Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 81194 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:25:34 »

To have actually seen Agombar play carries some weird pride with me though, it was so fucked up. It's a bit like how I bet Darlington fans tell that anecdote about the worms to everybody.

The nearest game for me will be Newport if they make it. I'm super enthusiastic about going back there.  Suicide

It's Bar 95 at the White Horse in Wycombe btw and afaik it's still open.

I got an "I was there monent" when I saw our potent strike force of Delf and Norris, both score their only CG league goal this season v Dale and Fleetwood respectively.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:31:12 »

It's Bar 95 at the White Horse in Wycombe btw and afaik it's still open.

The White Horse still has lunchtime performances, Bar 95 is open in the evenings according to their website which I had to check a few times today.

With most on here now being happily married family men then a visit to Hughenden Manor or Wycombe Museum will be high on the agenda.

League 2 also offers the opportunity for a visit to Hooters in Nottingham.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:51:05 »

I'd like to see Aldershot come up.

I remember going there in the 84/85 season after the Macari sacking /reinstatement

Standing behind the goal with a crappy fence separating us from the home fans,there was a real buzz amongst Town fans as the team were playing well with a sense of momentum
We were even chanting "we're going up next year" such was the level of confidence and belief.
And we did too.
And the year after that..

So I've always had fond memories of Aldershot

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 19:03:47 »

I remember going there in the 84/85 season after the Macari sacking /reinstatement

Standing behind the goal with a crappy fence separating us from the home fans,there was a real buzz amongst Town fans as the team were playing well with a sense of momentum
We were even chanting "we're going up next year" such was the level of confidence and belief.
And we did too.

They're effectively in the PO's. Dover had a bad result on Sat losing at home to Torquay, who happily have  a decent chance of staying in the Conference, with a home fixture v relegated North Ferriby.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 19:22:54 »

They're effectively in the PO's. Dover had a bad result on Sat losing at home to Torquay, who happily have  a decent chance of staying in the Conference, with a home fixture v relegated North Ferriby.

Yes,it would be a shame to see the Gulls drop down further.
I've always loved a trip to Plainmoor
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 20:20:16 »

Yes,it would be a shame to see the Gulls drop down further.
I've always loved a trip to Plainmoor

They're in the same division as Chippenham if Saturday doesn't go to plan...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 21:06:32 »

Jesus. Sobering.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 22:10:01 »

The White Horse still has lunchtime performances, Bar 95 is open in the evenings according to their website which I had to check a few times today.

With most on here now being happily married family men then a visit to Hughenden Manor or Wycombe Museum will be high on the agenda.

League 2 also offers the opportunity for a visit to Hooters in Nottingham.

I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject, Wobbly (an unfortunate name in the circumstances maybe.)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 22:15:35 »

Bloody hell!

No disrespect to Chippenham at all but we are one season away from a potential derby clash with them!!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 22:43:17 »

But his playing was in Power time.
The contract was under JedCo, it was coming to an end when Harry got his cameo, so running out of time to be able to say he actually played in the 1st team here. As I say, my understanding is that Agombar pere can be very persuasive when he sets his mind to it, a hard man to refuse you might say, It may well be that Harry's cameo was the quid pro quo for his relatively quiet exit. Thence to destroying Hereford. If Harry's cameo was part of an exit deal to get Agombars out of the club, then it may well have been a price worth paying, tinpot though it might have looked. Indeed it may well have been one of Power's better advised inteferences in first team selection. Assuming it was. All light-hearted speculation of course
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 23:24:58 »

I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject, Wobbly (an unfortunate name in the circumstances maybe.)

is a friend. Hopefully Jeremy will persuade them to pay some tax when PM in a few weeks.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 23:59:09 »

Bloody hell!

No disrespect to Chippenham at all but we are one season away from a potential derby clash with them!!

I don't really see what the problem is with playing Chippenham, or indeed Forest Gump Rovs. If they're good enough (or more likely we're poor enough), bring 'em on. Rather them than 'little' Fleetwood or some of the other unsustainable might-be league clubs like AFC Fylde.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #162 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 08:03:00 »

And we did too.

Yep I loved going to Aldershot back in the old days, the covered home and away end split down the middle, the trawler net behind the other goal, the locals aren't too unfriendly either in the great scheme of football fan rivalry.

My favourite memory of there was the Championship winning season under Macari in Div 4 a couple of days  after we got the draw at Mansfield to clinch the title, when their players formed a guard of honour on the pitch when we came out while the tannoy played Queens "We are the champions" it still sends chills down my spine as it was the clubs first ever title winning side in the league, we went on to win 4-2 that day with about 2,500 Town fans in a crowd of under 4k.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 08:14:38 »

I don't really see what the problem is with playing Chippenham, or indeed Forest Gump Rovs. If they're good enough (or more likely we're poor enough), bring 'em on. Rather them than 'little' Fleetwood or some of the other unsustainable might-be league clubs like AFC Fylde.

FGR are the ultimate example of an unsustainable might-be league club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 09:44:01 »

FGR are the ultimate example of an unsustainable might-be league club.
Eastleigh are in a similar situation, massive overspending for the crowds and income they have.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: