Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80913 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 19:06:40 »

I only caught the end of the broadcast but got to say what a dim witted load of fans they selected to ask questions, hand-picked by the twat in chief Hodgetts. 
Touch of shooting the messenger? Maybe they just put on air the ones who rang in? Might not have been any selection going on? And if you didn't like what they had to say, it was always open to you to ring on and provide some much-needed intellectual ballast Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 20:04:09 »

Maybe they just put on air the ones who rang in?

Madness!
Flashheart

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 20:26:21 »

I'm far more concerned about Wellens' saying he doesn't like cheese.

Is that even legal?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 21:38:23 »

Touch of shooting the messenger? Maybe they just put on air the ones who rang in? Might not have been any selection going on? And if you didn't like what they had to say, it was always open to you to ring on and provide some much-needed intellectual ballast Smiley
They had some who phone in, some on twitter and some who e-mailed.  They tend to ring back the ones they want, and I was too late to ring sd I was oout trying to ferry some older people home through the snow -I must have missed you!!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 23:07:22 »

Is that even legal?

A scientific study including a group who like cheese  and a group who do not was conducted in France in 2016.  The results were published online on the Frontiers in Human Neuroscience website.

"The researchers then observed that the ventral pallidum, a small structure usually activated in people who are hungry, was totally inactive while the smell and image of cheese was being presented to individuals with an aversion to cheese, whereas it was activated for all other food types. Even more surprisingly, the researchers observed that areas of the brain, the globus pallidus and the substantia nigra, which participate in the reward circuit (activated when we love something), were more involved in people who do not like cheese than in those who do. These structures, typically involved in processing reward, may therefore also be triggered in response to an aversive stimulus. To explain this dual nature, the researchers suggest that these regions include two types of neurons with complementary activity: one related to the rewarding aspect of a food, the other to its aversive nature."
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 00:09:05 »

Is that even legal?
Vegan (ish) ?
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 08:44:56 »

They had some who phone in, some on twitter and some who e-mailed.  They tend to ring back the ones they want, and I was too late to ring sd I was oout trying to ferry some older people home through the snow -I must have missed you!!

Audrey(?) must have been lying then when he said his calls were just put through without being vetted whatsoever?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 08:53:38 »

Vegan (ish) ?
Wow now, we don't lump that maniac with us

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 11:43:19 »

Audrey(?) must have been lying then when he said his calls were just put through without being vetted whatsoever?
Can only state my experience. I’ve phoned in 3 times, twice they never asked what my question was and the other time I was in Power Out mode and venting and they still put me through.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 11:44:16 »

Wellens no longer has my full backing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 17:45:45 »

Wellens no longer has my full backing.

Based on the French research, even the most delicate Roquefort, the "King of Cheeses" expertly crafted from sheep's milk Shaun is not going to change his mind,.......... unless it's on a pizza Chef.

But, that begs the question, cheese on a pizza probably mozzarella-like processed cheeses and mozzarella variants, is still a form of cheese, but does that count. Is "Franken-Cheese" Foot In Mouth a legitimate choice?
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 18:04:12 by Crozzer » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 18:52:47 »

Can only state my experience. I’ve phoned in 3 times, twice they never asked what my question was and the other time I was in Power Out mode and venting and they still put me through.
I have e-mailed in the past, got one acknowldegment that they may use it, but never did.  I do tend to ask the sort of question that Hodgetts SHOULD be asking, that may be the reason I am never chosen!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 05:48:29 »

What is all of this rhetoric against Hodgetts?  He's a radio presenter for god sake..  Why blame Hodgetts because he works for the BBC and they have the contract with the EFL..

I see the usual twitter army going for him as well.  It's come to a new low when we are blaming the local sports radio presenter for things that we feel are wrong with the club..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 07:48:15 »

Yes if we could all stick to blaming Power for everything wrong with the club, that would be great, thanks Wink .

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 21:23:43 »

What is all of this rhetoric against Hodgetts?  He's a radio presenter for god sake..  Why blame Hodgetts because he works for the BBC and they have the contract with the EFL..

I see the usual twitter army going for him as well.  It's come to a new low when we are blaming the local sports radio presenter for things that we feel are wrong with the club..
Shaun Hodgetts has always kept a nice little sideline in hosting club events at the County Ground. I am sure he favours not upsetting the apple cart to keep those cosy club events going.

As Lee Power played for Norwich, Shaun is pretty close to a Wiltshire version of Alan Partridge. My favourite is when he interviews young supporters and asks 'Name, age, what school do you go to and no swearing you're live on the radio'.

Sent from my HTC U11
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: