Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27768 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:18:32 »

to be honest im more worried about spending a few years in the conference.

I was thinking this.

We are down this season - I can't see how anyone who's watched us can think there's even a slight chance of us winning six more games.

The priority has to now be Lee Power leaving the football club. If he stays, the management team stays, the"model" stays, the powder puff football stays.. etc etc that we have seen does not work at this level.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:43:20 »

I was thinking this.

We are down this season - I can't see how anyone who's watched us can think there's even a slight chance of us winning six more games.

The priority has to now be Lee Power leaving the football club. If he stays, the management team stays, the"model" stays, the powder puff football stays.. etc etc that we have seen does not work at this level.

Unfortunately agree. I agree with some of powers principles, technical, youngish team playing out from the back. We're a selling club always will be. Where I disagree with power is that you need a couple of players to do the dirty work. Where the players are younger and mouldable it is a fantastic opportunity for a tactically astute coach to change things quickly.
It is the lack of pragmatism that kills it for me. It is the amount of loan players pushing back our youngsters, maybe 3 max, 2 possible signings and 1 lucky to have. It is the model at all costs. We have football men in charge of us, they know what they need to do but spectacularly fail to do so - repeatedly. It's not just this window that has been a fuck up, it's the last 4 or 5.
Every communication from the club be it power, coaches, or players is just puerile shite or lies to keep us turning up and handing over the cash.
This season we are down but thats possibly nothing compared to what's to come. If our little darlings can't cope with div3, they are fucked in div4 where the hairy arsed players are even hairier.
It may sound melodramatic but this club is fucked with power at the helm unless he starts displaying the pragmatism he has failed to do so far.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:49:01 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
redordead57

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:47:53 »

Gave up attending cg after v scum  no leadership on /off pitch , feel sorry for Thompson only one who plays with passion for club .
 LW  clueless & totally out of depth but  power doesn't  give a fuck  .
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:50:00 »

Maybe he thinks L2 will offer up more opportunities for players to shine and, thereby sell, and is blissfully unaware that the majority of fans see it as another step towards non league obscurity.

As you say, for so-called football people, their ideas on how to recruit and prepare a successful team are nothing short of a disgrace.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 12:52:55 »

Gave up attending cg after v scum  no leadership on /off pitch , feel sorry for Thompson only one who plays with passion for club .
 LW  clueless & totally out of depth but  power doesn't  give a fuck  .
Great name......

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 13:29:51 »

Maybe he thinks L2 will offer up more opportunities for players to shine and, thereby sell, and is blissfully unaware that the majority of fans see it as another step towards non league obscurity.

As you say, for so-called football people, their ideas on how to recruit and prepare a successful team are nothing short of a disgrace.

Power sees himself as a Lewisham Pozzo, in his mind the level doesn't matter much, as he's now got 2 clubs to play with. He'd like to use STFC, to get Waterford up and into Europe as there's money to be made...

Not sure how the pre season tour to Waterford would work as their season time is strange, but it's bound to happen.....unless Town fans make it clear that there would be anti Power protests in Waterford, which he might not like.

The alternative might be to think oh well it could be a craic, after all Kingy also managed Waterford, so  Pint
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 13:58:15 »

I was thinking this.

I totally agree with this post.

Unless the style of play and recruitment policy is adjusted we will really struggle in league 2 as it's so much more physical down there.

I really think if Power stays we will end up in the coference

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 14:06:04 »

Power sees himself as a Lewisham Pozzo, in his mind the level doesn't matter much, as he's now got 2 clubs to play with. He'd like to use STFC, to get Waterford up and into Europe as there's money to be made...

Not sure how the pre season tour to Waterford would work as their season time is strange, but it's bound to happen.....unless Town fans make it clear that there would be anti Power protests in Waterford, which he might not like.

The alternative might be to think oh well it could be a craic, after all Kingy also managed Waterford, so  Pint
So, your bottom line re Power is, he doesn't give a flying one about the health of STFC. It's all about the money, money, money.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 14:31:45 »

Power is only interested in money.

I haven't got any issue with him getting his investment back, but his policy on style of play and recruitment will see us relegated to the conference if we aren't careful
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 15:18:23 »

So, your bottom line re Power is, he doesn't give a flying one about the health of STFC. It's all about the money, money, money.
its all about the dum dum diddle dum

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 15:51:41 »

He said he's here to make money, I take that at face value.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 15:58:30 »

What are the alternatives?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:05:58 »

That's the problem. There isn't one so unless something happens a very slow and painful death for stfc courtesy of Mr power.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:15:50 »

He puts all his money into Town & bankrupts himself in the process

It's not the fact that he wants to make money that's the problem, it's the way he tries to do it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:27:20 »

He could actually try to construct a successful side and make his money off that instead of what seems like a total disregard for the club and hoping to make money out of individual players.

Most of us can accept a crap season where it seems as if those in charge have done their best, but not when recruitment policy failures are constantly repeated in the search of a profit.

Last season was partially accepted due to the unending injuries - this season is just perverse.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: