Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 81665 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11:54:52 »

Wycombe

Is that "establishment" still going there? Surely not..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12:08:09 »

Wycombe's not too far from me actually. Same with Aldershot, would be good to have them both!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12:17:05 »

Walsall played a scratch team last night, yoofs and players out of position apparently.
a bit like us
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12:19:05 »

Wycombe's not too far from me actually. Same with Aldershot, would be good to have them both!
Is the White Hart still the place it was the last time we were there ?, nudge, nudge,  that's assuming it's still there !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:03:55 »

a bit like us

Smiley

Tbf if the Saddlers did put out a weakened team then it's a bit naughty.  Fair enough like us and Charlton on Saturday, but games with meaning should be given respect.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:05:42 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:18:56 »

can't remember, when we rested some for the playoff humiliation did we play mid table teams?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:27:28 »

can't remember, when we rested some for the playoff humiliation did we play mid table teams?

No. It was mainly Preston away and last game at home v Orient so we might have upset other teams at both ends of the table.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:33:27 »

No. It was mainly Preston away and last game at home v Orient so we might have upset other teams at both ends of the table.

I'll never forget watching Francesco Becchetti's anger and confusion over a couple of Town fans chanting 'Going Down' at Orient supporters while we were 0-2 down. He was angrily shouting something along the lines of  "but we are winning!" in response to this.

FT: 2-2 and Harry Agombar featured for an hour.

Seems like a long time ago now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:41:48 »

I'll never forget watching Francesco Becchetti's anger and confusion over a couple of Town fans chanting 'Going Down' at Orient supporters while we were 0-2 down. He was angrily shouting something along the lines of  "but we are winning!" in response to this.

Seems like a long time ago now.

Oddly I was thinking about that game earlier.... I would suggest that the presence of one H Agombar on the pitch, in a game which still had consequences for Orient and other sides, was the first real sign that the club was not being run properly. It has been downhill since... doing an Orient is very much on the cards.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 15:36:42 »

Yep, that Agombar signing stunk
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 16:06:31 »

Yep, that Agombar signing stunk
tbf, don't think that was Power, so much as a hangover from the JedCo era - Tommy Agombar was brought in as an investor (or frontman for other investor(s)) when JedCo were desperate for dosh and then proved a little difficult to shift. He apparently could be quite persuasive when he had a mind to be Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 17:09:31 »

tbf, don't think that was Power, so much as a hangover from the JedCo era - Tommy Agombar was brought in as an investor (or frontman for other investor(s)) when JedCo were desperate for dosh and then proved a little difficult to shift. He apparently could be quite persuasive when he had a mind to be Smiley

But his playing was in Power time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 17:18:15 »

Suspect Lincoln will be strong next year, what with their FA cup 'giant killings' this season
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 17:27:42 »

Possibly the darkest chapter in the Club's history. It was bad enough that he was given a contract in the first place, let alone given a start in that game.  I seem to remember Cooper letting on afterwards that he had been 'leant on'.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:14:04 »

To have actually seen Agombar play carries some weird pride with me though, it was so fucked up. It's a bit like how I bet Darlington fans tell that anecdote about the worms to everybody.

The nearest game for me will be Newport if they make it. I'm super enthusiastic about going back there.  Suicide

It's Bar 95 at the White Horse in Wycombe btw and afaik it's still open.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: