Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35867 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:49:37 »

We lost 3 home games on the spin in September, OK a bit unlucky v Bury, but it was painfully obvious that the lessons of last season's historic CG shitness had not been learned, and this time no goalscorer to bail us out. Losing easily to sides no better than bog standard Div 3/4 fodder, set the alarm bells ringing

I actually agree with this.. what's happened to me?  Cheesy

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 13:07:56 »

personally thought we'd be OK and the window would save us.

the craptacular approach to that had alarm bells ringing. gladwin, ajose and ince I can see sense, but two of those were final day.

the whimpering surrender of the last 4 games, and the wider 10 &  15 game runs.. there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

still clinging on to a fit ince and obika making a difference... but it's getting a bit late...
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 14:11:52 »

Watching Burnley at the moment,what a bit of organisation,drive and belief can do.They must have a real manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 14:38:48 »

Watching Burnley at the moment,what a bit of organisation,drive and belief can do.They must have a real manager.

Burnley at Turf Moor are an example of being very good at the basics of football that any team at any level should aspire to. We can't even do that, hence a heaviest ever defeat to a non league side at the CG.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 10:00:55 »

Preseason was so bad, I put money on us being relegated before a ball was kicked in August... it just seemed inevitable

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:00:09 »

Just think it would work now with what we got. We all have our own opinions of what will work as does power he's only doing what he thinks will work

Player managers don't work these days that why clubs don't go down that route any more there is to much pressure on a manager to handle playing as well.

Ideally we need to get rid of the 3 amigos (Sherwood, Williams, Embelton) bring in a new manager now so he has time to try and get points on the board, someone like Cotterill would do a job knows how to scrape wins and draws, but unfortunately Power would not employ someone of that character probably go for someone like Chris Casper or bring in someone from Waterford
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:11:00 »

Player managers don't work these days that why clubs don't go down that route any more there is to much pressure on a manager to handle playing as well.

Ideally we need to get rid of the 3 amigos (Sherwood, Williams, Embelton) bring in a new manager now so he has time to try and get points on the board, someone like Cotterill would do a job knows how to scrape wins and draws, but unfortunately Power would not employ someone of that character probably go for someone like Chris Casper or bring in someone from Waterford

It's too late. Whoever potentially comes in would still have a squad of players not fit for Div 3 purpose, you could give it to SAF and we'd still go down.  The salvation had to happen in the window, and although some got a bit excited on here, it was pretty obvious that nothing substantial was done. 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:11:36 »

It's too late. Whoever potentially comes in would still have a squad of players not fit for Div 3 purpose, you could give it to SAF and we'd still go down.  The salvation had to happen in the window, and although some got a bit excited on here, it was pretty obvious that nothing substantial was done. 

Don't agree, if someone came in and was able to get organised and get a bit of extra effort out of what we have then we may stand a chance, we are not cast adrift YET at the moment it is looking like we are heading one way.

Although that would rely on on Power being prepared to clear out Williams and Embelton and I'm not convinced he will do it as it will cost money
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:42:55 »

Don't agree, if someone came in and was able to get organised and get a bit of extra effort out of what we have then we may stand a chance, we are not cast adrift YET at the moment it is looking like we are heading one way.

Although that would rely on on Power being prepared to clear out Williams and Embelton and I'm not convinced he will do it as it will cost money

We've recruited a certain type of player to play a certain way.....in a relegation battle you need a different type. Our response to a must win game at Bury, is to draft in a kid who's played a dozen games for Aldershot in the Conference, now tbf to the lad he may turn out decent, but having to drop another kid who's been a fairly consistent, so that we can presumably fit in an unsuitable must play loan....is football suicide. It just is...as I said at the end of the window, more poor recruitment, an unbalanced squad, only a truly desperate man would go anywhere near it.  Also WTF does Seamus Brady do in all this dung? Anyone the first clue?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:51:20 »

Also WTF does Seamus Brady do in all this dung? Anyone the first clue?
Good question. I'd completely forgotten about him until the Adver article today which showed him sat next to Sherwood and had exactly the same thought. If Sherwood was Director of Football, what does a Sporting Director do at a football club? Organise the croquet team?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:59:16 »

I thought he was responsible for scouting?

Nah, can't believe that.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 12:24:24 »

Good question. I'd completely forgotten about him until the Adver article today which showed him sat next to Sherwood and had exactly the same thought. If Sherwood was Director of Football, what does a Sporting Director do at a football club? Organise the croquet team?

Wasn't Brady used to relay the messages from Sherwood via ear piece to Embelton who would relay the instructions to Williams to relay them to the players
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 14:19:03 »

Wasn't Brady used to relay the messages from Sherwood via ear piece to Embelton who would relay the instructions to Williams to relay them to the players
He may have done that, but that can't have been his sole function surely? That's more suited to a job title of "Runner" than "Sporting Director"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 14:34:13 »

No wonder we are so shite in that case. It must be a bit like chinese whispers in primary school. Sherwood starts by saying "stop playing these shite tactics" and by the time it gets to Williams the message is "continue to tit around with it"

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 14:40:24 »

'The cheesemakers shall inherit the earth'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: