Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 19122 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:44:52 »

It makes me laugh when I see comments like 'He's ripped the soul out of the club' and other such verbiage.

Nonsense. It's just down to crap football and worse results. Play well and start winning and this 'soul' would suddenly return.

Its not nonsense at all. On the pitch we're not much different than the last two times we went down, but people clearly feel differently about it this time....because of what is happening off the pitch.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:47:30 »

How can it be anyone else's fault but Power.

He's the instigator of the 'Swindon way' - in reality a smokescreen that enables him to put together a mish mash of a squad at minimal cost explaining the 'way' enables us to attract quality loans from bigger clubs.

He employs a coach to carry out his plan on a 5 year contract - something he is loathe to offer players which is the usual one year with an option.

He has had windows to address the glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad yet recruits more of the same - lightweight, inexperienced youngsters with a couple of players not match fit due to not playing for their parent clubs.

God knows what the thinking was regarding Sherwood. The whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Power has stated his number one intention is to make money. He deflects any questions about financial matters and publishes bare bones accounts which reveal nothing.

We have to take his word, or not, on the health of the club yet all his previous business dealings point to a man who cares nothing about the businesses he's involved in and drops them in the shit when he can no longer make money out of it.

13 out of 17 businesses he has been involved in have gone bust - including one football club.

This!
Chrystovski

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:52:45 »

If LW is sacked who are we realistically going to get?! Another yes man who will 'agree' to work with Power's way.

I cannot imagine a half decent manager with a bit of nous would want to work with LP controlling the majority of footballing matters on & off the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 14:08:32 »

then you have to hope yes man v2 knows what he's doing.

the biggest worry is he would somehow recruit from within/recruit another youth academy dud. so yeah .. fair comment

but this isn't working either
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 15:04:29 »

If LW is sacked who are we realistically going to get?! Another yes man who will 'agree' to work with Power's way.

I cannot imagine a half decent manager with a bit of nous would want to work with LP controlling the majority of footballing matters on & off the pitch.

There's got to be someone out there, probably in non league, who fancies a crack at a league club. Let's face it someone with even the most basic rudiments of how to organise and motivate, would be a considerable upgrade.

I'll give you a name Luke Garrard....has got Boreham Wood half way up the Conference, on the same points as Eastleigh, who we know easily took us apart. This Luke is even younger than ours, but has probably got some fire in his belly....which probably explains why he used to  Puke on the pitch.
Chrystovski

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 16:25:08 »

then you have to hope yes man v2 knows what he's doing.

the biggest worry is he would somehow recruit from within/recruit another youth academy dud. so yeah .. fair comment

but this isn't working either

I 100% agree that LW is out of his depth and should of been sacked months ago, but suspect we will employ LW mark 2 as his replacement. LP needs to change his strategy for an experienced manager with a bit of know how, to want to come in and manage us but I think he is too stubborn to change.
Chrystovski

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 16:28:45 »

A Justin Edinburgh or Martin Allen type (never thought I'd say that) is exactly what we need at the mo.
Someone who will organise the team, play ugly but most importantly get some passion back into the players.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 16:32:10 »

Steve Lomas

I come from a land down-under
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 16:32:57 »

Power should go all out to get Cotterill till the end of the season. That would be my ideal short term appointment. See how they get on and then Power can decide if he wants to go back to his Kidz About way of running things in May. Would give Cotterill the freedom of leaving if it wasn't to his liking as well.

I realise this is even less likely than 3 points at Sixfields tonight.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 16:46:45 »

Power should go all out to get Cotterill till the end of the season. That would be my ideal short term appointment. See how they get on and then Power can decide if he wants to go back to his Kidz About way of running things in May. Would give Cotterill the freedom of leaving if it wasn't to his liking as well.

I realise this is even less likely than 3 points at Sixfields tonight.

Pointless....a new man would need the window to recruit a few of his type of player. Wilson managed it in 08/09, on replacing Malpas, by bringing in Greer, Robson-Kanu and Tudur-Jones. That just about kept us up.  This season is gone...we're down. Power knows it, and tbf it does look like he accepts the blame.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 17:25:55 »

Pointless....a new man would need the window to recruit a few of his type of player. Wilson managed it in 08/09, on replacing Malpas, by bringing in Greer, Robson-Kanu and Tudur-Jones. That just about kept us up.  This season is gone...we're down. Power knows it, and tbf it does look like he accepts the blame.
I'm as fed up with the club as anyone but can't accept that we're down with 45 points left to play for, especially this year when the quality of the league is as poor as I've seen.

If we change nothing then yes, we're down.

We've a poor squad but I wouldn't say we're beyond saving with a serious shake up, yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 17:48:40 »

We've a poor squad but I wouldn't say we're beyond saving with a serious shake up, yet.

I'd say a fit and non jailed Ince, and a fit and match sharp Obika may, just may keep us up.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 18:11:17 »

I'd say a fit and non jailed Ince, and a fit and match sharp Obika may, just may keep us up.

I think the odds favour neither, rather than both, those conditions being met.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 18:59:34 »

I think the odds favour neither, rather than both, those conditions being met.

Gotta have a dream.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 19:02:21 »

Does it look like we are going down? Yes at the moment

Are we definitely down? Has the season gone? No course it hasn't, no team 2 points safety in middle of February is as good as relegated.

It's going to be a massive struggle but we to suggest its done and dusted is ludicrous
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: