Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80892 times)
Stevens

« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 10:20:57 »

Already looking to my away games next season, normally can only make one a month so:
Luton in September, Cheltenham October, Yeovil November are my certs for this year.
Good midweek game for a change in February - Wycombe.
Will pencil in Cambridge March and Newport April.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 10:35:02 »

Just to clarify Morecambe is never alluring!

You wouldn't recommend making a weekend of it then?
Is there more to Morecambe than lots of very big caravan parks.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 11:26:15 »

Fuck me, we're at home on Boxing Day! Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 11:28:20 »

You wouldn't recommend making a weekend of it then?
Is there more to Morecambe than lots of very big caravan parks.

I am probably being a bit unfair as it is a lot better than it was, and will only get better further as the gentrification following the opening of the link road to the M6 makes it 100x easier to get to and from and thus a more attractive place for people to live.

There is however not a great deal to do there, in fact I am struggling to think of anything as whilst they have imported a small beech now (Morecambe Bay is mud mainly and thus you often cannot even see the sea) its not that exciting see https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g191270-Activities-Morecambe_Lancashire_England.html , so if making a weekend of it I would probably stop there on the way to or from the Lakes or Dales?

Actually looking at it, its Morecambe Carnival on the day we play them surprised that they have allowed them to play at home on the same day?
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:21:54 »

I am probably being a bit unfair as it is a lot better than it was, and will only get better further as the gentrification following the opening of the link road to the M6 makes it 100x easier to get to and from and thus a more attractive place for people to live.

There is however not a great deal to do there, in fact I am struggling to think of anything as whilst they have imported a small beech now (Morecambe Bay is mud mainly and thus you often cannot even see the sea) its not that exciting see https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g191270-Activities-Morecambe_Lancashire_England.html , so if making a weekend of it I would probably stop there on the way to or from the Lakes or Dales?

Actually looking at it, its Morecambe Carnival on the day we play them surprised that they have allowed them to play at home on the same day?

My favourite Morecambe fact is that American Hip-hop legend Busta Rhymes lived there for a while as a young lad.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:26:49 »

So Carlisle away, anyone stayed up there for the weekend or better to stop somewhere on the way back
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:38:04 »

My favourite Morecambe fact is that American Hip-hop legend Busta Rhymes lived there for a while as a young lad.

Is that true as it is also suggested that he lived in Lancaster for a bit but I have never heard it mentioned by anyone up here? Making a few enquiries....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:39:29 »

So Carlisle away, anyone stayed up there for the weekend or better to stop somewhere on the way back
We stayed in a really nice B&B about 10 min walk from the ground when we played them the other year, but again as with Morecambe there is not a great deal to do in Carlisle although Newcastle isn't a million mile away on the train? 
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:31:28 »

Is that true as it is also suggested that he lived in Lancaster for a bit but I have never heard it mentioned by anyone up here? Making a few enquiries....

Apparently so,he lived in Liverpool too.
His Aunty lived in Morecambe and he was sent to stay with her to keep out of trouble,Fresh Prince of Bel Air style.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://louderthanwar.com/busta-rhymes-grew-up-in-morecambe/&ved=0ahUKEwjTuMqfhc_UAhXiL8AKHXatCsMQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNG6pmT9e-ST958Wr7KeEV4305kSyg

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:36:55 »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqrlh9l54mcz8xe/Swindon_Town_Fixtures_201617.ics?dl=0

That's till the end of December, will do the rest later on

Top man!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:41:40 »

Top man!

You can also do via the official site.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/download-towns-1718-fixtures-to-your-calendar/
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:42:20 »

Yep noticed that 20 mins ago after I had finished the rest  Roll Eyes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 15:07:35 »

We stayed in a really nice B&B about 10 min walk from the ground when we played them the other year, but again as with Morecambe there is not a great deal to do in Carlisle although Newcastle isn't a million mile away on the train? 

There's a McVitie's biscuit factory in Carlisle.... I wonder if they do a tour with free samples  Hmmm

It was badly hit by floods in 2015, taking dunking a bit far.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 16:11:30 »

The official site have done that for about 3 years now.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 20:01:37 »

If you like your 1930s Modernism and Art Deco, Morecambe's Midland Hotel is a bit of a gem.

Re Carlisle, the last time I went (thank you Eddy Murray) we had a night in Blackpool before driving up to step foot into Scotland and then dropped back down for the match. Funny Girls in the former Odeon is a hoot.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: