Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The case for the defence  (Read 8916 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:24:53 »

I think he had a very good coaching team alongside him. Not sure he can take full credit, but otherwise yes I agree.

He also spent an absolute fortune. Luke Williams would have won that league with that budget.

OK, maybe not. But still.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:32:19 by Panda Paws » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:01:43 »

Maybe not (LW), but he (PDC) did benefit from a Bristol City/Bournemouth sized budget, a fair amount of which was pissed away on Lanzano type signings
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:25:58 »

Maybe not (LW), but he (PDC) did benefit from a Bristol City/Bournemouth sized budget, a fair amount of which was pissed away on Lanzano type signings
Lanzano, Commazi, Boateng, Esajas, Risser, Atiku, Gabilondo, Tehoue, Magera, Montano, Murray, Abdulla, Navarro, Rooney, Bessone, Coke.....

The list of shit signed by PdC was long, admittedly a couple of those were loans but a fair few just had their contracts paid up by us and cost a small fortune.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 15:00:47 »

The problem with Di Canio is you had to have that budget to let him hit and miss to find that formula, otherwise he'd strop and walk, which he did.  For all the fun at the time, not worth it in my opinion as it would have broken the club with no guarantee at what point his line had been crossed.  The Wise and Sturrock numbers stand out for me - we were abysmal the season before, so it wasn't a foregone conclusion we'd turn it around in their time.  I didn't like Sturrock, but you can't argue with the numbers and either one of those two would probably get better results out of the current team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 15:41:11 »

Lanzano, Commazi, Boateng, Esajas, Risser, Atiku, Gabilondo, Tehoue, Magera, Montano, Murray, Abdulla, Navarro, Rooney, Bessone, Coke.....

The list of shit signed by PdC was long, admittedly a couple of those were loans but a fair few just had their contracts paid up by us and cost a small fortune.

That list should go straight to the Washbag Hall of Shame.  TBF Adam Rooney wasn't bad, still knocking them in for Aberdeen, unlike Him, who seems to have STFC striker style figures for the season of 1.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 15:43:35 »

That list should go straight to the Washbag Hall of Shame.  TBF Adam Rooney wasn't bad, still knocking them in for Aberdeen, unlike Him, who seems to have STFC striker style figures for the season of 1.
I meant Luke Rooney Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: