Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protests Angry Shouting Etc  (Read 11836 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:37:02 »

I am in no way saying let's protest btw before anyone tries to shoot me down.

What i am wondering is let's assume that things just carry on as they are then obviously things will come to ahead so at what point do the fans say enough is enough. I seen the thread on acceptance and agree it does seem like that but would assume there would be a trigger for say the trust to get involved and rally the supporters to really make a point against the current owner/managment .

So what will make you snap.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:46:48 »

I actually said to my Dad yesterday, my point of snapping will be if we bring no one else in during the transfer window. The problems are obvious and by not acting then Powerwood are accepting relegation.

We need a minimum 3 if not 4 players in by tomorrow night...CB, CM and 2 forwards.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:50:02 »

We need a minimum 3 if not 4 players in by tomorrow night...CB, CM and 2 forwards.
I would put my house on this not happening, 2 maximum new signings IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lambourn red

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:53:00 »

IF no one else comes in then we need lots of questions answering as it would seem that LP/TS are either blind or taking the piss, things could get ugly Sunday if we are handed the expected dicking by the piss stains and that is coupled with a lack of much needed reinforcements.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 11:56:33 »

I suspect most people's breaking point would be a heavy defeat on Sunday
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:13:31 »

I suspect most people's breaking point would be a heavy defeat on Sunday

I actually said to my Dad yesterday, my point of snapping will be if we bring no one else in during the transfer window.

Both of these will cover 90% of fans I reckon.

I think I could recover from another Oxford defeat if there was light at the end of the tunnel.

But three Chelsea kids and Gladwin being our only ins and (or more league gameless 17 year old "punts") would convince me this club is FUBAR'd.

Trouble is, other than the inevitable vocal towards Sherwood/Power I'm not sure I have the energy/enthusiasm for more drastic protesting (See :acceptance thread).

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:16:00 »

a trigger for say the trust to get involved and rally the supporters

Tricky one for the Trust. Evidence of the club going down the swanny/Power taking the piss financially would by my guess.

Not sure the trust should wage war based on where we are today. They should (and probably are?)trying to ask some searching questions to the invisible man and silent bob.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:31:11 »

The Twitter account recently pushing a 'Fight the Power' movement is too shallow. Lacks anything other than relying on people's unhappiness and a bunch of short-term questions that have been asked before.

Their logo is pretty though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:31:42 »

Breaking point for me will be if nothing is done to change things next season. I think it's too late for anything close to a turn around in fortunes this season and I'd written us off months ago
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:38:29 »

Power is a thick-skinned old bastard and a few boos here and there wont bother him in the least.

Apparently, Oyston at Blackpool has said he will never, ever, ever sell the club and their lot have been protesting for years.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:41:49 by Rory Bellend » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:49:37 »

Breaking point for me will be if/when any threat to club is real, or the ownership is proven to have malicious intent, rather than ineptitude and misguided ideas.

Until then - we're shit. That's all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:52:20 »

Power is a thick-skinned old bastard and a few boos here and there wont bother him in the least.

Apparently, Oyston at Blackpool has said he will never, ever, ever sell the club and their lot have been protesting for years.

There is a bit of a difference there, Blackpool have assets that bring income and thus not selling makes some sort of financial sense, in this case we have no assets, limited income that's only going to drop and the only way of actually making money is through investment, which isn't going to happen.

I actually have reached the stage that all I can think is either a) Power has some kind of masterplan which doesn't matter which division we are in (no fathomable idea what this could be as in the big scheme of things even player sales are only going to make monkey nuts) or b) he has frankly just lost all interest - but if that were the case would he not be looking to offload the liability? or c) Williams has some very compromising photographs of Power?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:56:46 »

Breaking point for me will be if/when any threat to club is real, or the ownership is proven to have malicious intent, rather than ineptitude and misguided ideas.

Until then - we're shit. That's all.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:58:53 »

The goalkeeping coach who went to FGR had some dirt on Power - personal stuff.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 30, 2017, 12:59:41 »

I'm looking forward to the Conference....might be fun, something different anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: