Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town V yellow satan piss stains  (Read 66565 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:05:40 »

Just what is wrong with Obika?

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:06:30 »

Just what is wrong with Obika?

Hamstring apparently

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15070032.Town_coach_says_that_Obika_s_commitment_is_unquestionable/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:12:33 »

Credit to all of you that still attend.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:25:11 »

Power fucked it up I'm gonna give him a chance to unfuck it so I will be there next week and the week after even if we get relegated. SWINDON TILL I DIE. I stand by those words. And I started off as a day tripper to Wembley. Quite ironic that

Sent from my iPhone
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:29:23 »

shit... didn't realise.. bury, Northampton and Oldham are not the three games you want after two derby defeats and a flat and resigned fanbase.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:35:54 »

Power fucked it up I'm gonna give him a chance to unfuck it so I will be there next week and the week after even if we get relegated. SWINDON TILL I DIE. I stand by those words. And I started off as a day tripper to Wembley. Quite ironic that
I wish I still had your enthusiasm. I'll be there out of duty to my lads. otherwise I'd be questioning a st.

there are plenty out there who are very much 'through thick or thin/support whatever'... fair play to them.

all I will say is sometimes when you get older at some point you wonder what the point is. you don't see that day coming, one day you want to meet the tripe on display with defiance, to scream louder, to say fuck it to the world. the next thing you are suddenly indifferent to it all. it hurts, but not in the same way...

it's not just me, even stfc_gazza is feeling it. he was uber passionate last time I saw him..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:41:28 »

There's nothing in our position that say 4 wins in a row couldn't put right.
You may as well have said there's nothing wrong that a 4-headed unicorn couldn't put right.
Flashheart

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:46:38 »

Just got back home.

Eugh!

Think I'll just log off and bang the misses.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:49:01 »

shit... didn't realise.. bury, Northampton and Oldham are not the three games you want after two derby defeats and a flat and resigned fanbase.
Doesn't matter which 3 teams we play next does it. If we had 3 non league teams you'd still fancy 3 defeats. I can't see this team winning another game. We go a goal down Williams says heads drop. We go a goal up they don't know how to cope. By next weekend we could be second bottom. We are totally fucked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:49:06 »

Quote from: Flashheart
Just got back home.

Eugh!

Think I'll just log off and bang the misses.

Smiley Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 21:52:15 »

Quote from: chalkies_shorts
Doesn't matter which 3 teams we play next does it. If we had 3 non league teams you'd still fancy 3 defeats. I can't see this team winning another game. We go a goal down Williams says heads drop. We go a goal up they don't know how to cope. By next weekend we could be second bottom. We are totally fucked.

I refuse to totally give up.

saw an interesting probability graph that have us a 40% ish chance of staying up. a fit obika, an ince that lives up to his billing and things may be different.

is it wrong to hope one of our loan midfielders does a hamstring to force the issue?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 22:01:07 »

I refuse to totally give up.

saw an interesting probability graph that have us a 40% ish chance of staying up. a fit obika, an ince that lives up to his billing and things may be different.

is it wrong to hope one of our loan midfielders does a hamstring to force the issue?
Colkett has been total wank the 3 games I've seen him in. Gladwin no better but I do rate him. I still don't fucking understand how you can bring on a useless cunt like Thomas but not have Smith on the bench as an option. I gave up all hope a few games ago. Stupidly i got myself excited for this one. That won't happen again. I will still attend home games but I won't clap or cheer even when we score. I will sit there arms folded for the 90. If I had the money I would tell every player and every member of coaching staff to fuck off and start all over. 
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 22:02:46 »

Did Thomas contribute anything apart from virtually tripping over the ball when it came towards him?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 22:03:04 »

gladwin has great qualities, but not in a midfield like that during a relegation battle. tracking, hard work not his strong point.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 22:12:31 »

Lots of sound points I agree with - Venks, Costanza, aroundthefur for example from the last couple of pages.  So my turn and right, let's try to do this without getting sweary or too ranty.

The real shaking, anger rage stuff for me was the last home game, lining up with Kasim, Colkett, Gladein and Goddard in midfield: all dandy and fine individually,  but utterly ill suited to the rigours of playing together to win a professional game of football.  You simply cannot play four wannabe no.10s.  One of those luxury lightweights or two at most, if it's one up top - supplemented by a gnarly artisan or three.  If that wasn't blindingly obvious after the say, Eastleigh game, then I despair.  And boy, do I despair,

So it was hope rather than expectation that took me over the roundabout at Honda, when I heard the team and my head said turn the heck round and go home.  And if we don't have some hope, then what's left?  So yes, we are playing three of those, it is hard to see how the hell we're stronger after the window, but you never know...

And for half an hour we did play as well as we have in a long while - let's be fair in giving praise for creating genuine opportunities, playing with pace, verve and enthusiasm, thoroughly deserving of being in front, and putting our mid table visitors on the back foot. However, we didn't exploit a number of promising situations with desperate defending or poor decision keeping the score down.  But, fine margins and all that - for me the momentum changed in a breathless spell before half time - there were a couple of fantastic end to end passages of play, with both teams giving everything toe to toe.  The glorious chance then came, it was ours, and miserably fluffed by Colkett, it felt as good as a goal to them., smack on half time.

Tactically they had our number in September, and today again, we had no response to their change.  Even so, they went gung ho early and once more we missed numerous chances to play a killer ball to set Ajose free.  Norris, fantastic in the first half, didn't win another ball. Our midfield was utterly over-run, and it was bizarre, frustrating and fateful that no changes were made.  Lamentably, even whilst winning we lost semblance of shape and control - Jones losing the ball 20 yards out of position on the half way line was the source of the first goal, then Kasim doing likewise from our advantage for the second.  In professional football terms, this is criminal.  There are a million aspects of being a great coach and whilst I'll be the last one standing to defend our high risk purity, I also demand that we are disciplined, resolute and defensively capable.

Conor Thomas having about three goes at tieing his sodding laces up two minutes after coming on, whilst we were defending, sums up this miserable shambles.

Reality bites hard - we bring about 15 players in during January, and still have to bring Thomas and Hylton on.  We have changed nothing in developing a more robust, aggressive style relevant to winning professional games of football.  We capitulate, mentally and physically under pressure because we didn't expect to be winning, or it was too noisy or we're still learning or because we forgot that we were supposed to 'go again' or because that's just what we do.

And yeah, just what I do is think, I might well go to Bury.  You know I could drop Colkett, Gladwin and Feruz off somewhere and pick up Tom Smith and Rohan Ince.  I just hope there aren't too many roundabouts on the way.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: