Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80935 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:01:09 »

Either way, is that loophole still open?

I would guess so as the player is officially without a club, Caddis is the same at the moment
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:05:05 »

Seems you can convert an existing loan player to a permanent transfer outside of the transfer window, which relates to the transfer of the players registration.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #182 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:08:42 »

Must have missed any Qs abput why LW hasn't been sacked or at what stage results would impact on his continued employment?

Was it because Power mucked up the recruitment?

Was the "hopefully" comment in passing posted earlier in regard to our continued League One status really promising enough to dispel LWs goldplated status?  There seems to be a holy trinity of unaccountability.

Pretty certain Power said numerous times there that this was his fault and that the buck stops with him.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:12:28 »

I think what might be needed is some sort of interview where he explains what he has learned and how it will be different next time, set some expectations, then for the same outlet to follow-up part way through the next window.
Flashheart

« Reply #184 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:15:55 »

I think what might be needed is some sort of interview where he explains what he has learned and how it will be different next time, set some expectations, then for the same outlet to follow-up part way through the next window.

The question (or similar) was asked but he went off on a tangent about budgets. I don't think it was necessarily a deliberate ploy to avoid it, rather he just misread it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:16:01 »

Either way, is that loophole still open?

I didn't think it was, hence why Joey Barton couldn't sign for Burnley until January even though his contract had been cancelled by Rangers.

Don't know if that's just in the Premier League though
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:17:32 »

I didn't think it was, hence why Joey Barton couldn't sign for Burnley until January even though his contract had been cancelled by Rangers.

Don't know if that's just in the Premier League though

It doesn't matter, provided we have the players registration by having them on loan, we can convert them to permanent (obviously with the selling clubs consent!)
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:18:03 »

I thought it was interesting to hear LP accept that the loss of corporate seating is an issue, which together with his comments about the Eady Trust and the Council made me feel a bit hopeful that he could be starting to think about doing up the CG, which he had previously said was not a priority

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 20:46:41 »

What situation?
The situation of having 7 loan players but only being able to field 5 of them in the squad which was the situation under discussion:
Interesting when questioned on the amount of loans he slipped in that one or two of them could be made permanent allowing all the loan players into the match day squad.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:22:12 »

The situation of having 7 loan players but only being able to field 5 of them in the squad which was the situation under discussion:

Coventry, Rovers and a few others have the same "situation" as us and have done all season, I would say it's a positive as we have an abundance of quality players who we can change if we need e.g. play Gladwin one game, play Colkett the next.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:24:02 »

Coventry, Rovers and a few others have the same "situation" as us and have done all season, I would say it's a positive as we have an abundance of quality players who we can change if we need e.g. play Gladwin one game, play Colkett the next.

Do you actually go to games?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:32:12 »

I think Conor Thomas is the lynchpin our midfield desperately needs.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:40:06 »

Do you actually go to games?

Want to see my ticket stubs? I don't get there as much as I would like too but yes I still go  Roll Eyes

It's subjective but we do have quite a few quality players but they just haven't performed this year, we have ripped the hell out of teams when they want too but too often we lay back and let the opposition do one over us.

Thompson, obika, Kasim, JSW (injured), Vigs, Brophy, Goddard, are all quality players but due to injuries and other factors just not shown that enough.

Ajose, Colkett, Gladwin, Ince & Dabo are all extra quality we have added to that list

We should be mid-table but have been let down by piss poor performances and dodgy tactics, we should be mid table with this team which hopefully they can put a few good performances in and score a few more goals, we shouldn't be fighting relegation.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:41:49 »

I think Conor Thomas is the lynchpin our midfield desperately needs.

Play him alongside Ince and I would think he would shine, when he is the only defensive midfielder he seems out of his depth but he has played over 100 games in this league and before an injury, was set to join Liverpool so can't be that bad as some fans make him out to be
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 21:55:34 »

Did I catch it right, that Williams does in fact pick the team after all?
Did the question about having to play loan players contractually/financially get asked.
He did say he owns the training ground, so he can hardly keep playing "the club is better off" card on that. Which is fine while he's still here but then ..

From what I heard Power answered quite competently, but without saying much.
---------
Oh and GG its not subjective about the 'abundance of quality', the league table is qualification there isn't much. Whether Ince and Ajose turn that around we shall see,fair to middling chance
-----

So in summary, from what I heard, not much learned, no insight into how long term recruitment, communication or any other issues will be resolved.

My opinion on Sherwood diminishes by the day...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: