Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread (12:30 KO)  (Read 39279 times)
Carly

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 21:25:57 »

Williams took some real abuse from the crowd today. Lots of people calling him a cunt when he was clearly in earshot. Felt sorry for the guy tbh, I know he hasn't helped himself with some of his comments but a lot of the shit handed out today was personal & over the top imo. The only positive from a playing perspective was Hylton who was excellent & should be mightily pissed off if he doesn't start next week.

Completely agree with you FreddySTFC! I must've been stood in a similar place!

I understand the frustrations but as long as Power and Sherwood are keeping Williams in place what is he supposed to do?? He can't win......

I've heard far too many people "in the know" say what a great coach Williams is but unfortunately i'm yet to see any evidence of it. There are some very deluded people running our club......once more.......

Oh and to the people that keep chanting for di Canio - PLEASE have a word with yourselves!!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 21:39:26 »

Problem with Hylton though is he can't score for bobbins. So should he start?
I was having this discussion with my cousin during the game. The reason for this, imo, is because he drifts wide a lot and runs the channels, which he's done very well recently. His hold up play has also improved a lot, he didn't get knocked off the ball at all today, against considerably bigger opponents & his only mistake was a misplaced pass to Brophy when he made a run which Hylton hadn't anticipated.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 22:08:05 »

Oh, and while we are in the matchday thread. Did anyone hear why:
  - Norris was withdrawn at half time - injury or tactical
  - Was Kasim simply dropped ?
Williams:
- Game got away from us at the beginning
- Overpowered and overwhelmed
- Got stronger and came into it in the second half
- Opposition out run us and won more second balls. Over powered us in middle of the pitch
- Looks like on todays showing we had no physicality even with Thompson in it
- On another day the midfield would have put in a better performance
- Opposition better than us on the day
- Didnt take chances in second half
- Might have deserved to score in the second half
- If Stewart hadnt slipped it would have been 1-1
- Thompson in midfield: Tried for more of a physical presence
- Tactical change taking Norris off. Felt he wasnt performing
- Chelsea kids: Shown that they have real qualities we can use
- Oxford & fan frustration: If we dont win fans will be upset. In last games. In first derby we had 2 sent off. We showed passion in second derby but were able to win.
- We are completely aware of what the fans think of us
- We are trying to win every game
- Its one thing feeling hyped for the game, its another to walk all over them.
- Dion Convoy: Didnt feature for long. Will get a better feel for his game as the weeks go on
- How do you see a way out? Key is not to buckle under pressure. Key is to be strong and never quit. Lots of people pretend but successful people dont quit
- Full confidence in this group of players. We are all ambitious.
- We are still fighting together and working hard to get out of this.
- Transfer window: Would love to answer your questions but transfers are not in my remit. I trust people are working in the background to get the right people
- I think we can all see that physicality and experience in midfield is lacking. But its difficult to bring those players in.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 22:16:04 »

FFS. Sorry NMH, I even read that before asking.  I missed the interview, needed to re-coal the BBQ smoker. Pulled lamb was the real winner today.

At least Sherwood, who clearly picks the team and is in charge of everything, has seen we need physical presence in midfield. Even if NT isn't the answer.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 22:22:56 »

Beforehand I thought if we lose to Rovers & Oxford, Williams will be gone.
I sincerely hope we don't go a goal down very early in the game against Oxford, otherwise we will get destroyed

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 22:27:12 »

Beforehand I thought if we lose to Rovers & Oxford, Williams will be gone.

Do you really believe that?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 23:29:11 »

It makes Mark Cooper's sacking look harsh by comparison and was clearly a sticky plaster over the problems.

Sent from my HTC One M9
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 00:28:03 »

Oh and to the people that keep chanting for di Canio - PLEASE have a word with yourselves!!!
wat
REDBUCK

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 02:02:27 »

Williams took some real abuse from the crowd today. Lots of people calling him a cunt when he was clearly in earshot. Felt sorry for the guy tbh, I know he hasn't helped himself with some of his comments but a lot of the shit handed out today was personal & over the top imo. The only positive from a playing perspective was Hylton who was excellent & should be mightily pissed off if he doesn't start next week.

Seemed to be just a couple of blokes who from minute one were giving Williams dogs abuse with very little interest in the game. Liked the sound of their own voices and thought they were comic geniuses which all became a very tedious after about ten minutes.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 09:50:00 »

Dreadful numb boring performance again. Fed up going to away games, millwall, Franchise and now rovers - I missed bolton!- knowing after about 15 mins we were going to lose. I have been a Power supporter - as haven't seen an alternative - but he needs to pull something out of the hat and get lucky, otherwise the fans, even the die hards like me, will find it hard to take. Sherwood should front up by doing the interviews and sit in the dugout as maybe that will at least bring a bit more passion and energy to the team and crowd. We need something to give us all hope.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:00:18 »

Sherwood is probably doing exactly what he did for us pre-press conference just with a Swindon tracksuit on instead.

Everybody is going to Chelsea for players. I don't think his masterful negotiating and contacts list can take credit there. Oxford signed a centre forward on loan who cost their parent club £2.5million. We signed a centre-forward on loan who Chelsea scooped up because Celtic overhyped him when he was 13.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:05:25 »

Do you really believe that?

Knowing the ineptitude at the top of the tower it wouldnt surprise if they give him a contract extension!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:06:21 »

Even for Power, he's gone very quiet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:15:34 »

I understand Power/Sherwood (if he exists) are in control of transfers. I don't understand why Williams is not aware of what they are doing. If he is such a respected coach, why is his opinion not wanted and taken? Why isn't he informed which players will be dumped on him from one week to the next?
I agree, it seems like he is being deliberately kept in the dark or hes a liar.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:17:12 »

Sherwood is probably doing exactly what he did for us pre-press conference just with a Swindon tracksuit on instead.

Everybody is going to Chelsea for players. I don't think his masterful negotiating and contacts list can take credit there. Oxford signed a centre forward on loan who cost their parent club £2.5million. We signed a centre-forward on loan who Chelsea scooped up because Celtic overhyped him when he was 13.

As much as it pains me their recruitment is miles better than ours. As well as that example they spent money on Kane Hemmings who has double figures for goals and we bought bloody Norris.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: