Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80939 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:58:23 »

I wonder if anyone will call in with anything positive? Knowing our fans, probably not.

We have signed some good players in the transfer window - that surely has to be a credit to those in charge.

I think that you are right Sippo. It was clear that this team was sliding into the League 2 abyss and TS and LP have addressed that by bringing in a total of 9 players, as well as keeping Vigs. Yes 7 of them are loans, but the Chelsea lads aren't on their books for a laugh. Getting Gladwin and Ajose back is great business and the team has been lacking bite and goals and so Ince and Ajose should being this. We have also taken a couple of punts on Conroy and Starkey so I don't think we can say we have done nothing.

On paper, we should have enough to be in league 1 next year. Hopefully we can and Tactics and Lee can flex some muscle in the summer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 11:26:36 »

I think that you are right Sippo. It was clear that this team was sliding into the League 2 abyss and TS and LP have addressed that by bringing in a total of 9 players, as well as keeping Vigs. Yes 7 of them are loans, but the Chelsea lads aren't on their books for a laugh. Getting Gladwin and Ajose back is great business and the team has been lacking bite and goals and so Ince and Ajose should being this. We have also taken a couple of punts on Conroy and Starkey so I don't think we can say we have done nothing.

On paper, we should have enough to be in league 1 next year. Hopefully we can and Tactics and Lee can flex some muscle in the summer.

Chelsea are trying to replicate what the likes of Real Madrid have been doing for years.....namely hoover up as many possibly useful young players as you can.  Loan them out and then sell them for a decent price...acting a bit like a glorified agency.  The most recent example Patrick Bamford trousered Chelsea  6 mill, but never played a game for them. I think John Terry was their last academy product to play for them, during which time I'd imagine near on a thousand kids have gone through their system mostly to be discarded as non league standard.

However you want to lok at it the squad is still unbalanced with too many of the wrong type of players on loan and in the wrong positions, staying up is going to require one hell of a battle, just the sort of thing, there has been a conspicuous lack of desire for.

Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:09:22 »

Chelsea are trying to replicate what the likes of Real Madrid have been doing for years.....namely hoover up as many possibly useful young players as you can.  Loan them out and then sell them for a decent price...acting a bit like a glorified agency.  The most recent example Patrick Bamford trousered Chelsea  6 mill, but never played a game for them. I think John Terry was their last academy product to play for them, during which time I'd imagine near on a thousand kids have gone through their system mostly to be discarded as non league standard.

However you want to lok at it the squad is still unbalanced with too many of the wrong type of players on loan and in the wrong positions, staying up is going to require one hell of a battle, just the sort of thing, there has been a conspicuous lack of desire for.

I am not sure i agree with that. We have filled the positions needed. If they are good enough or not we will wait and see
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:11:36 »

We needed a battling midfielder. We signed one.

We needed a goal scorer. We signed one.

We needed a CB. We signed one.

Not sure what else people wanted.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:20:40 »

MORRRREEEEEE!!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:24:42 »

We needed them in the summer. Not as an afterthought when we are staring relegation in the face.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:36:39 »

We needed them in the summer. Not as an afterthought when we are staring relegation in the face.

Signing Ajose, at least gives us a chance, without a scorer we were as good as down. But, there's a lot of pressure on him to deliver.  Cureton returned in 05/06 scored something like 7 in the last 18 which got us 3 or 4 wins, but still not enough.

I think Ajose fits best into a 3-5-2 system, so I'd expect to see something like this for Sun.

Vigs
               Dabo, Branco, Nathan, Jones,  BOO
                         Kasim, Ince, Gladwin
                                Norris, Ajose

SUBS:  Henry, Hylton, Smith, Brophy, Starkey, Conroy, Thomas
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:40:04 »

I hardly think we're staring relegation in the face, yeah we're a bit shit but there are 5 shitter teams below us and I genuinely think we are better than all of them. I think we have enough about us to stay up.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:41:58 »

No BOO for me. Thompson there, new fella at CB.

Kasim wont be seen in a Town shirt again. Midfield 3 of Colkett, Gladwin and Ince

Beaker and Ajose - hoping
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:43:32 »

I hardly think we're staring relegation in the face, yeah we're a bit shit but there are 5 shitter teams below us and I genuinely think we are better than all of them. I think we have enough about us to stay up.

True, but Reg Smeeton reliably foresees relegation and untold misery every season, and has surely never been wrong to date.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:44:19 »

Blimey, you're either a mega optimist or just very complacent. I'd say, at this moment, there are only 3 shitter teams than us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:45:26 »

Brilliant....reminds me of when I pointed out to Ray Hardman in 95 at an AGM our plight, he wouldn't countenance that we were in trouble.....I advised him to look at a league table.

If you do the same, then you'll observe there are 4 teams below us all of whom we have to play in the coming 5 or 6 weeks, and the 2 immediately below us, have already beaten us quite easily this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:50:51 »

No BOO for me. Thompson there, new fella at CB.

Kasim wont be seen in a Town shirt again. Midfield 3 of Colkett, Gladwin and Ince

Beaker and Ajose - hoping

According to the Adver BOO is still not ready. If you have that midfield, then you can't have one of Jones, Dabo, Ajose.  It's about balance, you need a left footer, as a left wing back. Brophy really doesn't seem to have any way recovered from his mystery ailment.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:52:57 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 13:22:17 »

Vigs
               Dabo, Branco, Nathan, Jones,  BOO
                         Kasim, Ince, Gladwin
                                Norris, Ajose

SUBS:  Henry, Hylton, Smith, Brophy, Starkey, Conroy, Thomas

Starkey on bench instead of Stewart?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 13:27:06 »

Jones went off injured last week i wouldn't be suprised if he was the loan who misses out Sunday.

Anyway i have sent the questions and had an email back asking if i am available between 6/7 which i am not, so don't be shocked if they don't ask them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: