Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80869 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 19:47:40 »

Why the hell does everyone keep banging on about Fitton. We got relegated from this league under him with a team far more expensive, experienced and ill-disciplined. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but he achieved nothing of note off the pitch either? And sold to the money-men who allowed PDC to spunk a fortune before walking off into the sunset without a second's thought for our future?
PDC got results.  He was on course to bring Championship football to the CG.  Crawley spent way more than STFC in League 2 and Bournemouth spent way more in League 1.  Where are they now?  Premier League for Bournemouth and League 2 for Crawley - we'll be passing them on our way down to the Vanarama next season. 

Last time in League 2, gates were up at least 1,000 on what might have been expected, there were numerous extra cup games, the team was disciplined and organised and there was a buzz (perhaps I rashly failed to notice the anxiety-ridden fans whose financial literacy prevented them from joining in) 

Unless Power pulls a rabbit out of the hat, there will be no rebound promotion next year, not even an attempt.  He has truly fiddled while Rome burned this season. Give me bad management over no management anyday.  Power has fiddled while Rome burned and next season will see gates plummet, unlike the last relegation to League Two. 

Let's go down many tiers, have the players pay a weekly match fee for playing to cover costs and finally achieve the holy grail of sustainability.  Hell, we could form that team ourselves and go out for a beer or three the night before with no shame.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 21:09:20 »

Indeed not. We will be the only ex Prem club that's been relegated to Div 4 twice. We're ace...after all it is the 15th March  Smiley

Yes, I would hope that the club would push the boat out in a couple of years in terms of marking the 50th anniversary.

Not just on the day, but theme the match days around it for the whole season.

A Peter Noble day would be great with everyone rolling up sporting a comb over.

With a team of embryos for the last few years, when was the last time time we had a proper baldy play for us.
I'm thinking Paul Smith from the Iffy relegation year?
Smith's Jack & Phil more recently as well.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 21:27:25 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 22:13:57 »

Danny n'guessan

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 22:16:25 »

i remember el-abd was bald too because that was the number one criteria used to judge him as a 'no nonsense centre back' when he signed

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 22:42:30 »

Tommy Mooney was bald and good and Sam Parkin nearer to the end of his Town career was very strategic with his remaining hair...!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 21:53:10 »

Bit of a blip for Lincoln today.... Luke Garrard  Hmmm

Piss poor for Vale though, the Burslem boys might yet join us next season.

I see Cov have got an agreement to move out of the Ricoh, to a stadium that hosts Rugby League as well as a non league Cov side.  Don't think it will be for next season though.

Gateshead, have quietly slipped into the PO's. I recall when they went out of the league in 1960...but don't remember ever playing them.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 22:55:33 »

Didnt we play Gateshead in the FA Cup in the early 2000s?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 06:46:17 »

Didnt we play Gateshead in the FA Cup in the early 2000s?

Certainly did.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 07:32:39 »

Went to virtually every Gateshead home game for about 2 years when I lived in Newcastle, still got a scarf somewhere.

Haway the mighty Heeeeeed
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 08:52:32 »

I was thinking about when they were a league club.... but had forgotten about that cup game and we won 5-0. They must have been shite.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 11:29:45 »

I was thinking about when they were a league club.... but had forgotten about that cup game and we won 5-0. They must have been shite.

The current Gateshead aren't the same Gateshead as the old League side.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 11:36:36 »

The current Gateshead aren't the same Gateshead as the old League side.

Ah, like Bristol City and Bristol City 82 then?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 11:48:47 »

http://www.11v11.com/matches/swindon-town-v-gateshead-09-december-2000-3474/

Does anyone remember Martin Williams?  I don't at all! Played 22 times and scored 3 goals apparently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 12:03:31 »

http://www.11v11.com/matches/swindon-town-v-gateshead-09-december-2000-3474/

Does anyone remember Martin Williams?  I don't at all! Played 22 times and scored 3 goals apparently.

Nope, no recollection at all. Even looking him up was no help (signed from Reading, sold to Posh)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 12:15:46 »

Ah, like Bristol City and Bristol City 82 then?

No. Gateshead had a few years of being dormant before their reformation. Bristol City were permitted to continue their reign of terror.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: