Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 19121 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:23:36 »

Williams needs to be removed as first team coach/manager, whatever his current position is.

Power tends to be pretty shrewd when it comes to contracts, so i'd be surprised if there aren't any contingencies in place regarding Williams' 5 year deal.

Whether he's relieved of his duties or reverted back to just being coach/cone gatherer, it needs changing now and a new manager brought in this week.
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:33:34 »

Most people would. The majority of fans are mainly concerned about what happens on the pitch. There would still be some accusing Power of being the antichrist, but it would be a really small number and a lot of them are using him as justification for not going to games.

It makes me laugh when I see comments like 'He's ripped the soul out of the club' and other such verbiage.

Nonsense. It's just down to crap football and worse results. Play well and start winning and this 'soul' would suddenly return.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:47:48 »

The buck may well end with Power, but that doesn't change the fact that the manager is fucking useless.
You are right, of course. But who is keeping a useless manager in a job - and why.

We can all theorise it's because he doesn't want/can't pay him off, or that he needs a compliant yes man who wont ask questions or ask for players he needs rather than what's foisted on him.

An experienced manager would ask questions Power wouldn't want to answer. Experienced players would ask questions Williams couldn't answer.

He's appointed 3 managers - all similar in that they are grateful to be given a chance with Williams given the sweetener of a 5 year deal that prevented Power from doing the one thing he doesn't want to - employ a manager who might kick back.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:10:20 »

So if we were to get rid of power, and we back in a financial mess, would you be happy then?

Power has obviously invested in the club and into players.

A football club is a business. Any owner who didn't want to make money would be daft. He's the owner and it's his right to do what he wants. It's the same in any other business. If, as a customer, you don't like the owner, you go elsewhere.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:18:31 »

So just change allegiances because you don't like the owner?

With respect, changing the football team you support isn't the same as going to Sainsbury's because you don't like the owner of Tesco.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:58:40 »

So if we were to get rid of power, and we back in a financial mess, would you be happy then?

Power has obviously invested in the club and into players.

A football club is a business. Any owner who didn't want to make money would be daft. He's the owner and it's his right to do what he wants. It's the same in any other business. If, as a customer, you don't like the owner, you go elsewhere.
If he actually came out with authorised figures proving our financial health, fair enough, I'd accept the current situation as just one of our usual cycles of shitness.

But because the only thing we've got to go on is his word - which, given his past business history, needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

We've been on a downward spiral since the Feb of the play off season. 2 years of total shit which shows no sign of ending any time soon.

If this is the best Power/Sherwood can do with a top 10 budget, I dread to think who will rock up at the CG next season in L2.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:41:34 »

Well ultimately the buck stops with Power doesn't it? He has had 3 transfer windows to fix an obvious problem and hasn't. Williams hasn't been able to do anything decent with the squad and he kept him in.

Fair play he got us financially stable and we're not in debt, and he also gave us one half decent year and one very decent year (bar the playoff final) but you have to adjust and adapt and he hasn't. Williams is out of his depth but I'm not too harsh on him. It's easy to say "he should just resign" but at the end of the day this is his job and he's never gonna get another management position after this.

I'm pretty much as happy clapper as they get and even I'm fed up. I've pretty much resigned myself to relegation and to be honest, I don't feel like the 1 hour + drive & ticket cost is worth it anymore to watch the football we produce. Going down without a fight is unforgivable and that is exactly what we're doing.

Sherwood was a PR stunt. It didn't work. Hopefully he fucks off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:55:12 »

in reply to fh, it really it does feel like the heart of this club has been ripped out in the  right here and right now.

it's more than just our poor results.

I think (as I've droned on) about that. ever since the playoff final the shutters came up, and the recruitment policy had been uncompromising and  consistently poor.

can a good season change it. I think it needs a major tweak to the entire approach. I can't see it, nobody can.

proof before belief
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:56:55 »

Well ultimately the buck stops with Power doesn't it? He has had 3 transfer windows to fix an obvious problem and hasn't. Williams hasn't been able to do anything decent with the squad and he kept him in.

Fair play he got us financially stable and we're not in debt, and he also gave us one half decent year and one very decent year (bar the playoff final) but you have to adjust and adapt and he hasn't. Williams is out of his depth but I'm not too harsh on him. It's easy to say "he should just resign" but at the end of the day this is his job and he's never gonna get another management position after this.

I'm pretty much as happy clapper as they get and even I'm fed up. I've pretty much resigned myself to relegation and to be honest, I don't feel like the 1 hour + drive & ticket cost is worth it anymore to watch the football we produce. Going down without a fight is unforgivable and that is exactly what we're doing.

Sherwood was a PR stunt. It didn't work. Hopefully he fucks off

I totally agree on both parts.

Firstly, there will be more Jamie Reckord & Dean Parrett's than there will be Ryan Mason & Alex Pritchard's in the loan system..

Secondly, this whole season has a feeling of the one that we were relegated with Paul Hart at Wednesday away.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:04:53 »

Power's model worked when we got to the play offs but has failed since then.

Having an even remotely competent manager would at least give us a chance of staying in the division.

Kenneth may well be the best coach in the world but he's proving to be an absolute disaster of a manager. We brought in Sherwood to 'help' him and it's only got worse.

Time to make some tough decisions Mr Power, this Sherwood/Williams nonsense has to stop and a new manager is required.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:06:45 »

The current situation we are in because of the owners beliefs is summed up in one word....BORING!!!!!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:10:01 »

Bring back Kevin Macdonald
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:11:26 »

Bring back Kevin Macdonald

KM and Maurice Malpas dream team ticket?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:14:30 »

The play-off squad was 1000 miles better than what we have now and that team got dicked 4-0
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:16:23 »

does that mean this team would have lost 4000-0..

Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: