Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Valiants v Town match day thread  (Read 38064 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 19:05:17 »

Not pissing money away is the ONLY silver lining for this dogshit season.
You've pissed enough away in the County  Pint Pint

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 20:45:03 »

Yeah but at least they are buying experienced players not bits of kids , & they are taking a gamble town aren't !! .

Everything everyone has said about Bury seems to be going straight over your head   Roll Eyes
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 20:56:26 »

We don't actually know this but people keep quoting it as fact on the basis of the "5 year contract" quote. But then Pardew had an 8 year contract that turned out to be actually just a rolling 1 year contract. I'd imagine Power's done similar so as to cap any payout, but publicly call it a 5 year deal to publicly express his confidence in his manager and (although this sounds laughable now, he was still apparently well thought of when the contract was announced) either scare off any other club wanting to come in and poach him or at least try to ensure they'd come prepared to offer decent compensation for his contract. I think it's pride, not money, that keeps him here, on both sides of the bargain.
I think in a fairly recent interview, Williams said that the 5 year deal includes his time as a coach pre Head Coach announcement. Apologies if I've misunderstood this.

Like you say, it's pretty much down to pride. After the recent 'not a quitter' comments, he won't go until we're officially down.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 23:32:44 »

Nicky has been a decent player for us in all his spells, so I'm not going to criticise him for supporting Luke.
I'd go further than that, I think his comments reflect well on Ajose, fair play to him. Does nothing to change my opinion of Williams, tbf, but put Ajose up a notch or two. I'm sure he'll sleep more soundly knowing that Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: