Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80883 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:05:33 »

So what your advocating is the Franchise system yeah, so if we moved to Chippenham you'd be happy as it meant 'progress'. Utter nonsense!

Not even close, Swindon has enough places to build a new stadium, Nailsworth / Stroud doesn't, under those exceptional circumstances I would be happy the club moved to a new stadium a little further away.

Nailsworth is an awful place to get too, the ground is at the top of the hill in a housing estate and the village has very little amentities which includes parking and pubs / food. It's not like Swindon where you can go into town where you come in off the motorway and get right back on, Nailsworth is a good 5 minutes through other villages and tight windy roads to get onto the M5, it's not a place suited for a stadium for a lot of people, so if they want to be able to progress as a league club they will eventually have to move.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:08:04 »

Reg, are you old enough to remember the Ciren railways running?

The old Watermoor station was a stone's throw from where I grew up, but sadly it was gone before we moved there. Used to play on 'the bank' as a kid before it got developed.

bloody Beeching.

edit: ooh name drop since you mentioned This Country, Daisy Cooper was in my sister's year at school. She said I'm not allowed to pass on that she was a 'right bitch' Smiley

the TEF needs more 'OK' stuff for the ladies (if this doesn't piss off Ells I'll be disappointed)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:10:02 »

agree with Gillman's assessment of Nailsworth, FGR can't grow much bigger with that infrastructure.

don't agree moving out is right, or would work though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:28:06 »

Reg, are you old enough to remember the Ciren railways running?

The old Watermoor station was a stone's throw from where I grew up, but sadly it was gone before we moved there. Used to play on 'the bank' as a kid before it got developed.

bloody Beeching.

edit: ooh name drop, Daisy Cooper was in my sister's year at school. She said I'm not allowed to pass on that she was a 'right bitch' Smiley

I'm old enough to remember, but was more of a South Swindon boy, so we'd get the train from Old Town going south rather than north. Parents had links with Gloucester so we used to go there often, but by the existing line, which had the Ciren branch.

I could understand Beeching axing the northern section of the old M and SWJ, but the branch to Ciren, could probably have been kept.

Up until about 15 years ago the route from say South Cerney back to Swindon was still reasonably walkable, the estates bolted on out there have now more or less ruined it, the Blunsdon lot have lengthened their trackbed. They used to be happy to give you right of way if you asked. Oddly the bit south of Akers Way is still a decent route through to around Mannington
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:32:51 »

cheers reg!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:35:30 »

Way beyond my time but I have and do walk the old lines that still exist, especially in the City Bank area (the red brick wall and the path that runs from City bank into Queen street. Distant family own the house in City Bank so spent quite a lot of time up on the viaduct / wall that still exists.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:40:28 »

Not even close, Swindon has enough places to build a new stadium, Nailsworth / Stroud doesn't, under those exceptional circumstances I would be happy the club moved to a new stadium a little further away.

Nailsworth is an awful place to get too, the ground is at the top of the hill in a housing estate and the village has very little amentities which includes parking and pubs / food. It's not like Swindon where you can go into town where you come in off the motorway and get right back on, Nailsworth is a good 5 minutes through other villages and tight windy roads to get onto the M5, it's not a place suited for a stadium for a lot of people, so if they want to be able to progress as a league club they will eventually have to move.
What and a stadium on the motorway only accessible by vehicle is a good location for a ground no where near actual Forest Green. Like it or not your advocating Franchising! If a town or village is too small to sustain a football club and it goes elsewhere it ceases to be that club any longer!  It's no different to Franchise, they claimed they couldn't build or sustain a club in Merton so went elsewhere and in reality it was so the owner could use them as a make weight in a property deal, exactly the same as this.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:43:31 »

Not even close, Swindon has enough places to build a new stadium,

Aren't they all owned by the Council though?  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 15:54:18 »

Way beyond my time but I have and do walk the old lines that still exist, especially in the City Bank area (the red brick wall and the path that runs from City bank into Queen street. Distant family own the house in City Bank so spent quite a lot of time up on the viaduct / wall that still exists.

Walking old lines where you can is great fun, always good to find an old bit of bridge, viaduct, plate layers hut etc.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 20:56:31 »

Trips to Carlisle and Luton confirmed.

Luton will probably compete next season. Masters of their own demise tonight though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:02:33 »

Trips to Carlisle and Luton confirmed.

Luton will probably compete next season. Masters of their own demise tonight though.
Imagine being that twat that wouldn't give the ball back right now. Blackpool score in last minute of injury time that he probably caused. Instant karma!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:03:51 »

Luton is worth going to just because it's so strange, you basically have to walk through someone's garden

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:04:22 »

Imagine being that twat that wouldn't give the ball back right now. Blackpool score in last minute of injury time that he probably caused. Instant karma!

Danny Hylton, that fan and continuously chanting 'Cullen, what's the score?' - not a good night for them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:24:10 »

Luton is worth going to just because it's so strange, you basically have to walk through someone's garden
I was about to post the same
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 21:53:54 »

And don't forget the rats!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: