Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread (12:30 KO)  (Read 38531 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 13:18:55 »

I think we will get at most 2 more signings by Wednesday but I am fairly certain they won't be the experience most fans crave.

As SY says every signing is a punt, look at Peach, Whalley, Cureton and Thorpe, they had the experience we need but had no stomach for a fight, we need battlers who want to play for us and not purely look at Swindon as a way of "quickly" forwarding their career.

I have no problem with players using us as a stepping stone to play at a higher level but please for fucks sake give us 100% effort while you are with us, not too much to ask is it?

I will be amazed if we sign anybody, dumbstruck if it's anybody over 25 and thunder struck if it's anybody over 6ft tall and imposing....

Clems Army!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 15:53:04 »

I don't think there is any way he will resign, and he would be a fool to do so and lose 4 years salary, he will have to be pushed.

As someone keeps posting, Power wants him to resign so he doesn't have to pat compensation, and Williams wants out but doesn't want to resign without compensation.

The suggestion has been poo-poo'ed on a number of occasions by several people, but it is looking more & more like there may be some truth in it.

The fact that Williams keeps indicating he has NO involvement in recruitment would surely suggest that there's something going on
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:07:24 »

To paraphrase:
"We work as a team, I'm comfortable with TS role"
"I don't know about transfers"

Either frozen out, or BS..

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:11:56 »

Hanging on to a sinking ship is going to make it virtually impossible for him to get a job in the future.

The longer he stays the lower his stock falls. Picking up his peanuts at the CG will finish his career.

I'm coming into some money - maybe I can pay the twat off!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:28:18 »

As someone keeps posting, Power wants him to resign so he doesn't have to pat compensation, and Williams wants out but doesn't want to resign without compensation.

The suggestion has been poo-poo'ed on a number of occasions by several people, but it is looking more & more like there may be some truth in it.

The fact that Williams keeps indicating he has NO involvement in recruitment would surely suggest that there's something going on
Maybe, maybe not but if so what sort of tw!t gives a rookie so-called "manager" a 5 year cpntract without a break clause or ability to easily pay it off?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:30:34 »

To paraphrase:
"We work as a team, I'm comfortable with TS role"
"I don't know about transfers"

Either frozen out, or BS..

Exactly my point I made ealier mate.

I agree, it seems like he is being deliberately kept in the dark or hes a liar.

There has to be some element of truth in the rumours IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:36:06 »

We have constantly been told that Luke Williams is the best coach in the lower leagues and was wanted by Sunderland and others, surely if he is THAT good then he will be poached by a bigger club....

Although I fear the longer he stays here and the worse we get then the lower his stock will get.

So it makes sense for all parties to come to an agreement in his release or we will have a coach we don't want and he will have on his CV the record of being one of the least successful managers in the history of STFC. (currently with a 27% win ratio)

Managers with over 35 games in charge of us...

Gorman 21%
Allen 21%
Quinn 22.5%
Todd 22%
Onoura was 25%
Williams 27%
Lindley 28%
Mackay 31%
Malpas 31%
King 33%
Trollope 35%
Wilson 36%
Beamish 38%
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:51:57 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:36:25 »

So you did, sorry!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 16:38:05 »

So you did, sorry!

Cheesy we are speaking from the same hymn sheet

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 17:34:24 »

We have constantly been told that Luke Williams is the best coach in the lower leagues and was wanted by Sunderland and others, surely if he is THAT good then he will be poached by a bigger club....

Although I fear the longer he stays here and the worse we get then the lower his stock will get.

So it makes sense for all parties to come to an agreement in his release or we will have a coach we don't want and he will have on his CV the record of being one of the least successful managers in the history of STFC. (currently with a 27% win ratio)

Gorman 21%
Allen 21%
Quinn 22.5%
Todd 22%
Onoura was 25%
Williams 27%
Lindley 28%
Mackay 31%
Malpas 31%
King 33%
Trollope 35%
Wilson 36%
Beamish 38%

T*dd never did 35 games.....
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 17:38:30 »

Perhaps his 5 year deal is a rolling one, renewable at the end of each season and that's what Powers waiting for. Sack him and pay up the remainder or wait and don't renew.

Dangerous game if is the case as may save the contract cash but be in div 4.
 Hmmm

Who knows.
All I do know is current set up definitely isn't working for anyone
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 17:42:39 »

One concern I have with Williams and Embleton is through injury neither had long playing careers in the Football League.

You get the impression they have a football purist approach rather than being wise to the dark arts of grinding out results, knowing when players are are not putting it in and knowing when to get dirty yourself.

So you know Rovers and Oxford in a local derby are going to get physical. Then you prepare for that and win your battles, from there you might get a chance to play your stuff. Not thinking you can tippy tappy your way out of a relegation battle.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 18:40:56 »

Gorman 21%
Allen 21%
Quinn 22.5%
Todd 22%
Onoura was 25%
Williams 27%
Lindley 28%
Mackay 31%
Malpas 31%
King 33%
Trollope 35%
Wilson 36%
Beamish 38%

Didn't realise Dave Macay did that well. I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead but I still hate that cunt.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 19:23:38 »

Gorman 21%
Allen 21%
Quinn 22.5%
Todd 22%
Onoura was 25%
Williams 27%
Lindley 28%
Mackay 31%
Malpas 31%
King 33%
Trollope 35%
Wilson 36%
Beamish 38%

Surely you mean"crap managers that have 35 or more games"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #239 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 19:42:34 »

T*dd never did 35 games.....
My mistake.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: