Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80932 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:03:33 »

He did say he owns the training ground, so he can hardly keep playing "the club is better off" card on that. Which is fine while he's still here but then ..

From what has been said previously, when he leaves it would be sold to the new owner of the club, at present it's on a long-term peppercorn lease as the club could never have raised the funds to buy the land and set up the training ground, he is only able to do it as he is using the rest of the land for his own purposes.

We won't know what will happen until it does but I can't see him wanting to keep the land and screw over the club BUT Kassam is doing it to Oxford (500k a year rent on their ground).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:12:36 »

Did I catch it right, that Williams does in fact pick the team after all?
Did the question about having to play loan players contractually/financially get asked.
He did say he owns the training ground, so he can hardly keep playing "the club is better off" card on that. Which is fine while he's still here but then ..

From what I heard Power answered quite competently, but without saying much.
---------
Oh and GG its not subjective about the 'abundance of quality', the league table is qualification there isn't much. Whether Ince and Ajose turn that around we shall see,fair to middling chance
-----

So in summary, from what I heard, not much learned, no insight into how long term recruitment, communication or any other issues will be resolved.

My opinion on Sherwood diminishes by the day...

You've gone a bit KR/FB there. so I'll just start with what is "long term recruitment" in L1? Or your expectations of it? As in the current way the world is, I sure as hell can't see a footballer getting a gold watch these days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:25:24 »

You've gone a bit KR/FB there. so I'll just start with what is "long term recruitment" in L1? Or your expectations of it? As in the current way the world is, I sure as hell can't see a footballer getting a gold watch these days.

I was ambiguous/unclear. I meant the recruitment in the summer - as in whether the long term approach to recruitment is to change to break the cycle of crap signings in September, bail out in January.

Sounds like he's going to keep doing as we do and hope that Sherwood (or whoever) gets it right next time.

I was hoping to see it tweaked a bit from academy rejects and hopeless cases. That said, I can see why he went for Murray - it just didn't work out.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:52:51 »

Play him alongside Ince and I would think he would shine, when he is the only defensive midfielder he seems out of his depth but he has played over 100 games in this league and before an injury, was set to join Liverpool so can't be that bad as some fans make him out to be

I was taking the piss. I dont think ive ever seen him make a tackle. Awful
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 23:15:16 »

I was taking the piss. I dont think ive ever seen him make a tackle. Awful

He hasn't played that badly when he has played in defence, who knows if he will get a chance with Ince now in midfield, maybe one of those who we try and get rid of at the end of the season (but he is on a 2 year I think).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 23:24:28 »

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #201 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 23:33:17 »

I've read through the thread but has anyone got a good summary of the q&a?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 23:49:16 »

I've read through the thread but has anyone got a good summary of the q&a?

https://twitter.com/AdverSport
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 01:52:28 »

Want to see my ticket stubs? I don't get there as much as I would like too but yes I still go  Roll Eyes

Let me tell you Gareth, this is right up there amongst the worst sides in our history, which fair enough Power has recognised and has tried to do something about it.

Looks like a sticking plaster job to me, but let's see. The big game on our horizon is at Gigg Lane a week today....I worry about James Vaughan, 7 goals in 3 games, more than out frontmen have scored all season....hopefully he'll have blown out his hot spell by next Sat.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 04:33:44 »

thank you

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 09:13:55 »

Didn't get chance to listen last night but have read through. Was there any mention of Caddis or the experienced guy from Blackburn ghat Sherwood was 'rumoured' to have mentioned. Also I saw there is no release clause for Vigs but did LP confirm if the Scousers have a sell on clause (I'm assuming they do)?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 09:20:15 »

. Was there any mention of Caddis

Yes there was.

Reply to the effect "Caddis is a great player, but wages at Birmingham would have been high and he's probably got other options...if he were available to us we'd look at him"

Much as you'd expect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 09:22:35 »

Quote from: adverTwitter
Power says that Luke Williams does have more of a part in picking #stfc line-ups than earlier suggested #powerhour

Thought I heard that.

We are lumbered with him aren't we.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 09:33:21 »

Yes there was.

Reply to the effect "Caddis is a great player, but wages at Birmingham would have been high and he's probably got other options...if he were available to us we'd look at him"

Much as you'd expect.

Cheers Batch.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 10:51:41 »

Having a listen to it now, if you haven't heard it and want to catch up here is the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rjh2w

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: