Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36203 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:56:53 »

The fact that Power seems unwilling to change something that is so blindly obvious, is not only infuriating but utterly baffling. It's so frustrating to a rather aggressive level, and I do not think it an over exaggeration to say non-league eventually beckons for this lot.

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:59:57 »

I think it's a fine description myself. I can see the abyss of non league football is closer than ever in my days of supporting the club (since about 89).

I'm sure reg will remember worse.

thing is IF that were to happen, I'm not confident we'll recover. ever. How's that for dramatic.

there is a easy to go yet mind, a lot can happen.

This is the worst set up... players, management etc that I've seen in over 50 years.  But it is too early to worry about next season...next to none of the current players will be here. Div 4 is slightly easier, insofar as only 2 go down.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:04:02 »

The fact that Power seems unwilling to change something that is so blindly obvious, is not only infuriating but utterly baffling. It's so frustrating to a rather aggressive level, and I do not think it an over exaggeration to say non-league eventually beckons for this lot.
So as a football man appears unwilling to sort out the football side of things we we can assume then that league position is actually irrelevant to Power. So he must be in it for other things. All communication coming from the club appears to be uncorroborated puerile shite to keep the cash cows (us) happy for as long as he can wing it.  
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:07:54 »

Time to take action, Sherwood has slung his hook.  Nobody needs to be sacked.  Bring back Sturrock on an advisory basis.

If a major change doesn't happen this week, its over.  Please email the club, the Adver, BBC Radio Wilts, Hockaday, Parkin, and anyone else that might listen,  If anyone knows Luggy, contact him.  

The players need to be more scared of Luggy than the opposition, and it may help stop the refs taking the piss.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:11:49 »

Time to take action, Sherwood has slung his hook.  Nobody needs to be sacked.  Bring back Sturrock on an advisory basis.

If a major change doesn't happen this week, its over.  Please email the club, the Adver, BBC Radio Wilts, Hockaday, Parkin, and anyone else that might listen,  If anyone knows Luggy, contact him.  

The players need to be more scared of Luggy than the opposition, and it may help stop the refs taking the piss.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:18:15 »

These are desperate times.  Allardyce is too busy and too expensive at the moment, so who do you suggest might be brought in to give the fans some hope, and to stop the refs taking the piss.  

Probably going to get a 3-point deduction for "handbags in the tunnel, so Power better do something rather quickly.

BTW, Poyet did all the work, but Sturrock achieved promotion.

If not Sturrock to advise, with Sherwood AWOL, any suggestions not to include Danny Williams?  

I do know of a former West Ham player and Swindon manager that might fit the bill, but he might want freehold of the training ground for signing on.

This is more depressing than Paul Hart's tenure.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:26:44 by Crozzer » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:24:46 »

These are desperate times.  Allardyce is too busy and too expensive at the moment, so who do you suggest might be brought in to give the fans some hope, and to stop the refs taking the piss.  

Probably going to get a 3-point deduction for "handbags in the tunnel, so Power better do something rather quickly.

BTW, Poyet did all the work, but Sturrock achieved promotion.

If not Sturrock to advise, with Sherwood AWOL, any suggestions not to include Danny Williams?  

I do know of a former West Ham player and Swindon manager that might fit the bill, but he might want freehold of the training ground for signing on.

It's too late....the chance to do something about relegation was during the window. We did nothing, beyond a limp sticking plaster which quickly came off during the first encounter with pressure. There just isn't any fight within this squad of players.....
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:29:33 »

I was hoping for someone in the dugout who the players fear more than the opposition. Sir Alex has retired, but there must be someone out there who can persuade someone in the midfield to play a ball into Ajose's feet.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:41:32 »

I was hoping for someone in the dugout who the players fear more than the opposition. Sir Alex has retired, but there must be someone out there who can persuade someone in the midfield to play a ball into Ajose's feet.

We're still on for the lowest ever leading goalscorer and only season without someone netting at least a brace. To give some sort of context to our shitness, Bury kept a clean sheet at Gigg Lane on the opening day of the season...we're the first side not to score there since.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:44:07 »

Coventry haven't won since November I think. just saying...
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:49:19 »

We're still on for the lowest ever leading goalscorer and only season without someone netting at least a brace. To give some sort of context to our shitness, Bury kept a clean sheet at Gigg Lane on the opening day of the season...we're the first side not to score there since.

Now realised that Sherwood was there today, Nero is fiddling.........
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:54:10 by Crozzer » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 21:58:03 »

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:32:23 »

It's okay guys, I am sure we will be treated to more footage of the Bolton match on social media this week for the thousandth time.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:35:25 »

It's okay guys, I am sure we will be treated to more footage of the Bolton match on social media this week for the thousandth time.

🔥
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:47:54 »

Well, that was a long day and bloody cold.
Big opportunity missed as Bury were there for the taking, but yet another example of being turned over by a limited team that offers not much more than a basic game plan and some organization, which is normally enough for 3 points against us.

Trying to find some positives is a pointless exercise, probably a bit like flicking flies from shit.
Here goes anyway.

The effort was there, which is why it was a case of a quick clap and exit stage right sharpish.
Noticed that even Football Phil was dishing out abuse at the end, and then there are people like the guy with 800 odd consecutive games and now just travelling out of habit.

Decent displays from Ince & Conroy, but do they now sink to the level of the rest of them over the next few games.
Better from Gladwin but is still capable of much better.
Brophy was the only one who managed to get in behind on occasion, but still couldn't find an unmarked Ajose for what would have been a simple tap in.
Good to see Obika back, hopefully the front two can stay in place for the remainder of the season.

Other than that, some half chances and what should have been the equalizer at the end.
And back to the drawing board with the free kicks.

Biggest disappointment was Colkett, offered nothing over and above what Kasim or even Rodgers would have done.
Might as well play Rodgers, tell him to run around as best he can and just concentrate on getting any free kicks on target.

Dabo also appears to be going backwards, almost to the point where I'm thinking we are missing square pass Barry in the team.

Can't see a change of management happening, so it's very difficult* to see a sub 30% win rate changing to something like the 45% that would be needed for the rest of the season.
*so much so that it would be miraculous if it happened.

Being a delusional fool and still with some misguided hope, the remaining away days are all booked up.
Just have to grin and bear it and enjoy the beer along the way.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: