Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cobblers v wobblers match day thread  (Read 49910 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:32:28 »

I noticed Gladwin has shaved off his terrible bum-fluff beard; perhaps he has a Samson thing going on, his football ability is located in his beard?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 14:19:38 »

I finally worked out who Gladwin reminds me of. Remember the cowardly Corporal Upham in Saving Private Ryan?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:52:35 »

Based on last night I'd pick Norris in front of Obika.

After we scored Norris grabbed the ball & ran back to kick off because he wanted to try & win the game.

Wa interesting that watching their second goal again he was the one following the runner towards the ball & it was Lloyd Jones who lost the man that scored. You could see Norris was actually angry about it whilst most of the others just looked like they were expecting it to happen
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:53:46 »

Norris reminds me of Alan Connell
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:54:02 »

I'd pick a fit Obika over Norris every day of the week. We need goals. Trouble is, he's been so injured he may never be fit before the end of the season.

10 games, 7 goals for, 14 against, 5 points. Second lowest scorers in league over that period (Chesterfield have 4, but have 9 points in the same period - (2 x 1-0, 2 x 0-0 and a 1-1 ), thus proving goals for is only half the story.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:59:22 by Batch » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:57:57 »

I'd pick a fit Obika over Norris every day of the week. We need goals. Trouble is, he's been so injured he may never be fit before the end of the season.

He was pretty awful last night, maybe it's because he isn't fit enough to play
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:59:53 »

Based on last night I'd pick Norris in front of Obika.

After we scored Norris grabbed the ball & ran back to kick off because he wanted to try & win the game.

Wa interesting that watching their second goal again he was the one following the runner towards the ball & it was Lloyd Jones who lost the man that scored. You could see Norris was actually angry about it whilst most of the others just looked like they were expecting it to happen

Think Luke has shown he is at least a trier, if limited, I could see him getting a few in Div 4 mind, with the right type of service. A sort of not quite as good as James Collins, hopefully without the pissing in glasses capers when we go to Cheltnum.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:00:47 »

He was pretty awful last night, maybe it's because he isn't fit enough to play

That's a shame, I was clinging on to hope he'd make a difference. If Norris is the form man/most likely to unlock Ajose then that's cool. At this stage there isn't really an clear answer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:01:31 »

He reminds me of Gary Alexander when he was with us. Not quite at L1 level yet, could do it at league 2.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:14:34 »

At least Connell scored goals 👀
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:18:49 »

At least Connell scored goals 👀
lower league and a better side but yeah
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:19:32 »

Think Luke has shown he is at least a trier, if limited, I could see him getting a few in Div 4 mind, with the right type of service. A sort of not quite as good as James Collins, hopefully without the pissing in glasses capers when we go to Cheltnum.

Isn't that it though, 'triers'. Pick up a 23 year-old from non-league desperate to get his career going again back in the League and he might be hungry enough to care about the 3 points.

Get a 19 year-old from Chelsea, or whoever, on loan, already earning £3k a week compared to his mates minimum wage if they're lucky - is it any surprise they don't bust a gut in front of a small crowd on a pissy night in Northampton? 3 points? Who cares? Where's me Range Rover?

Heard today that a real trier of the 70s, Ernie Moss of Chesterfield legend status, has severe dementia in his 60s prob due to heading the heavier balls of the era. He'd look like Alan Shearer combined with Messi if he was playing for our shambolic mob today.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:24:01 »

Connell is now a youth coach at Bormuff..... I wonder if he was in charge of their reserves last week?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:27:47 »

Isn't that it though, 'triers'. Pick up a 23 year-old from non-league desperate to get his career going again back in the League and he might be hungry enough to care about the 3 points.

Get a 19 year-old from Chelsea, or whoever, on loan, already earning £3k a week compared to his mates minimum wage if they're lucky - is it any surprise they don't bust a gut in front of a small crowd on a pissy night in Northampton? 3 points? Who cares? Where's me Range Rover?

Heard today that a real trier of the 70s, Ernie Moss of Chesterfield legend status, has severe dementia in his 60s prob due to heading the heavier balls of the era. He'd look like Alan Shearer combined with Messi if he was playing for our shambolic mob today.

I saw a bit about Ernie too, one of my favourite opposition players so sorry to hear about his plight. We're going to end up with no heading or having to wear some sort of headgear aren't we?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:29:33 »

Connell is now a youth coach at Bormuff..... I wonder if he was in charge of their reserves last week?

Not sure but he said on twitter he was coming to the game on saturday
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: