Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36210 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:10:38 »

He just said Colkett has the ability to emulate Lampard and Fabregas
TBF he didn't. Williams said he (Colkett) wanted to get into the Chelsea 1st team so as a midfielder then those are the players he has to aspire to emulate. He didn't say he had the ability to do so. Williams talked enough shite during the course of that interview without mishearing that bit. Like trying to blame the ref for the fact that we are fucking abject.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:11:02 »

Difficult to see anything positive from this game.
rephrase to ANY game.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:11:13 »

That was tough to listen to.

Huge game...240 odd away fans is frankly a stunning turn out. Respect.

'Good movement there but town again took too long to break forward'.

Heard it all match and have seen it all season. We all have except those who can change it.

Ajose has no impact without balls played into him, ahead of him.

Fuck all the tactics, just change the way we play....two pass...break. If it fails it fails but we want nine touchs of the ball in midfield.

92 minutes to create the first proper chance is somewhat embarrassing.

You could argue that the ref fucked it for us if we dominated but we never looked like scoring...

I think that's it for us. It's been depressing watching this decline.

Sad day.

Clems Army!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:14:53 »

He just said Colkett has the ability to emulate Lampard and Fabregas
What, retire?

Sent from my SM-G935F
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:18:27 »

What the fuck is Shaun Hodgetts questioning all about? Ask all the most banal questions possible, rather than the ones we actually want to hear?

He's starting to fuck me off too.

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:25:19 »

Hodgetts doesnt want to upset the applecart does he? Probably hoping for a new pair of jeans from the club at christmas or something
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:28:16 »

he's probably remembering Brunel FM, doesn't want to be frozen out.

remember when the BBC did journalism and broke stories good and bad...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:37:16 »

Just got back, and not really sure where to start...

If we're looking for positives, Vigoroux hardly had anything to do, Ince put some tackles in, and we defended ok - they only scored because of a penalty seen quite clearly by the referee, but by nobody else on the pitch or in the stands. That's pretty much where the positives end.

We can make excuses like the bad penalty decision and a dodgy pitch, but the fact is we simply weren't good enough. To put it into perspective, there wasn't one player in that Bury side who impressed me, and yet we thoroughly deserved to lose.

Keeping the ball is all well and good when you can do it. But 3-4 sideways passes were always followed by a misplaced ball, an underhit ball, an overhit ball, or a ball designed to meet a runt hat was never made.

Playing with pacey forwards is all well and good, when you let them run into space or receive the ball at their feet, but we played bad balls into them all day, and rarely attacked quickly enough to get in behind.

I've never understood people's attitude towards Gladwin. He has a good touch, a good shot on him, and he can drive play forwards. But today there were far too many misplaced places, and he lost the ball in the challenge more times than I care to remember. It wouldn't be harsh to say he offered nothing.

Dabo was a shadow of the player who impressed at Bolton. Brophy had the beating of his man time and time again but never picked out a man. Colkett looked like a schoolkid who'd won a competition, summed up perfectly by his scuffed shot from 15 yards out at the death, when a simple placed shot into the corner would have leveled the score.

Hylton huffed and puffed but was left stranded. Ajose made runs and tried to inject life but had nothing to feed off. Then Obika came on and showed us what we'd missed all game, and in many games previously. He held the ball up, moved it on, and generally looked to create a threat. Sadly it never amounted to much.

At the final whistle, few fans bothered to clap the players off. Some walked off, others hurled abuse. Branco gave a bit back from near the penalty spot, but most sulked off to the changing room. Fair play to Ince and Dabo who came over and shook people's hands. A few words were exchanged but I have no idea of their nature.

So that's 3 big defeats in a row. Not heavy defeats but potentially season defining. The only way from here is for Power to admit that recruitment is failing, management is failing, and the tactics are failing. The R word is starting to look inevitable, and the club re-posting videos of the goals at Bolton on Facebook every #throwbackthursday isn't going to lighten the mood.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:37:19 »

Surely he's been told don't approach certain subjects or you'll be "advered"

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 18:41:45 »

Quote from: Ells
Surely he's been told don't approach certain subjects or you'll be "advered"
I reckon so
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:37:02 »

Thanks Reeves, that bit Branco gave back both started and finished with an f - so at least we know he's increasingly confident in his English.

Whilst there weren't any positives, at least there weren't really any new negatives. Surprise, surprise, Conroy was tidy without being obviously strong or physical; Brophy had one of those second halfs where he beats players easily, then slips over or can't deliver.  We moved the ball charmingly from side to side.  Our two attempts on target were woefully weak (I thought Obika had connected well with his and that it was going in - he didn't, it didn't and the bloke in front of me turned to give me a withering look to put down my premature excitement).  But we know all this.

R feels inevitable- an odd feeling with so much still to play for, train for, go again for. But the hope that took 1,000 to MK on a foggy night, the optimism that greeted our new players at home to Peterborough, the desperation that put nearly another 2,000 of us on the gate last week, feels in shorter and shakier supply. I quite liked the quirky Gigg Lane, and I even touched the match ball, albeit after the final whistle - a rare treasure.  The good folk of Bury were welcoming - and why wouldn't they...it's not every fortnight you get a dopey bunch of lacklustre losers like us turn up. 

Sam M had tweeted of 'terminal decline' - which is understandable if a little dramatic.  Unfortunately it's a phrase probably more suited to the person hit by a train causing all manner of disruption at Manchester Piccadilly - and I'll end the day's report as I started it, thinking about life's perspective and possibly where football fits within it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:43:20 »

I think it's a fine description myself. I can see the abyss of non league football is closer than ever in my days of supporting the club (since about 89).

I'm sure reg will remember worse.

thing is IF that were to happen, I'm not confident we'll recover. ever. How's that for dramatic.

there is a easy to go yet mind, a lot can happen.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:02:21 »

It's not the shit season(s), or the shit football, or the shit players - it's the fact that I no longer care as much that fucks me off.

I never, ever thought I could feel so accepting of the inevitable. The whole 'atmosphere' of being a Town fan has deserted me.

How has it come to this?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:47:26 »

Pottered about in the Garage all afternoon with radio on.

Did my jobs and went back in the house.

Mrs Flash keeps asking me if I'm ok.

It's obviously playing on my mind.

I'm getting pissed.

Fuck you Power.

Fuck you Sherwood.

Fuck you Williams.

Clems Army!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:54:59 »

Just got back in from the pub having listened to the Swindon commentary on Wiltshire Sound and then watched England scrape through against Wales. Both times well pi**ed off although the eventual England result helped in a very minor way.

Got to say that I texted Wiltshire Sound about the fifteen minute love-in by Sean Hodgetts which once again told us nothing and offered the usual platitudes by Williams and excuses as to why they did not perform.

I "managed" very local football teams for many years in the Wiltshire and Swindon Sunday Leagues and the same applies no matter what level of  team, be it local or professional. The requirement is basically always the same, You need a spine of good keeper, good central defender, good middle of the park and goal scorer come provider of a centre forward. The Town currently are missing two to three of that four and that is down to the top management not applying those basic principles when it has been apparent for a long time now.

We are in the deep sh*t, and the players currently playing are either not good enough/disinterested/inexperienced to battle their way to a position that will guarantee Divvy 1 status next season.

I would be quite happy to see us avoid relegation by a point as goal difference/goals scored will never come into it currently, but games are slipping away rapidly and I can now see us relegated and struggling next season, and as to what that may hold for us only heaven knows.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: