Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 81350 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 12:46:56 »

What are the plans for the managerial situation, Tim Sherwood is not a long term appointment and Luke Williams has shown he is not up to doing the top job, can you confirm you will not promote Ross Embelton to the manager chair and that there will be a proper manager in place for next season who can also recruit his own staff and players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 12:58:58 »

So you expect him to open himself up to a constructive dismissal claim live on the radio, good luck with that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 13:30:53 »

Connor Thomas?? Physical?? Fuck me, I've heard it all now. Must be 6'2 & I've hardly seen him put a tackle in all season.

Indeed.

Gladwin would be in my starting 11. But tackling, physical strength holding people off the ball and tracking back aren't his strong points.  Same with Goddard and CC.

That's the problem as I saw it. Ince is the attempted solution - he's going to be great and then go down isn't he..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 14:22:23 »

Why is it that we never hear from our "in charge of everything to do with the team" Director of Football in post-match interviews etc but he's apparently quite happy to talk to some Football Manager marketing Q&A about what he's doing or not doing with our team? Does he understand how disrespectful that looks?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 14:31:24 »

Why is it that we never hear from our "in charge of everything to do with the team" Director of Football in post-match interviews etc but he's apparently quite happy to talk to some Football Manager marketing Q&A about what he's doing or not doing with our team? Does he understand how disrespectful that looks?
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 15:18:48 »

More to the point, does he even care how disrespectful that looks?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 15:28:05 »

That would be the obvious supplementary, but I'd already asked two questions, didn't want to be greedy Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 16:14:21 »

Yep agreed on the interview thing as a whole, important to note that no other DoF does post-match though?
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 16:25:45 »

But are the other DOFs picking the team, deciding tactics, substitutions, recruitment. washing the kit etc etc

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 16:29:56 »

Yep agreed on the interview thing as a whole, important to note that no other DoF does post-match though?
No, but then no other DoF is described as being in charge of selecting the team, tactics etc. It's not the title, it's the function. If Sherwood's responsible for picking the team, shape, tactics etc then he is responsible for what happens on the pitch so he should be the one to explain it. Instead of wheeling Williams out to shrug his shoulders and say "I dunno" as to why it's gone wrong yet again, whether there are any new signings coming, where we need new signings etc etc. That's just humiliating for Williams and frustrating for fans. If Sherwood's responsible for the team he should take some fucking responsibility. If he's not, who is?

Either way, refusing to face up after we've just watched another load of old bollocks while happily trotting out shite to some PR crap for a fucking computer game speaks volumes about how low down the priority list we come.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 16:34:13 »

No, because he was getting paid to get them some publicity
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 17:04:59 »

Using the old adage less is more and silence is golden it would serve Power right if no one phoned in. To be fair those that do will no doubt be brushed off with the usual bollocks and non answered questions.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 20:22:27 »

Those that think Power is Satan won't change their view regardless of what he says during the phone in.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 21:54:55 »

Those that think Power is Satan won't change their view regardless of what he says during the phone in.

Quite. He's either going to say something wrong or be lying.
And no doubt someone will moan that their question wasn't asked, even though it was "WERE DA JOSE MONEY" written on a brick with crayon.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 22:13:09 »

But he should be asked the questions.  Some  aspects of the club are bordering on farcical.

He can either listen, or not. His choice. I do believe many people are being put off now, and not just the special ones.

To be honest I don't think I'll ever fully trust him given his closed shop approach. Now you can call that my problem, and it is because I'll be back next year. But it's the clubs problem if it really does start affecting bums on seats. Even if everything other than the team is rosy.

The phone in should be a two way thing.

But yes, once you think someone is full of shit, whatever they say will be shit to you.

« Last Edit: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 22:17:18 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: