Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protests Angry Shouting Etc  (Read 11837 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 13:28:54 »

The model seems to be to find the odd gem, polish them and sell them on, I don't suppose Power will exit while that still provides some return on is loans or until they are at least paid up - namely because external interest in buying him out will be next to zero given the current financial basis of the business.  Namely, zero assets and about 6million in liabilities when you add in Black's debenture against the club still.

We have two options- hope that he finds a few more gems and we repeat 2014/15 or that the Trust focusses efforts on an alternative option.  The only reason the Diamandis reign came to and end, in my opinion, is when a real option presented itself on the table for a way out.  Granted, they were so intent on not selling to the Trust or anyone who had anything to do with them that they resisted that approach, but it opened up the door to others.  We were a financial mess back then, but there was still a glimmer of hope of a development opportunity.  That seems to have all but extinguished, but if someone could work out a plan/business model that included some form of development and opportunity to ROI for any potential buyers (inc the Trust), then it might just work.

The tough call is what would happen after that - without major financial investment, the real likelihood is that the club is where it will be for many years to come.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 13:29:38 »

I was thinking next season Yeovil and Exeter almost on my doorstep then the season after maybe Dorchester, Weymouth, Tiverton Town, Taunton Town....not all bad for me!

You're thinking of just one relegation? Happy clapper! Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 13:31:30 »

You're thinking of just one relegation? Happy clapper! Smiley
No I included 2 relegations including this season Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 13:34:59 »

Fulham or Swindon?

Smiley
Both!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 13:53:18 »

Losing to Southport in the FA Trophy final.
Wouldn't worry about that, the chances of Southport reaching the FA Trophy final are minimal.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 14:14:39 »

The Twitter account recently pushing a 'Fight the Power' movement is too shallow. Lacks anything other than relying on people's unhappiness and a bunch of short-term questions that have been asked before.

Their logo is pretty though.

They are not going to sleep until Power sells the club..... I fear they may be knackered!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 14:15:34 »

They are not going to sleep until Power sells the club..... I fear they may be knackered!
Isn't prolonged sleep deprivation actually fatal?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 14:27:27 »

Isn't prolonged sleep deprivation actually fatal?

I believe so, if they expect Power to keep his promises its only fair?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 19:52:39 »

Breaking point? Probably a heavy piss poor defeat on Sunday for me coupled with yet another failed transfer window. The "model" doesn't work and hasn't since March 2015. Why we persist with it I'll never know. Power and Co need a shift in transfer policy, management structure and playing style. Power is too stubborn to admit he has got it wrong and that's what pisses me off the most. I remember Fitton standing down after 10/11. He had the balls to say " I fucked up". Power won't sell but he should at least step away from the playing side of things and I don't mean relying on tactics Tim who clearly doesn't give a shite either.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 20:18:37 »

im done, will go to some away games next year.
not renewing next season and lining powers pockets further.
never been so disillusioned, even when we were close to going bust there was a passion there to get behind the club. now so many feel alienated by the ownership to the point of not really caring anymore.

never thought id see the day.   Sad

id swap places with Lincoln fucking City in a heartbeart.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 30, 2017, 20:20:26 by The Million Pound Man » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 21:16:05 »

Let's drag out our demise to 2020 and 100 years as a Football League club
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 21:33:50 »

Breaking point?: Death.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 23:07:23 »

Breaking point for me will be if/when any threat to club is real, or the ownership is proven to have malicious intent, rather than ineptitude and misguided ideas.

Until then - we're shit. That's all.

Thank you for expressing how I feel so succinctly. I've been trying for a while but you've got it for me, right there.

Not that I won't be livid when if we lose on Sunday, but I am very very unlikely to do any more than moan a lot and exceed my alcohol units for the day..

Someone mentioned Wrexham and I think that was actually my first ever game at the CG (my first ever was away). I think there were about 10 people there and everyone seemed pretty pissed off. Maybe that's why I'm not so apoplectic about our current situation, my earliest memory is of pretty much the same. And i still came back and I've still had some bloody good times.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:28:48 »

I remember Fitton standing down after 10/11. He had the balls to say " I fucked up".

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: