Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 81845 times)
woolster

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 16:52:39 »

I was just getting over relegation but FGR's promotion has, surprisingly to me, sucked back in to 'sigh' mode.

For the record all of my negativity comes with the disclaimer that our future is dependent on what Lee Power and the new manager do in the next two months.
going on powers previous, I would say fuck all
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 16:54:26 »

I was just getting over relegation but FGR's promotion has, surprisingly to me, sucked back in to 'sigh' mode.

For the record all of my negativity comes with the disclaimer that our future is dependent on what Lee Power and the new manager do in the next two months.

Look on the bright side, we'll be able to have a Wilts/Glos/Somerset mini-league with Yeovil FGR and Cheltnum. Something beyond our wildest dreams say 20 years ago.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 17:07:10 »

Look on the bright side, we'll be able to have a Wilts/Glos/Somerset mini-league with Yeovil FGR and Cheltnum. Something beyond our wildest dreams say 20 years ago.

In 1997 you'd have most definitely been predicting a lot of Wilts/Glos/Somerset games as we were close to going out of business and matches versus Bristol Manor Farm, Westbury United and Minehead would have been likely.

I think I'd be happier now if I was a football fan in, say, AFC Wimbledon's current situation (having started at the bottom and climbed up to L1)  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 17:21:10 »

In 1997 you'd have most definitely been predicting a lot of Wilts/Glos/Somerset games as we were close to going out of business and matches versus Bristol Manor Farm, Westbury United and Minehead would have been likely.

I think I'd be happier now if I was a football fan in, say, AFC Wimbledon's current situation (having started at the bottom and climbed up to L1)  Smiley

I sometimes used to watch the A team, at the A ground in the early 60's.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/LeagueTable.asp?CompCode=WILTS&AuxiliaryTeam=A&Season=1962-1963

The standard wasn't great, bit like last season for the 1st team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 18:34:40 »

Luton and Exeter both 2-1 up at half time at Blackpool and Carlisle.  Not looking good for losing some more norvern types.

I'd like to keep Exeter though.

3-2 Blackpool.  3-3 Exeter.

Still a chance then to get rid of one of Blackpool or Carlisle.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 19:36:10 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 19:32:18 »

I don't, can't stand them as a club. They are a vehicle for the owner to build a retail park on the M5 (12 miles away from Forest Green) that I live near by and pedal his own beliefs with link ups with the likes of Greenpeace. Lost about £10 million over the last 4 or 5 years and add in Mark Cooper and they are a pretty horrible club.
I have been to a few FGR games over the last few years since living in Stroud. I wouldn't describe them as a horrible club, it's a decent enough ground, friendly family atmosphere. You might want to bring your own cows milk!

They have always done a half price ticket offer if you have a FL/PL season ticket so they get a fair few 2ND team supporters.

Will be interesting to see how they get on. Dale Vince is more the Stephen Lansdown type owner than our current incumbent

Sent from my HTC One M9
REDBUCK

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:16:38 »

At the moment they do. I'd be surprised if they actually exist in 10 years time though as once the owner has or or hasn't got the business park they will have served their purpose. They've got no real fanbase as shown by about 4K at Wembley today so would fall apart instantly.

Given our current trajectory we might get there first.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:27:14 »

He's probably right and history probably backs him up but still, what a cunt.

Too Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39917358
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #233 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:09:45 »

He's probably right and history probably backs him up but still, what a cunt.

Too Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39917358
He is a total blurt as they say in Norn Iron.
I don't like Cooper.
I don't like Vince.
I don't like the way he has as much as he can forced his veganism on supporters of the club and visitors from other clubs to it as it is down to the individual if they want to be vegan/veggie it should not be forced upon you.
I don't like their massive overspending on tiny sub 3k crowds but at least that will stop a bit next season when they are promoted as they have to follow FFP even if he does sponsor the club and can add funding he is playing with the big boys now and not 1 step up from park football as it has been until now.
I don't like a lot of their fans who think they have a God given right to be in the Football League.
I don't like the way that they are a forward thinking club who seem to be able to get permission for new stadiums very easily even if the next one is going to be built of wood, which seems to go against everything that the football stadium guidelines is apposed to.
I don't like the fact that we have to play them in the League next season.
I don't like that they will be playing next season in shrts made from recycled hemp and broccoli fibre(this could be a lie I don't care).
To sum it up I am not keen on them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:20:14 »

I have been to a few FGR games over the last few years since living in Stroud. I wouldn't describe them as a horrible club, it's a decent enough ground, friendly family atmosphere. You might want to bring your own cows milk!

They have always done a half price ticket offer if you have a FL/PL season ticket so they get a fair few 2ND team supporters.

Will be interesting to see how they get on. Dale Vince is more the Stephen Lansdown type owner than our current incumbent

Sent from my HTC One M9
Will have to agree to disagree, as I say you have to question the motives of anyone moving a club away from where they belong, especially when it part of some money making scheme for an individual.
At the moment Stroud council don't seem keen which is something.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:26:06 »

He is a total blurt as they say in Norn Iron.
I don't like Cooper.
I don't like Vince.
I don't like the way he has as much as he can forced his veganism on supporters of the club and visitors from other clubs to it as it is down to the individual if they want to be vegan/veggie it should not be forced upon you.
I don't like their massive overspending on tiny sub 3k crowds but at least that will stop a bit next season when they are promoted as they have to follow FFP even if he does sponsor the club and can add funding he is playing with the big boys now and not 1 step up from park football as it has been until now.
I don't like a lot of their fans who think they have a God given right to be in the Football League.
I don't like the way that they are a forward thinking club who seem to be able to get permission for new stadiums very easily even if the next one is going to be built of wood, which seems to go against everything that the football stadium guidelines is apposed to.
I don't like the fact that we have to play them in the League next season.
I don't like that they will be playing next season in shrts made from recycled hemp and broccoli fibre(this could be a lie I don't care).
To sum it up I am not keen on them.

Why do we seem to be surrounded by 'plucky little clubs' which the media wank themselves silly over believing the hype and not actually bothering to do any research?

Be interesting to see how the chairman reacts to being somewhat more in the limelight, sure he will love the importance and self serving coverage but not possibly the close scrutiny it will bring?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:28:04 »

Why do we seem to be surrounded by 'plucky little clubs' which the media wank themselves silly over believing the hype and not actually bothering to do any research?

Be interesting to see how the chairman reacts to being somewhat more in the limelight, sure he will love the importance and self serving coverage but not possibly the close scrutiny it will bring?
True that. I have a feeling he will milk the publicity over the next few months for all its worth raising their home average attendances by about 300 which equates to about 20% rise in average attendance Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:51:55 »

True that. I have a feeling he will milk the publicity
Surely not if he's a vegan?

..... I'll get me coat
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:55:27 »