Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80889 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 12:26:08 »

http://www.11v11.com/matches/swindon-town-v-gateshead-09-december-2000-3474/

Does anyone remember Martin Williams?  I don't at all! Played 22 times and scored 3 goals apparently.

2 of them at Luton.

It was one of those seasons to bin, after the car crash of 99/00.

Hopes for a new start in Div 3 soon evaporated, T*dd realised the club was a mess and fucked off early doors. Kingy just about kept us up, but more because Rovers blew it.

In many ways things are worse when hopes and expectations are raised.... I recall having been on holiday somewhere foreign, picking up an English newspaper and finding we'd spent 350K on Gary Alexander and being quite impressed... after all T*dd could be considered a proper boss, he'd got Bolton up to the Prem, as a player he'd won the League a couple of times.

Little did I know. 

At least with Power and Luke, there's been no chance of having much in the way of hopes or expectations
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 12:34:12 »

T*dd realised the club was a mess and fucked off early doors.

He helped make it worse before he buggered off too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 13:27:18 »

http://www.11v11.com/matches/swindon-town-v-gateshead-09-december-2000-3474/

Does anyone remember Martin Williams?  I don't at all! Played 22 times and scored 3 goals apparently.

For some reason I recall him scoring an absolute belter of a goal away at Luton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 14:09:28 »

Newport have given themselves a chance of staying up, which gives the jitters to HPool, Cheltnum and Yeovil. Hpool going then would be best for us.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 14:18:01 »

I hope Newport stay up tbh
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 14:28:39 »

I hope Newport stay up tbh

They've plenty of problems on the horizon.  The egg ghasers who own Rodney Parade are fucked, so the WRU want to take them over and install a plastic pitch. County have a 10 year lease, but although a plastic pitch would be OK in the Conference not in the FL.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, April 17, 2017, 20:24:06 »

I want no L2 teams next season.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:52:14 »

So Donny, Pompey and Plymuff pass us in the other direction. Spireites confirmed along with Cov to join us next season.

The PO spot from Div 4 is interesting, I reckon Luton in 4th are in but then there's 9 clubs covered by 4 points as to who are going to be the other 3.

Lincoln pretty much home and hosed... with Tranny looking favourite to join them... but it's PO's so you never know.

Newport got stuffed by Plymuff, but Hpool defeat at Orient, truly terrible... could be they're fucked.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 14:56:28 »

We're not down yet reg
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:02:38 »

Hartlepool are the sort of team who won't be back if they plummet out of the Football League. I can see Lincoln and Tranmere doing well if they both go up, especially the latter.

Whatever happens, L2 doesn't have many stand outs and I include Swindon in that (if/when we are relegated). It won't be pretty.

Pah.

Crying
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:19:09 »

We're not down yet reg

Sadly I fear a lot of people on here will be having a Gareth Cheeseman moment when it is confirmed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:20:09 »

So Leyton Orient have gone.... so no away game there Boxing Day.  Amazingly Newport have dragged themselves out of the bottom 2... looks like the Monkey Hangers might go, a trip to Rodney Parade, has to be better than a trip to HPool.

Lincoln confirmed for next season. I'm hopeful Vale may join us.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 17:40:20 »

I hope Newport stay up as it's easy from my Brislington base, as is Cheltenham. Iit kills off a trip to Hartlepool (although I am up that way in September...)

Exeter staying in L2 would be good, I enjoy trips to Exeter.

Not been to Huish Park for Swindon either...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 17:44:54 »

I hope Newport stay up as it's easy from my Brislington base, as is Cheltenham. Iit kills off a trip to Hartlepool (although I am up that way in September...)

Exeter staying in L2 would be good, I enjoy trips to Exeter.

Not been to Huish Park for Swindon either...

Huish Park hasn't a great deal to commend it aside from a fascinating choice of A road routes from Swindon. Personally I rather not see Tranny, and if not FGR then Aldershot is a traditional Town fixture.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 17:46:30 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:06:06 »

Huish Park hasn't a great deal to commend it aside from a fascinating choice of A road routes from Swindon. Personally I rather not see Tranny, and if not FGR then Aldershot is a traditional Town fixture.

I've been to Huish Park, with Chippenham Town (0-0 draw).

FGR over Tranmere all day long. I can see Tranmere winning L2 next season (if they go up).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: