Poll
Question: Is Sherwoord the biggest bottler in the history of football? Discuss
Yes he should man up and take the team - 18 (31%)
Yes but he should just fuck off - 22 (37.9%)
No but he should fuck off anyway - 6 (10.3%)
and take his fucking "gilets" with him - 12 (20.7%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Sherwood the biggest bottler in the history of football? Discuss  (Read 17891 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:00:57 »

I never thought I'd yearn for the days of Mark Cooper, but God, do we need a manager. Someone to take charge and take some responsibility.
Meh... Cooper was clueless as well and was happy to blame anybody accept himself. It's become apparent that the players he and therefore Williams had available flattered to deceive on their ability to manage and coach. We've pretty much had 4 years without a manager capabale of mixing things up and having a basic grasp on game management including when to make subs etc.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:07:53 »

Meh... Cooper was clueless as well and was happy to blame anybody accept himself.
I agree and for me this was a major concern with his management, he never ever took the blame, fucking hell he even blamed the fans for one defeat saying the negative atmosphere made us not play to our potential....Williams is on par and I wouldn't want Cooper back ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:14:18 »

Williams is on par and I wouldn't want Cooper back ever.

Amen to that
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:19:25 »

Cooper's final match at Millwall still haunts me to this day....right up there with the worse town performances I have witnessed yet we somehow escaped without a hammering.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:25:23 »

Cooper's final match at Millwall still haunts me to this day....right up there with the worse town performances I have witnessed yet we somehow escaped without a hammering.

The chink of light I have is that he at least gave Cooper the boot. I'm assuming Power was at the game today so seeing as it was blindingly obvious to everyone else in the stadium that Williams was utterly clueless then Power must have seen it as well.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:47:13 »

We can only pray.

It's been mentioned about Power not wanting to pay up a 5 year deal....surely someone as shrewd as him would have all manner of get out clauses to avoid that situation? I'd be amazed if not but I just cannot understand how Williams remains in a job.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:50:43 »

It's been mentioned about Power not wanting to pay up a 5 year deal....surely someone as shrewd as him would have all manner of get out clauses to avoid that situation? I'd be amazed if not but I just cannot understand how Williams remains in a job.
This is what I was thinking, there is no way Power would not have an escape clause in Williams contract, its just not his way of doing things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:05:39 »

This is what I was thinking, there is no way Power would not have an escape clause in Williams contract, its just not his way of doing things.

Had Luke been put out of his misery in October, when it was fairly obvious the present situation was likely to unfold, then I think a proper manager could have come in and Luke returned to his coaching position without a problem. Now though, it's too late, it's a shame but the fella has lost all credibilty with the fans.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:18:02 »

I doubt we'd have to pay up anymore than a year of LW's contract if we were to sack him. LP paid Ling's contract up until the end even though he wasn't obliged to. Makes me think there's more to it than just simply getting rid of LW as it's quite obvious to all that it should have been done some time ago.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:20:52 »

I doubt we'd have to pay up anymore than a year of LW's contract if we were to sack him. LP paid Ling's contract up until the end even though he wasn't obliged to. Makes me think there's more to it than just simply getting rid of LW as it's quite obvious to all that it should have been done some time ago.
Very different circumstances though

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:23:13 »

Probably the most pointless appointment I can remember. Was clearly done to appease the fans and it hasn't worked. What exactly does this bloke do? Those Chelsea lads brought in, for instance, will have had fuck all to do with him. His money would be better spent on a decent footballer for the team.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:37:50 »

that's directly apposed to what power said, he said all the signings in Jan were Sherwood - including the Chelsea trio

it's worse than pointless, he's got another load of lightweight kids who were not what we needed, and a player whose type we did need but who has been left out the squad.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:39:29 »

that's directly apposed to what power said, he said all the signings in Jan were Sherwood - including the Chelsea trio
Yeah, Power says a lot of things. Like that he doesn't know about the debts, "ask the accountants". Yeah, right.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:43:00 »

I have a sneaky suspicion that pauld is not very happy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:44:15 »

Jimmy Fraser and Ian Howell both at Chelsea are previous coaches at Swindon and are pally with Jeremy Newton. Also Adi viveash is there too. Would have got those lads regardless of Sherwood in my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: