Poll
Question: Why did jermaine storm/ flounce out of Sixfields?
Because he has passion and wants to play - 18 (29.5%)
Because he is a fucking pillock - 26 (42.6%)
It was Valentines Day and he was on a promise - 8 (13.1%)
Because he is a cunt - 9 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jermaine Hylton- Pillock or Passion?  (Read 10671 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:02:22 »

Have I missed something or are we guessing the bit about the management team mishandling the situation? Do we know how it was handled? Do we know if that's normal practice?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:49:55 »

Have I missed something or are we guessing the bit about the management team mishandling the situation? Do we know how it was handled? Do we know if that's normal practice?
What was said in Williams post match interview was that they had brought an extra player with them to Northampton as they were sweating on the fitness of Norris. Williams said when Hylton was told he wasn't in the squad he decided not to remain with the team......Add to this the rumour that Hlton departed the stadium in a taxi in full kit....Seems to suggest Hylton was told at the last minute and had been expecting to play some part in the matchday squad.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:51:47 »

It's very unprofessional. Toys and pram come to mind.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 16:19:23 »

Williams said that they always take a extra player on top of the matchday squad now because last season a player was injured getting off the coach. Yep he openly admitted that
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 16:23:38 »

You mean the vehicle not Luke, right?
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 16:28:34 »

Williams said that they always take a extra player on top of the matchday squad now because last season a player was injured getting off the coach. Yep he openly admitted that

I thought it was normal to have a traveling party of 19 or 20. Maybe not.

Sounds like Hylton should have been told beforehand then, but in no way excuses him whatsoever.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 17:22:49 »

When you're professional career is on the line, it's daft to sulk off. I don't know what the etiquette is for squad announcements are but when you have a player on the bench who Williams admits future lies elsewhere (and they're playing that way too), you've got to question LW decision making.

Both fucking pillocks.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:29:07 »

Is it wrong that I really don't give a fuck?

Nope, seconded.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:35:25 »

What was said in Williams post match interview was that they had brought an extra player with them to Northampton as they were sweating on the fitness of Norris. Williams said when Hylton was told he wasn't in the squad he decided not to remain with the team......Add to this the rumour that Hlton departed the stadium in a taxi in full kit....Seems to suggest Hylton was told at the last minute and had been expecting to play some part in the matchday squad.
Does he keep his purse and front door keys down his socks?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:40:08 »

Does he keep his purse and front door keys down his socks?

Shame the taxi wasn't for Luke and Embers
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:44:28 »

Pillock

I presume they did the same on Saturday to Bury, just that Norris told them he wasn't fit after the warm up so whoever was going to miss out then made the bench instead.

Lets just say they hadn't taken him last night & either Norris or Obika had injured themselves in the warm up so we only had 6 on the bench & no striker, just imagine the flack Williams would have got for that.

I guess he though after an ineffective 60 mins at Bury (in which time we hadn't managed a shot on target) he deserved his place.

Christy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 22:13:13 »

I thought he had a bit of attitude about him when he was replaced on Saturday.  In itself that didn't bother me too much, as at least it showed some care and hurt.

But really.  He'd worked exceptionally hard for an hour, harrying defenders into mistakes and being a genuine nuisance.  But that's it - he's non-league quality, and isn't going to get better.  In normal circumstances I'd suggest a fine, and a lot of hard work to get anywhere near the squad.

However, when we're ready to go again on Saturday, I'd chuck him the shirt and say 'there you go sunshine, 1 in 38, let's see what you've got.'

In reality, I think we do need players out there on Saturday who are prepared to do a bit of running about, even if to questionable effect.  So yes, Hylton, Smith, Goddard, Norris - give us some energy and you might just be surprised to get some support in return.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 22:18:24 »

Should be blown out.

Clems Army!
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 22:31:41 »

I wonder what Paolo would have said.

Fairly sure Jermaine wouldn't have done it if he was in charge. Football league career over, or should be. It demonstrates an overblown opinion of himself; that he doesn't have any respect for his teammates or the management; a lack of discipline and incredibly poor judgment. No matter how you feel, what was he expecting to achieve?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 23:10:44 »

I'm not saying what he did was correct but if you turned up for work to be told you're not required would you sit there all day watching your mates work ?,   not in the team, not on the bench, no chance of a game, absolutely nothing to do  -  just as well fuck off home.  I know this behaviour is unacceptable from a professional player but I Can see where he was coming from. 
According to reports he has been putting in a shift in the reserves and scoring goals,  whether he is good enough for first team football there's only one way to find out, I know he has had chances before but what have we to lose ?.
  Hope this is resolved quickly, would like to see him given a chance on Saturday,  has a point to prove and can't be worse than some of the other 'bottlers' we have on the pitch.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: