Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185094 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:10:12 »

We have a proud history of giving untried managers who have had decent playing careers.

Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, McMahon, Di Canio.

Perhaps John Terry fancies a shot of management?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #721 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:11:08 »

If its anyone I feel it will be Chris Ramsey who is currently still employed with QPR as head of the academy there.

Knows Power and Sherwood, has worked at QPR and Spurs at academy, youth and U23 level, ex England U20 coach, would be relatively cheap and knows Swindon football club well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:15:44 »

We have a proud history of giving untried managers who have had decent playing careers.

Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, McMahon, Di Canio.

Perhaps John Terry fancies a shot of management?

5/10 years ago I would have agreed (Poyet, Wise etc) but not now as Terry will be offered huge amounts of money to keep playing in the US, middle east or China. Will keep playing for a season or two imho.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:17:54 »

5/10 years ago I would have agreed (Poyet, Wise etc) but not now as Terry will be offered huge amounts of money to keep playing in the US, middle east or China. Will keep playing for a season or two imho.

It was clearly a tongue in cheek suggestion. More likely to be Paul Terry!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Flashheart

« Reply #724 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:19:15 »

When does Gareth Barry's contract with Everton end? Isn't he mates with Power?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:19:32 »

Alan McCormack has his badges. Let us honour that offer the previous regime gave him of future employment as a coach.....
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:22:56 »

It was clearly a tongue in cheek suggestion. More likely to be Paul Terry!

His name keeps coming up on the FB group and they are serious  Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:30:42 »

His name keeps coming up on the FB group and they are serious  Roll Eyes

That's because most of the people there share the same brain cell!

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 15:49:51 »

That's because most of the people there share the same brain cell!

Terry isn't a bad shout to be fair (ex-player) but too well known, need to think lower profile such as Paul Scholes who isn't playing anymore.

My shouts are Jimmy Floyd H and Shaun Derry, maybe Hockaday. Hockaday knows the club (like Ling), would be cheap and works a lot with "kids" through his football school and his role as head of football at a local college.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 21:07:35 »

Terry isn't a bad shout to be fair (ex-player) but too well known, need to think lower profile such as Paul Scholes who isn't playing anymore.
That obscure ex-player Paul Scholes? The one who won everything at club level and drove one of the most famous English teams in decades? That unknown we could pluck from obscurity to make a name for himself at Swindon?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 23:25:15 »

Scott Parker as player manager.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:19:11 »

If its anyone I feel it will be Chris Ramsey who is currently still employed with QPR as head of the academy there.

Knows Power and Sherwood, has worked at QPR and Spurs at academy, youth and U23 level, ex England U20 coach, would be relatively cheap and knows Swindon football club well.

Ramsey is the name in my head as well for who will replace Williams. Ex player, has all the links with Power/Sherwood, had a dodgy spell at QPR so will have to drop down divisions to get a job again.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:30:13 »

Definitely wouldn't want Chris Ramsey. He was manager of QPR for a short period for getting sacked. QPR fans thoughts generally: good coach, bad manager rather like our current incumbent. I like the idea of giving the job to a managerial newcomer. I thought Sam Ricketts seemed management material when he was here.
Panda Paws

« Reply #733 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:34:44 »

Definitely wouldn't want Chris Ramsey. He was manager of QPR for a short period for getting sacked. QPR fans thoughts generally: good coach, bad manager rather like our current incumbent. I like the idea of giving the job to a managerial newcomer. I thought Sam Ricketts seemed management material when he was here.

You'd rather Sam Ricketts, a guy we had on loan for 4 months as we threw away our best chance of promotion in 15 years, than Chris Ramsey, a highly qualified and experienced coach/assistant manager at the level or two above ours?

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 08:45:49 »

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: