Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185142 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 10:38:38 »

I've seen us under 28 different managers, counting Danny Williams' and Kingy's second spells as one. I've always tried to see the best in them until it becomes untenable.... so someone like McMahon, who is probably the most disliked we've ever had, wasn't all bad. I doubt if he'd been in charge this season we'd have gone down.

The likes of Hart, well he came into a shit position, couldn't turn it around as was soon gone, so I feel broadly neutral on him.

T*dd, soon realised it wasn't working out and fucked off, but he left us some poor players. I'd rather they go quickly though, when it clearly isn't working.

Malpas... had he signed Charlie Mulgrew, who knows.... but he did have some resources, inherited from Sturrock, so has to be in the top 3 hall of shame contenders.

I'm going for Luke as our worst ever boss...

The likes of Jimmy Quinn and Iffy, were in charge when the club was either in Admin or about to enter so no surprise their records suffer by comparison.

Oh and Les Allen in at 2, pop pickers

So worst ever Luke
2nd Les Allen
3rd Malpas
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:22:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:19:10 »

may well be, I didn't start going until near the end of secondary school (I'm 43)

I was nearly 5 and my dad took me to v Sheff Wed at Hillsborough in 1990. He says he took me to Macari matches before, but I can't really remember. Thinking about it that wasn't that long after the Hillsborough disaster (which consequently my uncle was at, on the opposite terrace fortunately but still very unfortunate to witness) basically a year on and my main memories was a police office lifting me over the turnstile and letting us in without officially being counted. While at the time that seemed fun, thinking back on it, that was either incredibly naive of the offficer to do so or plainly foolish in light of the pretty fresh events.

Sorry this is a Luke Williams thread. Not a historic Town thread. Interesting though (I'm 31)

Out of interest, maybe someone has brought it up before...would it be a good thing to have some kind of "Branch this thread" option? You know, so if absolute wasters like myself go off topic it can easily branch without admins having to move stuff all the time? Just a suggestion.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:37:07 »

....I'm going for Luke as our worst ever boss...

The likes of Jimmy Quinn and Iffy, were in charge when the club was either in Admin or about to enter so no surprise their records suffer by comparison.

Oh and Les Allen in at 2, pop pickers

So worst ever Luke
2nd Les Allen
3rd Malpas
You wouldn't include Ken Beamish in the top 3 then? He led us to our lowest ever league position.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11:45:31 »

Topics get derailed all the time, don't worry about it.

If it's too much one of the Prefects will sort it out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:04:51 »

You wouldn't include Ken Beamish in the top 3 then? He led us to our lowest ever league position.

No I wouldn't. I've done this before but although we ended up in a lowly position, there was no relegation and  never any danger of getting into the re-election slots.

We had an average side with some good individuals... KB signed in Dave Hockaday, who gave good service, Garry Nelson who was a very tidy player, re-signed Alan Mayes who scored 17 league goals. Jimmy Quinn was starting to come through.

We also did OK in derby games.... not winning v Reading and Shitty, but only losing at Ashton Gate.... if you can't win a derby at least don't lose Luke.

There was also a good Cup run... which was when the league results suffered a bit,  5 home defeats whilst not great, is nothing like the double digits we've endured this campaign.

We also trying to bring through some local talent, a move originated by John Trollope, but carried on by Beamish, so we regularly had 4 or 5 who'd come through the ranks in the side.

You could still recognise back then that decisions were made with the benefit of the club in mind, whereas now it isn't the case.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 12:39:55 »

Well said Reg Smeeton,common sense i like it.
 Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 17:58:46 »

Might see the return of statement Friday tomorrow...

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #862 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:12:10 »

Might see the return of statement Friday tomorrow...

Is that a guess or have you heard something?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:17:06 »

The adver said LP and LW were due to meet later this week, they obviously haven't met today, so..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:22:05 »

Pure guess.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:33:31 »

Williams is going nowhere - Embleton will take the fall and I'd expect his departure to be confirmed early next week if not before.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:43:33 »

Williams is going nowhere - Embleton will take the fall and I'd expect his departure to be confirmed early next week if not before.

So Williams is definitely off then.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 18:44:14 »

So Williams is definitely off then.

But Embers is staying  Sad
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 19:12:50 »

I'm intrigued. With a strike rate of about 0% correct are your posts just on the wind up or are you just full of shit? Genuine question!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 20:33:15 »

Pure guess.
“I think that after a season we have had, we would welcome big change,” said the Town coach, whose own future at the club has yet to be addressed, with a meeting expected with chairman Lee Power by the end of play tomorrow.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15262850._Chance_to_start_afresh_may_help_Town___says_Williams/

My guess is there'll be no statement of substance by 'end of play tomorrow.'
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: