Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36052 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:50:58 »

4/6 to go down now on Bet365, first time I've seen us odds on. Depressing.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:55:17 »

It's not the shit season(s), or the shit football, or the shit players - it's the fact that I no longer care as much that fucks me off.

I never, ever thought I could feel so accepting of the inevitable. The whole 'atmosphere' of being a Town fan has deserted me.

How has it come to this?
I know where you are coming from.

Unfortunately for me I still get pissed off with the football.  I would accept (within reason) going down if we put in 100% and lost trying our best, but we don't.

That's what hurts me the most.

The problem as I see it is we have Power with the right intentions (stabilising the off the field antics) which doesn't seem to work on the pitch.

Power needs to stop the interference and let the manager manage the team, which leads me on to the next problem. As an outsider it is clear to me Williams is not capable of managing the team (too pally with the team, lack of team fitness and void of tactics to change a game).

What is the answer?

IMO, Power to recruit a manager who he will let manage a team. Recruit a manager who can get the team fit, build their confidence and fight for our club.

There must be some cheap managers out there that can fit the bill (?)

Rant over and thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F
corner

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 10:49:41 »

I know where you are coming from.

Unfortunately for me I still get pissed offwork on the pitch.

What is the answer?

IMO, Power to recruit a manager who he will let manage a team. Recruit a manager who can get the team fit, build their confidence and fight for our club.

There must be some cheap managers out there that can fit the bill (?)

Rant over and thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F
Agree with this, I think the only way foward would be a player manager, someone who would say this is what we're going to do and do it with them, not sure who though has to be down to earth not a billy big bollocks someone who will work hard.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #228 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 10:59:25 »

Michael Carrick?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:06:57 »

The same Carrick who is regularly playing for Man Utd?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:26:33 »

Yep but not given a new contract I believe. Get this season out of the way. Get him in for next season.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:41:12 »

Agree with this, I think the only way foward would be a player manager, someone who would say this is what we're going to do and do it with them, not sure who though has to be down to earth not a billy big bollocks someone who will work hard.
Can't see that happening, let alone working to save us from relegation this season.

Power needs to bite the bullet, end the DoF-Head Coach business, get a manager who knows how to win games against some very average (shit) teams, ie someone who does homework on the opposition and who can influence things during the 90 mins if things aren't going to plan.

The most depressing thing about this season is that the division is shockingly poor. Any measure of nous, fitness, organisation and determination should mean mid-table obscurity. We're so devoid of this yesterday's defeat, and the manner of it, was not a surprise.

Losing all our derby games (deservedly), losing to lower league opposition in two cup competitions, failing to get a point at the team with the worst home record (Franchise), losing to (and not even scoring against) a team with one win in twenty and with the worst defence in the division Bury), not being able to beat a team below us in the league when leading 1-0 at home and with them down to ten men (Shrews) - all add up to show that Williams isn't and won't be a match-day manager.

We're the team to play currently, and all the signs point to relegation under the current set up. However, I still think there is a glimmer of a chance we could avoid the drop if a change is made. I only say this because we're not getting stuffed every week and we do have players who can do an ok job in this division, and because we still have to play a lot of equally poor sides.  
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:43:43 »

Why is it we always go back to the fucking player manager idea? It worked a couple of times about 20-30 years ago, is this the same reason people voted Tory? An interminable desire to regress to the good old days?

corner

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:46:43 »

Why is it we always go back to the fucking player manager idea? It worked a couple of times about 20-30 years ago, is this the same reason people voted Tory? An interminable desire to regress to the good old days?

Just think it would work now with what we got. We all have our own opinions of what will work as does power he's only doing what he thinks will work
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:50:03 »

An excellent summary leftside, however I can't help but think, this was so obvious early season that if a change was to be made it would have happened. The old cliche about football being a results business doesn't seem to apply to us....for us it's a try and develop players and make the owner some money business.  

Power clearly believes that Luke can polish turds, and seems to accept the problem has been in the recruitment....so as results don't matter Luke is in the clear. It's why we picked up kids like Conroy and Starkey in the window rather than soomeone who might win us a few games.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:01:16 »

Amen, Reg. Spot on.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:11:20 »

An excellent summary leftside, however I can't help but think, this was so obvious early season that if a change was to be made it would have happened. The old cliche about football being a results business doesn't seem to apply to us....for us it's a try and develop players and make the owner some money business.  

Power clearly believes that Luke can polish turds, and seems to accept the problem has been in the recruitment....so as results don't matter Luke is in the clear. It's why we picked up kids like Conroy and Starkey in the window rather than soomeone who might win us a few games.
Not sure it was obvious 'early season', but certainly before Christmas.

As well as the results side of things, the recruitment policy is in severe risk of failing. Our saleable assets currently are minimal, and if failure on the pitch continues (this and next season), then the likelihood of the young turds being polished to sell at a profit diminishes too.

Power should surely realise that good players (preferably in a winning team) will always be in demand, even if they are approaching 30 years old. They are just as good a source of potential income from transfer fees than inexperienced youth (although there might be less chance to get a cut of a future transfer fee). The one thing that makes me think that this does not fit into Power's model is that the inexperienced youth are much cheaper to have on the books.
woolster

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:17:15 »

the writing was on the wall prior to the start of the season, we were playing pre season friendlies
even tho we didn't have a squad assembled, football is all about team work, something we have not managed to do,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:26:52 »

Not sure it was obvious 'early season', but certainly before Christmas.

As well as the results side of things, the recruitment policy is in severe risk of failing. Our saleable assets currently are minimal, and if failure on the pitch continues (this and next season), then the likelihood of the young turds being polished to sell at a profit diminishes too.

Power should surely realise that good players (preferably in a winning team) will always be in demand, even if they are approaching 30 years old. They are just as good a source of potential income from transfer fees than inexperienced youth (although there might be less chance to get a cut of a future transfer fee). The one thing that makes me think that this does not fit into Power's model is that the inexperienced youth are much cheaper to have on the books.

We lost 3 home games on the spin in September, OK a bit unlucky v Bury, but it was painfully obvious that the lessons of last season's historic CG shitness had not been learned, and this time no goalscorer to bail us out. Losing easily to sides no better than bog standard Div 3/4 fodder, set the alarm bells ringing
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 12:39:05 »

We lost 3 home games on the spin in September, OK a bit unlucky v Bury, but it was painfully obvious that the lessons of last season's historic CG shitness had not been learned, and this time no goalscorer to bail us out. Losing easily to sides no better than bog standard Div 3/4 fodder, set the alarm bells ringing
Fair enough, Reg. For me, it wasn't until around the time of the Walsall home and Scunny away defeats that I thought we were beginning to look too uncompetitive too often, and therefore in trouble of getting into a relegation scrap.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: