Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ross Embleton  (Read 10187 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 20:32:34 »

To be fair, I did single out an individual comment that was not in line with the rest. Yet, still, I'm not surprised that I happened to find it at that particular source.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 21:02:30 »

Of course this if true is bang out of order, however it's a symptom of how pissed off fans are atm, and will only get worse, as the season deteriorates.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 21:21:35 »

Something similar made Steve McMahon go in 1998. I am sure his son got abuse at a kid's game. Not condoning the behaviour in any means but these situations can bring out extreme reactions especially with a derby game which can bring all sorts out of the woodwork.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 10, 2017, 21:38:35 by Oaksey Moonraker » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 21:29:25 »

With all these phones about I'm surprised there's no footage of what happened.

Isn't there CCTV?

Hopefully we can see what really happened and those guilty get identified.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 21:49:21 »

Something similar made Steve McMahon go in 1998. I am sure his son got abuse at a kid's game. Not condoning the behaviour in any means but these situations can bring out extreme reactions especially with a derby game which can bring all sorts out of the woodwork.

These situations? What! Your chosen football club are a bit shit so you choose to deck someone who's son works for them.

Hardly a result of the situation is it. More just another result of some of our fans being cunts.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:02:33 »

These situations? What! Your chosen football club are a bit shit so you choose to deck someone who's son works for them.

Hardly a result of the situation is it. More just another result of some of our fans being cunts.

By situations you have emotions running high after a derby game and someone or more than one person can't handle that like an ordinary rational person and resorts to violence. That would make them a cunt though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:16:17 »

Of course this if true is bang out of order, however it's a symptom of how pissed off fans are atm, and will only get worse, as the season deteriorates.

Sorry reg, out of order from you. Why or how should it get worse? It's fucking football and no one should expect any sort of physical attack due to a poxy game.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:32:22 »

If Ross's mother was assaulted, there can be NO excuse and I hope all this is investigated by the police and prosecutions follow if warranted. 
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 23:47:27 »

No excuse for shit like this, Derby games bring all the neanderthals out of the woodwork, ones I used to see in the TE in the late 70s/80s, trouble is they still think and act the same as then.

Do find it odd in this day and age where everybody films everything it's taken nearly a week to surface tho, and on the same day as town are pilloried on Talksport  Hmmm

Pretty sure there is cctv in the arkells concourse too so should only be a matter of time before they named and shamed.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 00:28:11 »

I smell bullshit
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 01:17:57 »

If Ross's mother was assaulted, there can be NO excuse and I hope all this is investigated by the police and prosecutions follow if warranted. 

But if only his Dad got twatted, that's excusable?
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 07:07:20 »

Do find it odd in this day and age where everybody films everything it's taken nearly a week to surface tho, and on the same day as town are pilloried on Talksport  Hmmm

In all fairness, Sam Parkin saw something happen from the top of the stand and the first chance he got to establish exactly what went on was at yesterday's press conference.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 07:54:55 »

But if only his Dad got twatted, that's excusable?
The Adver (for once) correctly reports this as "alleged" and no independent corroboration is set out.

The report implies that Ross's Dad admitted "remonstrating" with his assailant.  It is not beyond imagination that an exchange escalated and that Ross's Dad reacted to further abuse and in fact initiated a physical assault but came off worse.  In that type of situation calling for a steward would be the correct solution but an assault might (to a degree) be excusable, yes.

If the allegation is claimed to be as clearcut as reported by LW then IMO the Police should be called in to independently  investigate.  Personally I'm not ready on the basis of the allegation to pick up my pitchfork but I am concerned for Mum, whatever the circumstances.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 08:29:11 »

I actually have no idea who that is.. still, not great publicity eh?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 08:45:36 »

You don't know that Ross Embleton is the assistant manager of Swindon Town?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: