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 17:49:09 »

I'm not keen on the current regime's methods, but you don't have to think too far back in our history to see what could happen if he just fucks off and we're left either up shit creek without a paddle, or that paddle's being worked by a Jedalike...
This. I despair of Power's current MO, but for everyone saying "Things couldn't be any worse", oh yes they bloody could. Be very careful what you wish for
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 18:36:40 »

That's a fair enough view, but  'keeping hold of nurse for fear of finding something worse' shouldn't be a reason for accepting Power's model. If people genuinely think he'll take us into non league, could anyone else really do much worse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 18:37:49 »

That's a fair enough view, but  'keeping hold of nurse for fear of finding something worse' shouldn't be a reason for accepting Power's model. If people genuinely think he'll take us into non league, could anyone else really do much worse.
Jed. Tommy Agombar. Peter Pannu. Munto Finance
corner

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 18:45:19 »

This. I despair of Power's current MO, but for everyone saying "Things couldn't be any worse", oh yes they bloody could. Be very careful what you wish for
This is so true, every club has ups and downs well most certainly at our level, think recently we've been spoilt tbh, the guy did save our club and he's learning the way too think we just need to be patient, where do people expect us to be if run by the trust?
Flashheart

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 18:49:02 »

If people genuinely think he'll take us into non league, could anyone else really do much worse.

Yes. Yes they could. Much, much worse.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 19:05:18 »

Quote from: Flashheart
If people genuinely think he'll take us into non league, could anyone else really do much worse.
Yes. Yes they could. Much, much worse.

As will be evident on Saturday
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 19:14:02 »

This is so true, every club has ups and downs well most certainly at our level, think recently we've been spoilt tbh, the guy did save our club and he's learning the way too think we just need to be patient, where do people expect us to be if run by the trust?
He's not learning or if he is it's to his own benefit not stfc and he has had previous experience at Cambridge and rushden. He can do what the fuck he wants with the club and there is fuck all we can do about it. He could modify his model, he's shown no signs of doing so. Basically unless he adapts, we luck out or we have someone decent in the wings willing to buy him out it's the death of a thousand cuts rather than the Jed / agombar instant death.
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 18:51:05 »

Does anyone recall the name of the charity outside the ground for this game? I think it was for the Armed Forces as I remember having a brief conversation with one of their guys who was fundraising. I didn't commit to anything at the time but did promise to look at their website. Any ideas? Cheers.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: