Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185097 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 12:30:25 »

I'm, not sure I'd like to see us take a risk with an untried, but equally some managers go and become No 2's and learn the trade get experience before becoming managers in their own right so I'm sure there are a few out there waiting for the opportunity.

I don't want Williams anywhere near this club next season, we need a clean sweep not a constant reminder, if he's that good a coach then he wont have a problem getting another coaching role.

bilko

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 12:37:49 »

Power needs to make a decent appointment as Manager as he we did Di Canio a big name and we had bigger crowds then than this season so if Power gets it wrong again hes a total tosser.

Steve Cotterril for me even though I don't like him but he wouldn't work under Power plus hes at Birmingham with Harry
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 12:46:17 »

Just putting it out there, not a chance he would come.

Ian Woan, assistant at Burnley.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:37:46 »

Also Exeters board still hate Swindon for the handing of the Troy AH transfer and have not fogotten that...even if it was a few owners ago.

Remind me, what did the old regime do that was unforgivable? Was it akin to the Hylton transfer (that worked out).

I remember it went to a tribunal but that's about it.
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:41:11 »

Steve Cotterill. Feisty. No nonsense. Would build up a team with some aggression and drive.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 19:34:20 »

Steve Cotterill. Feisty. No nonsense. Would build up a team with some aggression and drive.

I'd put my money on Cotterill managing Birmingham in L1 next season. Perhaps the Championship.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:07:41 »

Don't want Cotterill anywhere near this club. I don't really rate him as a manager to be honest and he comes across as such a prick.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:26:42 »

Don't want Cotterill anywhere near this club. I don't really rate him as a manager to be honest and he comes across as such a prick.

I imagine there's a reason a man who orchestrated a lower league double-winning season and didn't walk in to another job...

He doesn't have the greatest reputation within the game.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:43:00 »

Orchestrated with a huge budget might I add
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:59:14 »

Orchestrated with a huge budget might I add

They've had plenty of managers with big budgets and have failed wonderfully.

They had a nasty streak under him, it worked.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:22:57 »

As much as I don't like cotterill he would get us promoted which is all I care about but apparently he's not well liked within the game I understand but who cares about that we need to get back up straight away to L1.
If Power makes the wrong decision as he has done for the last two seasons  it will cost us big time as a. Lunge has to get it right without a doubt.
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 18:34:15 »

I threw Cotterill's name into the mix because we need someone with drive and determination after Luke Williams. Williams comes across as a frightened 18 year old. Yes Cotterill is obnoxious, but many successful managers have a ruthless nasty edge. Alex Ferguson wasn't exactly warm and friendly. Neither Morinho, or at our level, Steve Evans. And of course Paolo had that ruthlessness. I don't want to like a manager, but to have respect for his management skills.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 19:10:00 »

Respect Cotteril? No chance. A cunt with an overrated opinion of his own ability.

Career managerial win percentage of 41% is identical to Mark Cooper's.  Dennis Wise's is 45%. PDC's is 53%.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 19:16:49 »

I threw Cotterill's name into the mix because we need someone with drive and determination after Luke Williams. Williams comes across as a frightened 18 year old. Yes Cotterill is obnoxious, but many successful managers have a ruthless nasty edge. Alex Ferguson wasn't exactly warm and friendly. Neither Morinho, or at our level, Steve Evans. And of course Paolo had that ruthlessness. I don't want to like a manager, but to have respect for his management skills.

Didn't Di Canio once say something like '...you don't have to love me, you just have to follow me and together we will win...'

It's pretty darn accurate and he certainly applied that at STFC. Any manager that comes in with even half of that attitude will do well with the players he/she has.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11:15:23 »

I lasted not posting for three days.

Can't believe anyone wants him to stay after relegation. I do take the point that Power may appoint the tea lady as a replacement but at this stage I'm willing to give tem a go.

I see Power is thus far doing his normal MO of saying fuck all. Lets get the pointlessness of Charlton out the way and see if this continues.

At least the Adver and other media outlets are asking the right questions publically.

Sherwood, what a Teflon coated twat.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: