Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town V yellow satan piss stains  (Read 64975 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:30:42 »

Maybe Power doesn't know who picks the team, maybe it's another thing he leaves up to his accountant/Steve Anderson/some other flunky to sort out
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:45:29 »

Did anybody else pick up on how quickly after the game LW gave his post match interview? Couldn't have been much longer than 10 minutes after full time. If that game didn't need an hours lock in after it I don't know what would.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 17:48:03 »

Did anybody else pick up on how quickly after the game LW gave his post match interview? Couldn't have been much longer than 10 minutes after full time. If that game didn't need an hours lock in after it I don't know what would.

Indeed. The lock in seems to be a lost art amongst managers these days. Paolo was a master at it and even the sometimes absently minded post-leaner Danny Wilson was partial to handing out a post-match rollocking.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:30:05 »

He has an impact. He trains the players, he makes the decisions during games and he does the team talks. It's not pointless to sack him, it's fucking imperative.

This. Summed up that we haven't been able to defend since he's been here, last season we were reliant on Ajose scoring to win 4-3, 4-2 etc. Even the season we lost in the playoff final, we shipped a lot of goals.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 18:57:31 »

This. Summed up that we haven't been able to defend since he's been here, last season we were reliant on Ajose scoring to win 4-3, 4-2 etc. Even the season we lost in the playoff final, we shipped a lot of goals.
TBF you also need to lay the blame on the players. Surely they know things are going wrong and shouldn't just be dependent on the management team  (who of course are useless)

Sent from my SM-G935F
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 19:02:07 »

Maybe Power doesn't know who picks the team, maybe it's another thing he leaves up to his accountant/Steve Anderson/some other flunky to sort out
Does this Steve Anderson fellow actually exist?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 19:04:12 »

Does this Steve Anderson fellow actually exist?

That's one for Steve Ande..

Oh, never mind.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 19:38:34 »

TBF you also need to lay the blame on the players. Surely they know things are going wrong and shouldn't just be dependent on the management team  (who of course are useless)

True, but it's been different players (what with our revolving door policy) and still we have leaked goals consistently. Of course players are partly responsible, but when it's consistent with different players, the management team needs to take a big look at themselves.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 20:49:32 »

If Rohan Ince was left out due to match fitness i dread to think how unfit he is!

Brainless decision to leave him out as one of the extra loans, that midfield yesterday was a fucking joke.
Has a reason been given for why he didn't play?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 20:54:31 »

Has a reason been given for why he didn't play?

Yes. Williams felt none of the team deserved to be dropped to accommodate him.

I know, you couldn't make this shit up.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #355 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 21:14:35 »

Really?

Wow!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #356 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 21:18:58 »

Both Chalky White and Dave Hockaday have called the lack of fitness in recent weeks, players with 1000 games of football between them.

Interesting that the new Hull manager has gone down the Paolo route and had them training every day and repeating the drills and drills. Hey ho, suddenly they stop making errors and they pick up results.

Our approach seems haphazard by comparison. Players get injured and then brought back quickly. Chopping and changing the team doesn't help the fitness and performance levels. Williams seems weary by the whole situation and you doubt whether he has the energy and enthusiasm to turn it around.

Sent from my HTC One M9
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 21:19:31 »

Although, before the match, BBC Wilts reported it was due to not being match fit!?

I suppose you'd have to go with what Williams said post match - proving that it is possible to hammer a nail into your own coffin.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 21:44:38 »

Hockaday and Chalkie are spot on with what they say about fitness, it is and has been a concern for a while. Would explain lapses in concentration perfectly, as it goes with fitness.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 21:55:55 »

Being fit wouldn't of itself keep us up but it's an absolute minimum requirement, not met.

To think we briefly rose from the swamps to restore the "natural order" for just one game not so long ago.

If Power is too proud to do it and Williams too weak, then Sweet Jesus, in the name of all that is good and righteous, smite even those of our own who doth make us shit and let us (miraculously) finish 5th from bottom.

And if I can have one more prayer answered, then let it be to finish one place above the Pox.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: