Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 19120 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:18:50 »

It all comes from Power.
I'm not a fan of interference from the boardroom (fitton for example)
But this fella takes the biscuit. Until he goes it will not change. Can only hope some rich fucker will buy the club from him and employ someone to run the football side with a budget set aside to do so.
Won't be holding my breath though.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:20:26 by Arriba » Logged
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 14:07:51 »

does that mean this team would have lost 4000-0..

Smiley
Yep
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 14:21:42 »

So who's fault is it that we are shit?

I did warn you all about Williams (see the lounge).

can't see the lounge
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 16:38:16 »

can't see the lounge
Its what posh people call the front room.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 18:51:58 »

Power's model worked when we got to the play offs but has failed since then.

Just after Christmas that season it was obvious teams had sussed out the " Swindon way "
Luckily we had some class in that team to stay above the play off line but it wasn't a great run in.
We were shipping goals back then but difference is we could score too.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:10:34 »

We got blame someone haven`t we - so why not Power as he is running the club so it must be his fault - can`t see who in there right minds would want to take over except the club is not in debt which is worth something - how do you run a club on crowds of 6k - 7k - all the clubs have loans to survive in the lower leagues - our big problem this season has been the strikers - the worst I have seen for a long long time - Williams doesn`t come across confidently even when we do win - every time I hear Power he sounds like he is interested - god knows why and god knows who would want to put any money into the club as it stands - indeed all very confusing and quite depressing especially after yesterday`s result - its not looking good. Will Power leaving cheer us up.....?? I think I know the answer to that....

Bathtime
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:14:44 »

Will Power leaving cheer us up.....?? I think I know the answer to that....
You're right there. I think Power's made a proper horse's arse of most of it on the playing side, but unless and until there's a sensible viable alternative I don't want him to leave. There's plenty of Jeds, Peter Pannus, Munto Finances and SISUs out there, be very careful what you wish for
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:18:31 »

I'd settle for seeing Power make some sweeping changes in personnel this summer and adopt a new approach, at least it would show some positive intent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:44:00 »

Quote from: sonicyouth
I'd settle for seeing Power make some sweeping changes in personnel this summer and adopt a new approach, at least it would show some positive intent.

this.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 10:16:12 »

I wouldn't hold your breath. He knows the game, remember.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 12:59:38 »

Instead of concentrating on the Power Out - as a) he is going nowhere and b) there is no credible alternative at this moment, let get the pressure for Williams to go and a change in the manager / head coach role, yes it may not work we may go down anyway but if nothing changes I see us going down with a wimper not a fight, at least id there is a change it may fire up a few players to actually try instead of going through the motions
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:09:03 »

Instead of concentrating on the Power Out - as a) he is going nowhere and b) there is no credible alternative at this moment, let get the pressure for Williams to go and a change in the manager / head coach role, yes it may not work we may go down anyway but if nothing changes I see us going down with a wimper not a fight, at least id there is a change it may fire up a few players to actually try instead of going through the motions
Williams won't walk neither will Embleton.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:10:39 »

We got blame someone haven`t we - so why not Power as he is running the club so it must be his fault - can`t see who in there right minds would want to take over except the club is not in debt which is worth something - how do you run a club on crowds of 6k - 7k - all the clubs have loans to survive in the lower leagues - our big problem this season has been the strikers - the worst I have seen for a long long time - Williams doesn`t come across confidently even when we do win - every time I hear Power he sounds like he is interested - god knows why and god knows who would want to put any money into the club as it stands - indeed all very confusing and quite depressing especially after yesterday`s result - its not looking good. Will Power leaving cheer us up.....?? I think I know the answer to that....

sCUNThorpe United highest attendance this season was just over 6,000
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:22:17 »

Scunthorpe United are owned by Peter Swann who is reportedly worth £340 million.  He subsidizes the team heavily.  Scunthorpe has a far bigger wage bill than Swindon.
Chrystovski

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 13:28:18 »

How can it be anyone else's fault but Power.

He's the instigator of the 'Swindon way' - in reality a smokescreen that enables him to put together a mish mash of a squad at minimal cost explaining the 'way' enables us to attract quality loans from bigger clubs.

He employs a coach to carry out his plan on a 5 year contract - something he is loathe to offer players which is the usual one year with an option.

He has had windows to address the glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad yet recruits more of the same - lightweight, inexperienced youngsters with a couple of players not match fit due to not playing for their parent clubs.

God knows what the thinking was regarding Sherwood. The whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Power has stated his number one intention is to make money. He deflects any questions about financial matters and publishes bare bones accounts which reveal nothing.

We have to take his word, or not, on the health of the club yet all his previous business dealings point to a man who cares nothing about the businesses he's involved in and drops them in the shit when he can no longer make money out of it.

13 out of 17 businesses he has been involved in have gone bust - including one football club.

Top post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: