Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 19114 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:16:31 »

So who's fault is it that we are shit?

Is it Power, Williams or Sherwood? If Power sacks Williams, then we get a good manager in, is Power then loved again?

I did warn you all about Williams (see the lounge).

I am genuinely baffled on who's the baddie in all of this. Is Power really a meanie. Without him, would we have a club at all? I thought the cunt lived in Switzerland?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:30:59 »

it's not an either or.

power has a model that is high risk and currently broken. it needs changing.

Williams is crap and not getting the best out of them. his style of play is boring and bollocks in league 1

Sherwood is pointless
_---------

if power happened across something that worked for more than one season I'd happily be fickle and apologise. but let's not go jackanory..
----------------
there isn't one view on this.. done people are done with power come hell or high water
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:39:44 »

Occams razor.

It's the manager.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:45:30 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/8488199/Premier-League-football-teams-lose-millions-on-printers-collapse.html
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:47:33 »

Occams razor.

It's the manager.

Who is the manager though?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 22:50:45 »

Who is the manager though?

Doesn't matter. Whomever it is is not up to it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:31:54 »

They're like the holy trinity of God, except there's not 3 of them.
They all amalgamate into one, for some inexplicable reason ("the Swindon way"?) that never pans out in reality. You can remove a cog from the system but it'll still basically function the same.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 06:03:00 »

How can it be anyone else's fault but Power.

He's the instigator of the 'Swindon way' - in reality a smokescreen that enables him to put together a mish mash of a squad at minimal cost explaining the 'way' enables us to attract quality loans from bigger clubs.

He employs a coach to carry out his plan on a 5 year contract - something he is loathe to offer players which is the usual one year with an option.

He has had windows to address the glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad yet recruits more of the same - lightweight, inexperienced youngsters with a couple of players not match fit due to not playing for their parent clubs.

God knows what the thinking was regarding Sherwood. The whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Power has stated his number one intention is to make money. He deflects any questions about financial matters and publishes bare bones accounts which reveal nothing.

We have to take his word, or not, on the health of the club yet all his previous business dealings point to a man who cares nothing about the businesses he's involved in and drops them in the shit when he can no longer make money out of it.

13 out of 17 businesses he has been involved in have gone bust - including one football club.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 07:35:45 »

How can it be anyone else's fault but Power.

He's the instigator of the 'Swindon way' - in reality a smokescreen that enables him to put together a mish mash of a squad at minimal cost explaining the 'way' enables us to attract quality loans from bigger clubs.

He employs a coach to carry out his plan on a 5 year contract - something he is loathe to offer players which is the usual one year with an option.

He has had windows to address the glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad yet recruits more of the same - lightweight, inexperienced youngsters with a couple of players not match fit due to not playing for their parent clubs.

God knows what the thinking was regarding Sherwood. The whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Power has stated his number one intention is to make money. He deflects any questions about financial matters and publishes bare bones accounts which reveal nothing.

We have to take his word, or not, on the health of the club yet all his previous business dealings point to a man who cares nothing about the businesses he's involved in and drops them in the shit when he can no longer make money out of it.

13 out of 17 businesses he has been involved in have gone bust - including one football club.

Very much this. That's why very few have turned on Williams. And it is evident to most that Sherwood was/is merely a smokescreen.If we go down I'd be very surprised if Power sticks around as unless he unearths a gem (ala lookman from charlton) then I can't see the club making him money which ultimately why he got involved with us in the first place. To get involved with Waterford tells me that he feels his time here is almost up. I don't trust the cunt end of.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 08:25:20 »

Very much this. That's why very few have turned on Williams. And it is evident to most that Sherwood was/is merely a smokescreen.If we go down I'd be very surprised if Power sticks around as unless he unearths a gem (ala lookman from charlton) then I can't see the club making him money which ultimately why he got involved with us in the first place. To get involved with Waterford tells me that he feels his time here is almost up. I don't trust the cunt end of.

All good analogies. Sherwood I agree was a smokescreen to dampen down fans growing dissent. His connections and experience just what little old ST need and any other platitudes you can dream up.

Other than away to Bolton anyone seen any green shoots of revival? Power as mentioned gives very little away financially (he is a tax exile in Switzerland FFS) so don't expect that to change soon. Waterford town?, Well that could be described as an insurance policy. If it goes tits up here, he'll disappear in a puff of smoke, if he can cling on then it's a feeder/development club for him. Other than tax and death only other certainty in this lif is Power took us over when were in the mire, when goes it'll be Ground hog day again.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 08:30:07 »

The buck may well end with Power, but that doesn't change the fact that the manager is fucking useless.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:00:09 »

So, if we had a manager that was getting results with the same players, would Power then still be the baddie? I would say people would stop moaning...

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:06:42 »

So, if we had a manager that was getting results with the same players, would Power then still be the baddie? I would say people would stop moaning...

Most people would. The majority of fans are mainly concerned about what happens on the pitch. There would still be some accusing Power of being the antichrist, but it would be a really small number and a lot of them are using him as justification for not going to games.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:15:41 »

there are a group of people that wouldn't stop moaning. I think most would pipe down, but retain a healthy cynicism.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:17:52 »

Of course folk would stop moaning but that doesn't mean my view of power would alter. Rose coloured spectacles maybe but it  would be nice to have a chairman that we could trust/ have the clubs best intentions at the core of all the decisions that are made.As it stands, he sees himself as a 'businessman' that's purely in it to line his pockets.Ironic perhaps that we all ask for transparency when we all know this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: