Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 47780 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:25:46 »

At least he is showing a bit of passion and fire.

Can't see our players doing that.

Not really. More wind up merchant than passion and fire.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:26:36 »

The quote "they will try and be up for it" resonates with me the most. He's probably right.

As much as I'd like to be super up for this, I'm not and that's not because of the form either. Under the Power era (not blaming the chairman for this) they seldom seem truly 'up' for fixtures in the way that we want them to be (which is essentially outplaying and outscoring the rival opponent).
« Last Edit: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:43:46 by Costanza » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:42:56 »

Seems obvious to me that he's after one of our players - Branco? - coming after him to get him sent off.

Unfortunately for our lot they seem to replace passion with pointless fouls.

Those yellow fuckers have a habit of playing against 10 men.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:43:32 »

As already pointed out, Di Canio's teams were 'up for it'. Didn't help in derby matches, it hurt when they didn't do jack.

At least this squad don't set expectations too highly.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:45:13 »

As already pointed out, Di Canio's teams were 'up for it'. Didn't help in derby matches, it hurt when they didn't do jack.

At least this squad don't set expectations too highly.

Evidence of desire is all that's required sometimes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:47:07 »

For those that say 'we haven't heard of him' etc. He scored 2 goals against us and I am pretty sure is their penalty taker so has a good chance of scoring again on Sunday.

Oh, OK. ..blotted him out of memory then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:47:22 »

Evidence of desire is all that's required sometimes.

fair comment!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:50:27 »

This is the difference.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15066910._I_d_be_a_boo_boy_too___says_frustrated_Thompson/?ref=twtrec

He's a swindon lad, and a fan apparently, so why not come out and say you are looking at stuffing them and we are all up for it. Fuck last performances. It all seems a bit mundane to me.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:55:27 »

As I said earlier, Maguire is just trying to stoke the fire. Wins him love from his fans and means he'll probs get some stick from our fans which he'll love. Pantomime villain shit.

I'll play along but he'll become just as irrelevant as 99% of Oxfords former players.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 11:00:50 »

Will Beauchump be there, I wonder. Eric will be his wingman
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 15:34:58 »

What did Maguire say that shows he's passionate?  He's just trotting out the standard lines when a reporter provide a key word to him, like local derby.  I bet he'd play here if we offered him more cash, just as Thompson would go there the other way around.

Footballers are not fans, even those that claim they are.  They never spent the key years building that bond between 12 and 21, the period where Batch lost his affection for Man Utd and plumped for the plucky (not so plucky) loser in Swindon.  Footballers were too busy becoming footballers so even if they had some slight affection, they never get the chance to rubber stamp it.  In the days where local lads played for their team it was probably more likely, but hasn't been that way for 30 odd years at least.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 15:40:57 »

What did Maguire say that shows he's passionate?  He's just trotting out the standard lines when a reporter provide a key word to him, like local derby.  I bet he'd play here if we offered him more cash, just as Thompson would go there the other way around.

Footballers are not fans, even those that claim they are.  They never spent the key years building that bond between 12 and 21, the period where Batch lost his affection for Man Utd and plumped for the plucky (not so plucky) loser in Swindon.  Footballers were too busy becoming footballers so even if they had some slight affection, they never get the chance to rubber stamp it.  In the days where local lads played for their team it was probably more likely, but hasn't been that way for 30 odd years at least.

What about all of those months/years that Nathan Thompson has spent injured or suspended, so watching from the stands?  Cheesy

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 16:51:22 »

Looking at Chris Maguires Wiki page,he's played for some pretty big clubs such as Sheffield Wednesday,Derby etc,and he's even played twice for Scotland.

It must be frustrating for him now that things haven't worked out for him and he has to ply his trade at a lowly team fresh out of non-league at the age of only 28 when he should be at his peak.
Hence,he has to act this way in order to convince himself he's still relevant.

It's just projection of his abject failure to succeed in the game.
I'll bet he was really pleased with himself after that piece in the local rag,but inside he's dying.

I feel sorry for him.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:21:38 »

Looking at Chris Maguires Wiki page,he's played for some pretty big clubs such as Sheffield Wednesday,Derby etc,and he's even played twice for Scotland.

It must be frustrating for him now that things haven't worked out for him and he has to ply his trade at a lowly team fresh out of non-league at the age of only 28 when he should be at his peak.
Hence,he has to act this way in order to convince himself he's still relevant.

It's just projection of his abject failure to succeed in the game.
I'll bet he was really pleased with himself after that piece in the local rag,but inside he's dying.

I feel sorry for him.

Isn't Maguire joining that long list of short, annoying Scottish strikers. Speedie, Fleck nd McGinley come to mind.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 22:30:11 »

It's simple. If Maguire gets off on abuse from opposition fans, we should all chant 'We love Chris!' in effeminate voices every time he gets the ball and at corners.

Meh, he's bound to score anyway and we're gonna get spanked. Bad Mood
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: