Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80880 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:04:07 »

It's just about 6 years to the day, what's a few hours between friends, when I decided we were fucked and posted this.

I think most folk now accept we're as good as down, so who do you want departing L2, and who joining us from L1 and arriving from the Conference.

I'd like to see Chesterfield , Rotherham, Bury and Port Vale going up, Stockport and Bradford going down.

Joining us Rovers, Argyle and Daggers, with Crawley and Wimbledon promoted.

This would leave Wycombe, Gills, Crewe, Scum, Our Reserves, Cheltnum, Torquay, Stevenage, Cobblers, Lincoln, Accrington Stanley, Shots, Morecambe, Hereford, Macclesfield, Barnet and Burton.

A fairly southern based league, with Morecambe as a new ground along with Burton Albion boasting added on brewing theme.

Only Accy and Maccy as pointless norvern journeys. Crewe, the ex railway Towns proving that developing young players and selling them on gets you to Div 4.....Lincoln make a weekend of it and take the missus.

Plenty of localish games with Crawley for revenge, as we all now hate them, and AFC for a love in from the TEF Donghaters.

What's not to like?

A lot thought it was a wind or junk rather than a considered opinion.....

So FWIW.....

I think most folk now accept we're as good as down, so who do you want departing L2, and who joining us from L1 and arriving from the Conference.

I'd like to see Donny, Carlisle, Plymuff, ColU, going up, Orient and Crewe going down.

Joining us Cov, Chesterfield and Port Vale, with Lincoln and Forest Green promoted.

This would leave Newport, Wycombe, Exeter, Luton, Pompey, Mansfield, Grimsby, Cambridge, Blackpool, Yeovil, Crawley, HPool, Cheltnum, Stevenage, Accrington Stanley,  Morecambe, Barnet and Notts County

A fairly southern based league, with FGR as a new ground along with Grimsby boasting added fish theme.

Only Accy and HPool as pointless norvern journeys. Crewe, the ex railway Towns proving that developing young players and selling them on gets you to the Conference.....Lincoln make a weekend of it and take the missus.

Plenty of localish games with Crawley for revenge, as we all now hate them, and Cambridge for a love in from the TEF Power haters.

What's not to like?

BTW we were 2 points better off after 30 games in 10/11

cired45

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:35:02 »

Happy fucker you are, did you also foretell the ides of March, and could I get next week's lottery numbers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:35:30 »

I've not given up yet, despite the hopeless outlook.

Lincoln and FGR for sure coming up. Local and my sister lives near Lincoln. Orient staying up gives a good London p'up/washing up.

Donny and Carlisle + ? going up gets risd of pointless northern journeys.

Cov and Shrews go down.

Other than that don't care.
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:40:58 »

Happy fucker you are, did you also foretell the ides of March, and could I get next week's lottery numbers

I'm not sure even a young Reg would have been so optimistic as to predict our League Cup triumph...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:40:58 »

I've not given up yet, despite the hopeless outlook.

Lincoln and FGR for sure coming up. Local and my sister lives near Lincoln. Orient staying up gives a good London p'up/washing up.

Donny and Carlisle + ? going up gets risd of pointless northern journeys.

Cov and Shrews go down.

Other than that don't care.

If Orient stay up....we'll get them away Boxing Day.  Whereas if Newport stay up Boxing day there like in 80/81 is OK.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:43:50 »

Also not quite given up yet.

Let's see where we are after the next 7 games.

Have had a sneaky look at FGR on the football ground guide site though.

Barnet would be a new one and not been to Mansfield before.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:48:25 »

Also not quite given up yet.

Let's see where we are after the next 7 games.

Have had a sneaky look at FGR on the football ground guide site though.

Barnet would be a new one and not been to Mansfield before.

We played Mansfield as recently as 07....it feels like longer.  Certainly been a while since we went to the Abbey Stadium, 02 to be precise
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:58:22 »

Accrington, Morecambe, Crewe, Blackpool, Carlisle (my Carlisle supporting mate is convinced they will fuck it up) - get Barrow up from the National League it could be a north west heavy league next season - I could find myself getting to a few games...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:01:28 »

Accrington, Morecambe, Crewe, Blackpool, Carlisle (my Carlisle supporting mate is convinced they will fuck it up) - get Barrow up from the National League it could be a north west heavy league next season - I could find myself getting to a few games...

If we ended up with that, you could get a TEF touring party.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:05:56 »

Not sure I could stomach us fannying around at Hartlepool et al as yet another bunch of hairy-arsed L2 stalwarts out-muscle, out-run and out-fight us.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:15:19 »

Close this fucking bollocks thread down. It's miserable enough on here as it is.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:16:00 »

Reg is in his element right now

If we somehow manage to stay up this thread will quickly be deleted
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:16:15 »

As long as my 2 local teams, Yeovil and Excetera are still in L2 then I will be happy, be like 2 home games for me both within 25 miles or so of me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:17:52 »

Not sure I could stomach us fannying around at Hartlepool et al as yet another bunch of hairy-arsed L2 stalwarts out-muscle, out-run and out-fight us.

If it's novelty you want then the Conference sure has that in spades. Whereabouts do you think the current lot would finish in Div 4. We've played 2 Div 4 sides this season, drawing at Exeter and losing to Luton at the CG....throw in failure to beat mid table Conference Eastleigh and there's little to suggest we'd be anywhere near doing OK at that level with the sort of squad we've presently got.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:18:54 »

Jesus wept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: