Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80874 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 09:43:42 »

Dover got a stuffing, Ricky Shakes scored a hat-trick. They must be shite, so on that evdence unlikely to make through the PO's.  Newport have won the last 2, still a lot to do, but an outside chance of staying up.

Looking increasingly like it will come down to whether Vale can do anything with their games in hand, as to who joins us Spireites and Cov.

Would quite like it if the Gills got dragged down with us. Other than that I don't really care!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 11:14:45 »

Would quite like it if the Gills got dragged down with us. Other than that I don't really care!

They do look proper shit, but somehow manage to scrape the odd win, they'll probably only need a couple more. PV were our first ever game in Div 4, also Burslem is easier to get to than Medway.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 12:27:47 »

I'd rather gills stayed up as it's a fucking shit away day, horrible ground, horrible town and a bunch of horrible cunts that live there.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:32:52 »

It also means that us and Cov, assuming they're still going, will meet in Div 4 next season.... the only club we'll have met in all 4 Divs.

That's an interesting one, there cant be many fixtures at all that have taken place in all 4 divisions. Anyone know of any others ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:44:38 »

That's an interesting one, there cant be many fixtures at all that have taken place in all 4 divisions. Anyone know of any others ?

I think pre Prem, there would be a good few.  Post Prem, only us, Pompey and Bradford C, have visited Div 4, we never played either in the Prem and Pompey never played Bradford City.

Coventry played Bradford in the Pem but never in Div 4, so it could well be a post Prem first.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:48:54 »

It also means that us and Cov, assuming they're still going, will meet in Div 4 next season.... the only club we'll have met in all 4 Divs.

Probably sacrilege to say we've played Wimbledon in their various different guises in all 4 divisions as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 16:49:44 »

Blackpool, but they didn't play Pompey or cov in the prem..
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:03:38 »

Probably sacrilege to say we've played Wimbledon in their various different guises in all 4 divisions as well.

I'm a twat. We've never played them in the second tier.  Embarrassed

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:44:52 »

were definitely down players don't give a shit they will move on to other clubs so why will they care players are like mercenaries now and the rot has set in in the changing room as obviously Kasim and Hylton don't want to play and the three players last night not selected they will just be going through the motions until the end of the season and be surprised if we even get a point from our remaining games.

The club is rotten from the chairman and a manager that is out of his depth.

L2 will be more physical and if Power thinks he can go even cheaper next season with younger kids we will get absolutely crucified and probably relegated again.

I fear for our future and I only hope someone comes along like a Fitton to take us over an appoint a proper manager who has the nous to get us out of L2.

Power is a cunt and deserves all the shit coming his way but does he care - not a toss.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:52:22 »

I'm a twat. We've never played them in the second tier.  Embarrassed

Indeed not. We will be the only ex Prem club that's been relegated to Div 4 twice. We're ace...after all it is the 15th March  Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:56:57 »

were definitely down players don't give a shit they will move on to other clubs so why will they care players are like mercenaries now and the rot has set in in the changing room as obviously Kasim and Hylton don't want to play and the three players last night not selected they will just be going through the motions until the end of the season and be surprised if we even get a point from our remaining games.

The club is rotten from the chairman and a manager that is out of his depth.

L2 will be more physical and if Power thinks he can go even cheaper next season with younger kids we will get absolutely crucified and probably relegated again.

I fear for our future and I only hope someone comes along like a Fitton to take us over an appoint a proper manager who has the nous to get us out of L2.

Power is a cunt and deserves all the shit coming his way but does he care - not a toss.

Why the hell does everyone keep banging on about Fitton. We got relegated from this league under him with a team far more expensive, experienced and ill-disciplined. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but he achieved nothing of note off the pitch either? And sold to the money-men who allowed PDC to spunk a fortune before walking off into the sunset without a second's thought for our future?
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:05:13 »

But wasn't it a lot more fun.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:07:34 »

Fitton was only ever a minor shareholder I think, he was removed from his position and replaced by Wray (Black was always the financial clout).  Think he remained a shareholder for some time after stepping away from the club.  Both Fitton and Wray can join our illustrious line-up of not so good Chairmen and CEO's.  They both had a positive media persona, but both brought the club either to it's knees or failed to do anything to structurally improve the business for the long term.  Fitton can at least claim the season ticket concept, which was taken from Bradford but not quite as cheap, and that did manage to muster extra summer income for a few years.  However, the revenues have remained largely stagnant over each accounting year.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:09:49 »

But wasn't it a lot more fun.

Going down a year after the play off final was not fun.  Having the financial plug pulled so dramatically and showing up the craziness of our business model was not fun.  It has led us to where we are now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 18:10:03 »

Why the hell does everyone keep banging on about Fitton. We got relegated from this league under him with a team far more expensive, experienced and ill-disciplined. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but he achieved nothing of note off the pitch either? And sold to the money-men who allowed PDC to spunk a fortune before walking off into the sunset without a second's thought for our future?

Fitton was very good at PR, it does help. 

It's something that Power is particularly clueless at. I'll hark back to the close/pre-season.... there was nothing in the way of an open day, selfie autograph session, meet the players at an open training session, see how Luke puts out the cones, and Embers collects them. That sort of thing. A lot of fans love this shit.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: