Poll
Question: Why did jermaine storm/ flounce out of Sixfields?
Because he has passion and wants to play - 18 (29.5%)
Because he is a fucking pillock - 26 (42.6%)
It was Valentines Day and he was on a promise - 8 (13.1%)
Because he is a cunt - 9 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jermaine Hylton- Pillock or Passion?  (Read 10662 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 23:25:29 »

He's had 46 chances, it's not as though he hasn't had an opportunity
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 23:36:21 »

would like to see him given a chance on Saturday,  has a point to prove and can't be worse than some of the other 'bottlers' we have on the pitch.

Sorry but that just strikes me as Miles Storey syndrome - everything's going wrong with the players who have played, so let's imagine the ones who aren't playing are better then they are. It looked like Stewart was going to be the one this season but it's obviously Hylton's turn now. Like sonic said, it's not like he hasn't been given a chance, and apart from one excellent game he has been as ineffectual as the rest.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 23:38:34 »

It would also set a ridiculous precedent - behave like a petulant knob, walk into the first XI
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 10:57:17 »

A pillock with passion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 11:02:48 »

A pillock with passion

Or just a pillock with petulance?

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 11:18:58 »

Sorry but that just strikes me as Miles Storey syndrome - everything's going wrong with the players who have played, so let's imagine the ones who aren't playing are better then they are. It looked like Stewart was going to be the one this season but it's obviously Hylton's turn now. Like sonic said, it's not like he hasn't been given a chance, and apart from one excellent game he has been as ineffectual as the rest.
That's the point. When he has been on the pitch he has been better recently,i think people are easily excusing the actuall footballing side of the decision here, it's fucking madness to take a player on top off the squad already and then put 2 unfit strikers and 4 centre midfielders in ahead of them. We are not talking about a player moaning he isn't starting here and walking off he has actually been deemed not as good as Anton Fucking Rodgers.
sgt rock

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 11:44:30 »

Hylton was a Cooper signing and therefore not in the Williams click. 

Too direct and not in the flicky fanny sideways pass club, therefore doesn't fit the total football model.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:42:19 »

Hylton was a Cooper signing and therefore not in the Williams click.  

Too direct and not in the flicky fanny sideways pass club, therefore doesn't fit the total football model.

Oh, and he's a striker whose record is fucking abysmal...
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:44:16 by herthab » Logged

It's All Good..............
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:46:13 »

He's had 46 chances, it's not as though he hasn't had an opportunity
How many games has he started?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 12:49:59 »

How many games has he started?

15 league games in 3 seasons.  The same as Shaun Close.
sgt rock

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:20:11 »

Oh, and he's a striker whose record is fucking abysmal...

I wouldn't dispute that, however his recent record, all be it at reserve or non league level, is better than any of our other current strike force.
Currently, out of the squad he is the form striker and doesn't get on the bench ahead of four midfielders, two of whom are uninterested, hardly motivating for him.  I personally don't think he is a poor player and certainly no worse than what I have seen of Feruz or Colkett . He just doesn't fit the Williams/Power model.

Chrystovski

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:34:51 »

That's the point. When he has been on the pitch he has been better recently,i think people are easily excusing the actuall footballing side of the decision here, it's fucking madness to take a player on top off the squad already and then put 2 unfit strikers and 4 centre midfielders in ahead of them. We are not talking about a player moaning he isn't starting here and walking off he has actually been deemed not as good as Anton Fucking Rodgers.

Rodgers goals per game record is better than Hylton's   Wink
sgt rock

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 13:47:02 »

Embarrassed If you say so, I made the fatal error of not checking stats. 

Better that I keep to my original point that I don't think Hylton gets considered because he is not a Williams boy.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 16, 2017, 14:24:26 »

Ha good point
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:36:23 »

Hylton in his last few games has been a good impact player from the bench coming on causing problems with his pace and maybe helping us to create something, with the opposition tiring, and with scoring 4 goals in a reserve game.
Then starting for the 1st team the following week you would think he may be given a chance to try and prove himself one final time, but then getting dropped and not even on the bench I can understand his frustration but not condone or agree with as said 2 unfit strikers put in his place (albeit more experienced).

It amazes me as well though that they cant decide whether to fine him or not, you would imagine he would be fined told to grow up and accept the decision of the manager and then move on (assuming he wants to play here still), whether that means dropped for the next game as punishment or not. But it seems a bit cutting your nose to spite your face scenario if he is a decent enough impact player you would think he'd make the bench....but as of last Sat it still hadn't been dealt with, time will tell.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: