Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread (12:30 KO)  (Read 39253 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:31:57 »

Well, someone had to take the blame. I'll be that patsy.

Away from home, hostile home crowd, pressure match. Everyone expects us to crumble and surrender.

But We shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the pitches,
we shall fight on soggy grounds,
we shall fight in the midfield and in defense,
we shall fight in the set pieces; we shall never surrender.

COME ON TOWN

(1-1)
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:33:36 by Batch » Logged
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:37:29 »

Sorry to sound so utterly negative, but can only see defeat today and next week. We don't have the stomach for a derby.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:55:02 »

Pre match coffee  Sad in The Commercial Rooms.
Nice setting for a pub, in days of yore a venue where merchants could tally the profits from fags and slavery.

So today it's a case of alright me luverrrzzz and 'opin fer a gert lush performance.

Hopefully the players will be inspired by Luke's pre match team talk where he threatens to rip off their heads and piss in the holes if they don't do the business.

Zero expectation and looking forward to the long trudge through gurning central.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:56:35 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:10:48 »

Sorry to sound so utterly negative, but can only see defeat today and next week. We don't have the stomach for a derby.
Me too, two 3-0 defeats coming up in next two games - I so hope I am wrong (I was for the Bolton game!).
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:19:42 »

Setting off at 10. Daughter not been to rovers and meeting up afterwards with some old mates after the game not seen in 20 years in the Wellington afterwards. As for the football they are good at home, we are crap away. They score for fun, we don't. Will be interesting to see if our little darlings fancy the rough and tumble of a game at a hostile atmosphere. I'm going 5 1 defeat to set us up nicely for next week that has all the makings of a fuck fest.
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:24:46 »

Last week I counted about 4 or 5 occasions that any of our players broke beyond a jog into a sprint. Let's hope for an improvement today.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:54:22 »

Every defeat is another nail in the coffin of this awful experiment that is, playing the Swindon way.

Last season I would sit in the D R and laugh at the drivel that was served up.

Every one of you that pays good money to watch this shit for 90 minutes must be on a suckers list somewhere. 

However, the games against the two Brizzles and the piss stains are different. Local pride still counts for a lot and I will

be stripping wallpaper, listening to this latest car crash on the radio.

Williams tried to imitate his hero PDC with his wind up tactics and his team will take to the pitch imitating a football

team and lose 3 1.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:56:53 »

Leaving soon, Looking forward to this one.

We need a change in fortunes in these matches. Let's start today with a win. Going for 3-2 to the Town COYR
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:58:53 »

Every defeat is another nail in the coffin of this awful experiment that is, playing the Swindon way.

Last season I would sit in the D R and laugh at the drivel that was served up.

Every one of you that pays good money to watch this shit for 90 minutes must be on a suckers list somewhere. 

However, the games against the two Brizzles and the piss stains are different. Local pride still counts for a lot and I will

be stripping wallpaper, listening to this latest car crash on the radio.

Williams tried to imitate his hero PDC with his wind up tactics and his team will take to the pitch imitating a football

team and lose 3 1.

Well imitating PDC isn't exactly a sure-fire recipe for success in derbies, is it?

It's All Good..............
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:09:26 »

2 or more goal defeat. Can't see anything else, hope I'm wrong.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:22:35 »

Rovers come out all guns blazing and it'll be 2-0 by 12.40.
Game evens out and we pull one back by half-time.
Rovers come out all guns blazing and it'll be 3-1 by 1.40.
Game evens out and there are no more goals.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:30:06 »

The next 2 games represent games which are free shots, nobody in their right mind can see anything but a loss. We just don't have a side in any way able to compete.  The aim must be to avoid complete humiliation, keep the GD reasonable....no more than -2, and avoid injuries and suspensions.  The important games are coming up v our fellow relegation candidates and we need to be inte best shape possible, as these will determine the medium term future as to whether the club continues to be viable, at Div 3 level.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:52:39 »

Gash 1 Town 0 would be a decent result the way things stand at the moment.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 11:09:57 »

Well imitating PDC isn't exactly a sure-fire recipe for success in derbies, is it?

Proof that passion alone doesn't win these games.

A 10 match winning streak, against a team down to 10 men & PDC's team still couldn't win the derby.

As for today we need them to attack us, because if they sit back and play it tight at the back we have shown we can't break teams down. The problem is trying to stop them scoring, which needs a mix of good defending, poor finishing from them & a slice of luck or two. If that all happened we could win, however logic would suggest they will win some to nil
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 11:31:08 »

It's games like this that produce the shocks.

Town to Win

And I'll be on here later to remind you that I predicted it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: