Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185112 times)
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 19:26:46 »

blimey, I was joking but that's good to know...I won't be..

Excuse me .. you've actually bought a season ticket?!  Why?  Huh?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 19:30:22 »

I think (whispers) Batch might be a Swindon fan..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 19:47:07 »

I think (whispers) Batch might be a Swindon fan..
shhh, I told you not to tell anyone.
--+++
I'm not a fan of Swindon at the moment. I still retain a small sense of optimism next year will be different. Plus  I take the kids.

not sure I'll survive past another year of academy football under Williams though. might be time to pick and choose.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 22:47:46 »

I don't think anyone enjoys being a fan at the moment, but I'm not sure you stop being a fan entirely because of that. It's been done to death but we all have our reasons for going back. Enjoy the away days, kids like it, hope, sheer masochism, a combination of the above most likely. 

To be honest I don't know which one apply to me (apart from it definitely not being the kids bit.) I still don't regret renewing my ST though.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 00:42:16 »

You forgot quite a big one: habit.

And once you break that habit, you don't tend to attend as regularly as you perhaps used to. I think there's quite a few on this forum who fall into that category.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 07:23:32 »

You forgot quite a big one: habit.

And once you break that habit, you don't tend to attend as regularly as you perhaps used to. I think there's quite a few on this forum who fall into that category.

I agree. X3 ST until end of play-off season v PNE. I went once last season, didn't miss it. I've been three times this season and my family twice. I saw the writing on the wall v Coventry where we should have been buried after the first 25 mins. Still unless we do really well next season I can't see us going at all sadly. After 40 years I've seen enough of division four thanks. It's not a never again scenario but we now have other commitments on the weekend to consider.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 07:45:31 »

It's not rocket science, is it? When we're winning and doing well, attendances are good. When we're losing and doing shit, attendances fall. People will find all manner of reasons not to go, but it's usually down to what happens on the pitch. Obviously there's other factors; starting families, moving away, change of job which includes weekend working, etc, but the biggest factor is results. The amount of people now declaring they won't be back until Power leaves is a case in point. If we were winning I wonder how many of them would be taking that stance? Not many I'd guess..

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 08:41:05 »

It's not rocket science, is it? When we're winning and doing well, attendances are good. When we're losing and doing shit, attendances fall. People will find all manner of reasons not to go, but it's usually down to what happens on the pitch. Obviously there's other factors; starting families, moving away, change of job which includes weekend working, etc, but the biggest factor is results. The amount of people now declaring they won't be back until Power leaves is a case in point. If we were winning I wonder how many of them would be taking that stance? Not many I'd guess..

Testify!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 09:16:24 »

We were garbage under Hart,got relegated and had a clear out. New manager,winning games in division 4 and crowds averaging around 8,400. I know a lot depends on choice of manager and decent player recruitment but with a good start to the new season, gates will improve. On the other hand, Williams in charge,some Chelsea youths playing development style footie and the demise will continue. I think Powers got more sense than that though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #789 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 09:19:14 »

I think Powers got more sense than that though
He's had over 2 seasons to have more sense and hasn't so far. I have fuck all faith in changes being made and have resigned myself to more of the same. Hope I'm wrong but I think Williams will be here and the same recrutiing model will be there.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10:28:56 »

Ive renewed, for my sins, but have to agree with Chalkies Shorts
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10:49:38 »

When Rikki & Mcmoan told fans that questioned them that they were no longer welcome at the CG I stopped going. I missed the entire season were we got promoted back into the Championship.

I didn't start going again until the scouse twat was sacked.

I worry that Power has had the same alienating effect on many of our fans. Some of them may come back if we start winning, but some will not.

FWIW I've renewed our ST's for next season, largely because it's one of the links we still have to home
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 15:56:58 »

He's had over 2 seasons to have more sense and hasn't so far. I have fuck all faith in changes being made and have resigned myself to more of the same. Hope I'm wrong but I think Williams will be here and the same recrutiing model will be there.
Genuine question CS, what was your view of the Ling appointment?

It gives me a measure of hope that he could sack and replace Williams with another more mainstream/experienced manager.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #793 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 16:09:59 »

Genuine question CS, what was your view of the Ling appointment?

It gives me a measure of hope that he could sack and replace Williams with another more mainstream/experienced manager.
I thought he had employed somebody who was absolutely desperate to be in a job and would be eternally grateful to Power - and cheap. The fact he had a link to Town would play well. He did alright but his medical issues resurfaced, unfortunately. Apparently, Lee Power paid his contract, which was decent.
The bloody complication with a new manager is fucking Sherwood. What is the structure? I think you'll only get someone who is absolutely desperate. I can't see an experienced manager joining. I'd love to see Keith Hill here but why the fuck would he?
I want to be wrong but just can't see it.
If I was Power, I'd tell Tim to fuck off (although he only did 4 weeks unpaid work), bring in an experienced manager, give them a budget and let them manage and put my feet up in Switzerland.
I could see Chris Ramsey rocking up or another of Sherwood / Power cronies.
I'd just like to see a bit of independence from Power from someone who has options and not desperate.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 16:19:30 »

I'd just like to see a bit of independence from Power from someone who has options and not desperate.

We need a proper manager, who understands lower league football. The backdrop to next season, is already can we arrest the slide and stay in the Football League?

York City today have shown what can happen when you get on a slide....Football League to Conference North in 2 seasons.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: