Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185198 times)
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:00:15 »

My money has been robbed by them this season.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:21:45 »

Sue them under the trade descriptions act.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 15:37:39 »

Nope you willingly gave it to them. All of the concerns relating to Power and to a lesser extend Williams were around this time last year.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 18:00:12 »

Let's see.

My money is that he and Embleton will stay at the club with somebody else coming in ala Tisdale/Perryman and Trollope/Lawrence

It probably won't work.
Steve Perryman presented my player of the year trophy when he was President of my football club!
(fuckinell that was a long time ago)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 08:03:19 »

If he's not gone in the next 24hrs then he won't go full stop.
Was clearly stated in yesterday's paper  ' Swindon boss Luke Williams refuses to quit and claimed ' If everybody who made a mistake walked away,  there would be no one in any job'  (Mind you it was in the Sun, let's just hope they've got that one wrong - as normal).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 08:40:47 »

Power full of bullshit and demonstrably failing to do what is best for club to progress over last couple of seasons. Root and Branch Review can't have started yet otherwise Williams and Embleton should be first out the door having "been given the tools to do the job" and showed themselves utterly incapable of doing it. After all "the biggest appointment in the clubs history" even though apparently it wasn't actually a job for him couldn't possibly have provided inferior quality tools could he?

I can't believe there are any Swindon fans who would seriously relish Williams being our manager again next season. If as others have stated Power won't pay him off, then in all likelihood he  will be the first manager in history to take a club from a vague glimmer of a play off push for the Championship to Conference South and still be employed.
Mind you its not all bad news Feruz and Barry would probably look ok at that level.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 10:26:22 »

I'm clinging on to the hope that nothing as happened as yet due to yesterday being a Bank Holiday.

Even if the top to bottom review hasn't started/completed yet, it doesn't take a genius to see that the management team are completely incapable.  Anybody who manages a team that is relegated (with the exception of someone who is brought in as a replacement when the team is already in trouble) should be sacked, no questions asked. 

William's win ratio is 26.7%.  Abolutely pathetic and I don't imagine there are many worse records where the manager is still employed at said club.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 11:31:29 »

I'm going to get in here before Flashheart and say.....

Is he still fucking here???

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:23:05 »

Lets start by saying i believe Luke Williams will be sacked.

However regardless of lessons Power may learn from this season i can't believe he will completely abandon the model. He may learn lessons about the quality of loan players, the need to get business done early and gel a team, the importance of a spine of experience to the team, the need for fighters as well as footballers. He will not though change from a policy where the club must be self sufficient, where we develop players to sell and fund the club and where he has a major say in who comes through the door and who doesn't.

The leader of our team next season will still be a Head Coach and not a Manager. Those of you hoping for an old school appointment after Williams removal need to have your heads examined.

Now given Williams pedigree as a coach (too many players and people in the game have praised the guy), i wonder what our chances are at getting a better coach? I remember that most of the credit for our couple of successful seasons went to this man, and probably rightly so. All that has changed is the quality of the players and recruitment, something for which Cooper paid for first and i think it inevitable Williams will pay for soon.

I'm not optimistic about a potential replacement for him and honestly would not have a problem if he was still in charge next season. There are far bigger problems to be solved over this summer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:30:14 »

Lets start by saying i believe Luke Williams will be sacked.

However regardless of lessons Power may learn from this season i can't believe he will completely abandon the model. He may learn lessons about the quality of loan players, the need to get business done early and gel a team, the importance of a spine of experience to the team, the need for fighters as well as footballers. He will not though change from a policy where the club must be self sufficient, where we develop players to sell and fund the club and where he has a major say in who comes through the door and who doesn't.

The leader of our team next season will still be a Head Coach and not a Manager. Those of you hoping for an old school appointment after Williams removal need to have your heads examined.

Now given Williams pedigree as a coach (too many players and people in the game have praised the guy), i wonder what our chances are at getting a better coach? I remember that most of the credit for our couple of successful seasons went to this man, and probably rightly so. All that has changed is the quality of the players and recruitment, something for which Cooper paid for first and i think it inevitable Williams will pay for soon.

I'm not optimistic about a potential replacement for him and honestly would not have a problem if he was still in charge next season. There are far bigger problems to be solved over this summer.

The evidence of our own eyes tells us that Luke is very limited as a coach...despite what Power and a few of the players say.

OK, he's young , in coaching terms and so has the possiblity to learn, but atm he's way out of his depth.  You're right we won't get anything sexy as a replacement, and the model will stay in place.

But even someone like Dave Hockaday, who's some experience of Conference football and academy coaching added to his decent playing career at STFC would be an upgrade.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:57:17 »

The evidence of our own eyes tells us that Luke is very limited as a coach...despite what Power and a few of the players say.

OK, he's young , in coaching terms and so has the possiblity to learn, but atm he's way out of his depth.  You're right we won't get anything sexy as a replacement, and the model will stay in place.

But even someone like Dave Hockaday, who's some experience of Conference football and academy coaching added to his decent playing career at STFC would be an upgrade.

My own eyes tell me the players were not good enough, not that Luke is limited as a Coach. Would some one else have done better with what we had this season? I'm not sure but i lean towards probably not.

Why is Dave Hockaday better than Williams? He left FGR by mutual consent (read sacked after 7 losses in eight) and was relegated (though got lucky with Salisburys financial problems), was sacked at Leeds (though who hasn't been) and was then sacked from Kidderminster last year. He has had a stab with a well funded non league club, a big but poorly run championship club and a run of the mill non league club and has been lets face it, pretty shit. What we he do at a poorly run, run of the mill, lower league club like ours?

I think its slightly laughable that anybody would consider that a better option than Williams.

It could happen as given his record he would more likely be willing to bend to Power's will in order to get a league job again. I just don't think that it's a good option or even a better option than what we have.

The name suggested here before and someone i think likely is Chris Ramsey. He's in the circle of trust with Power/Sherwood. He has been a coach and helped develop the young spurs players. He has the lower league playing experience and is an ex Swindon player who to some extent knows what it takes to get out of this division. He had a dodgy spell at QPR, but so have a lot of people and that was his first job.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:59:11 by Riddick » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:57:29 »

I don't think Power has to abandon the youth model. We need to sell players to survive. He has to moderate it down, to get a better blend with older heads. I don't believe this can't be done to breakeven. Walsall largely managed it without running a kindergarten. Its playing with fire to continue.

Williams, well we may get another yes man academy coach. At this stage I'd take that over nothing at all. Just out of hope it would be less crap and that they could at least get the talented toddlers fit, organised and motivated. I don't see what there is to lose.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 13:58:55 »

My own eyes tell me the players were not good enough, not that Luke is limited as a Coach. Would some one else have done better with what we had this season? I'm not sure but i lean towards probably not.

You think not, I think yes. That's that done and saved us from circular argument Smiley
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 14:01:37 »

You think not, I think yes. That's that done and saved us from circular argument Smiley

Well said. I suspect most will agree with you.

Our greater problem this season was scoring as opposed to defending. Sure our defense could have been better but Rovers in 10th conceded more goals than we did. The problem was only three teams scored less (two of them were relegated as well). Its easy to blame as you put it fitness, organisation and motivation and i agree that it was short of what was required, with some players (Kasim etc) more at fault than others. In truth though a little more quality in forward areas and we would have stayed up. I blame Power for believing in Obika and buying Norris/Delf more so for these problems. And Holloway, the prick, for recalling Doughty and barely playing him in the second half of the season!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 14:10:30 by Riddick » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 14:08:17 »

Well said. I suspect most will agree with you.

We've just been relegated under Williams. I suspect you are right Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: