Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80764 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 20:57:51 »

No, it was David and Power didn;t say "ask the accountants", he said, he wasn't sure so would have to speak to the accountants

I said he said it was "one for the accountants" =  he would have to ask the accountants = he would need to speak to the accountants. What on earth are you on about?

but then went on to say the club was made debt free and breaking even at the start of the seson but since has had to put money in to improve the cashflow. So going by that, it's a good possibility we are profit making in last years accounts (as they are to July 2016) but 2016-17 will likely see a loss unless we have a sudden improvement in gates and revenue.

But the point was I don't believe he doesn't have a handle on the accounts (to July 2016). I think its BS.

If he meant in 'we were breakeven at the start of the season' meaning that yes last year was breakeven then fair enough.

I assumed he was at that point talking about this years budget, because he also mention gates declining and the extra needed for new recruits.

Again not achieving breakeven isn't in itself a problem if the shortfall is met with a reasonable loan/out of his pocket - though I'd rather not rack up debt to him obviously.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 20:59:22 »

I notice Ed has deleted his movements Twitter account. Conspiracy...?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 21:07:16 »

I notice Ed has deleted his movements Twitter account. Conspiracy...?

Did it contain any slanderous allegations? Mind you the Trump account is still running so maybe Twitter don't care about that.

Ed's dead baby, Ed's dead.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 21:11:27 »

Again not achieving breakeven isn't in itself a problem if the shortfall is met with a reasonable loan/out of his pocket - though I'd rather not rack up debt to him obviously.

How else is a business meant to get meaningful finance without going to a bank with high interest, that's what got us £9m in debt which Fitton and Black wiped. Shareholder loans are the best form of finance as:

- it's only repaid when the business can afford it
- normally interest free but if has interest is much lower than a bank loan
- the owner can wipe it at any time (Bolton)
- Bank loans can be called in if the business doesn't meet it's payments (ala administration)

Any shortfalls at the moment is met by Power and that will be the same for most clubs in this division, Bolton had close to £170m of debt to their owner, if that was a traditional loan, they would have been stuffed many many years ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 21:24:52 »

Thanks captain obvious.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 05:38:04 »

How else is a business meant to get meaningful finance without going to a bank with high interest, that's what got us £9m in debt which Fitton and Black wiped. Shareholder loans are the best form of finance as:

- it's only repaid when the business can afford it
- normally interest free but if has interest is much lower than a bank loan
- the owner can wipe it at any time (Bolton)
- Bank loans can be called in if the business doesn't meet it's payments (ala administration)

Any shortfalls at the moment is met by Power and that will be the same for most clubs in this division, Bolton had close to £170m of debt to their owner, if that was a traditional loan, they would have been stuffed many many years ago.

If you think Power is lending the club money at no or low interest you need a kick in the bollocks from the tooth fairy.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 06:32:32 »

Do you know that for a fact Bellend or merely an opinion?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 07:23:56 »

The previous phone in he was asked what rate he was charging on loans to the club. He used the 'have to ask accountant' cop out answer.

He's stated many times he is here to make money so lending at zero rate isn't the way to do it.

And, btw, I wouldn't really expect him to. It's the rate he's charging we'll never know.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 11:47:53 »

I didn't listen to the phone in, but I read a transcript of what Ed said and I don't think there is a lot wrong with it. Regardless of what some might think of his opinion, it was one Power needed to hear because I honestly think he is so deluded he doesn't realise (until maybe now) the level of discontent within our support for him.

He was obviously reading off a script to come out with all of that. But I don't think people should be hitting him too hard for that. It's better you work out what you want to say and prepare for it. Usually what happens is people just call up and ramble with whatever comes in to your head at that particular moment.

What I would have personally liked would have been more clarity on what debt the club has. Power often makes statements like the club "had no real debt at the start of the season" but then we hear of money the club owes him, money owed to Andrew Black if we redevelop the ground and other reports that the club is anywhere from £4m to £9m in debt. A lack of a clear answer just adds to his shifty image.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 11:54:19 »

Oh and I sencirely hope whoever is in charge of signing off the Eady money is scrutinising where its going. The last thing that should be happening is it going towards a training ground the club doesn't own.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #235 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 11:57:59 »

Oh and I sencirely hope whoever is in charge of signing off the Eady money is scrutinising where its going. The last thing that should be happening is it going towards a training ground the club doesn't own.
I think that is why its taking so long getting sorted, must be 2 years+ now?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #236 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 14:25:50 »

I didn't listen to the phone in, but I read a transcript of what Ed said and I don't think there is a lot wrong with it. Regardless of what some might think of his opinion, it was one Power needed to hear because I honestly think he is so deluded he doesn't realise (until maybe now) the level of discontent within our support for him.

He was obviously reading off a script to come out with all of that. But I don't think people should be hitting him too hard for that. It's better you work out what you want to say and prepare for it. Usually what happens is people just call up and ramble with whatever comes in to your head at that particular moment.

What I would have personally liked would have been more clarity on what debt the club has. Power often makes statements like the club "had no real debt at the start of the season" but then we hear of money the club owes him, money owed to Andrew Black if we redevelop the ground and other reports that the club is anywhere from £4m to £9m in debt. A lack of a clear answer just adds to his shifty image.
I disagree. When Ed was asked questions in return he panicked and went as defensive as Power does. If he is going to scrutinize like he did at least back it up.

It was also the way he spoke to him which i found odd,i am calling on behalf of the power out group like it's some kind of movement. Power said he believes a lot of what is said on twitter is people hiding behind fake profiles and when they are asked questions themselves they disapear. Ed deleted his account within minutes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 14:50:31 »

I disagree. When Ed was asked questions in return he panicked and went as defensive as Power does. If he is going to scrutinize like he did at least back it up.

It was also the way he spoke to him which i found odd,i am calling on behalf of the power out group like it's some kind of movement. Power said he believes a lot of what is said on twitter is people hiding behind fake profiles and when they are asked questions themselves they disapear. Ed deleted his account within minutes
This was my take on Ed too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 16:34:04 »

To be fair I just read what he initiially said up to when he was pushed on if he actually had a question and responded "When are you leaving?" I'm not privy to what happened afterwards.

Regardless, what he said initially was a decent opinion on how a very large proportion of our fan base feels. The thing is these radio phone ins are magnets for morons so you're not likely to get someone very articulate. The people complaining it was scripted should be thankful because the cringe would have been tenfold if it wasn't.
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 6, 2017, 16:41:00 »

I for one am very grateful for his scripted parklife impression, it gave me a chuckle.

I suspect it gave him a sense of enormous well-being.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: