Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185167 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 18:36:56 »

re Sherwood/power blocking signings - you are right, it's just something that was put to me when discussing the point on Twitter earlier.

there is no evidence at all, purely speculative.

i came to the conclusion Sherwood is at best pointless, at worse hopeless
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 18:55:09 »

This may sound utterly ridiculous but I think the players we brought in January on paper are good, for a team towards the top of the table playing with freedom and confidence. Ajose and Ince are class signings but Colkett and Gladwin are utterly pointless in our side. Dabo I suppose I'll give the benefit of the doubt and the signing may have worked under someone who has a clue what they are doing but it's evident that we as a football club are an utter Titus Brambles currently.

Let's hope MANY lessons have been learnt this season, player recruitment, style of play etc in the bottom league will need to be MUCH better.

Nope, not ridiculous at all. In a year or two colkett in a good team may be a real assert.

I've lost all patience with Gladwin. Overplays with the ball, just ambles through games.

Ince and ajose, you've covered.

But the stupid madness of feruz. And the 'for the future'/risk  signings of Starkey,  Conroy and looking at that Chelsea kid we can't sign yet.

What the fuck were they thinking. The one and only aim jan->may should be to avoid relagation, and fuck everything else. We needed older heads and a few run through brick walls types. It's so fucking obvious my 8 year old can see it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 10:55:35 »

He's still here then? I was clinging to the hope we might have a Monday statement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 11:52:04 »

He's still here then? I was clinging to the hope we might have a Monday statement.

I'm now convinced Luke and Embers will be here for next season.

Had Power wanted to change the model, then he could have easily and appointed someone like a Sheridan at Oldham or a Clark at Bury.... but what would be the point from his perspective?  They would just play Div 3 relegation grind football, and insist on getting in some experience to make it happen.

Power showed in the window with the likes of Conroy, Feruz, Colkett, Dabo and Starkey that it will be more of the same next season. The budget will no doubt be reduced to take into account lost revenues from going down, so we'll be looking at the large pool of unattached player in July.... no doubt more like the lad who was signed to play in the Boycott Trophy, who's name escapes me.

All we can hope is that miraculously Luke may have learned something from this car crash of a season, that can keep us in Div 4 at least.
kaufman

« Reply #649 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:15:05 »

Don't expect Dabo back here. Heard from someone at the club he's on 19K a week at Chelsea
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:22:33 »

I think There's a relegation clause in Williams contract. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Power hasn't binned him.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:24:13 »

Don't expect Dabo back here. Heard from someone at the club he's on 19K a week at Chelsea
If true this shd be in the "What's Wrong with Football" section - that's the thick end of £1m a year. For what?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:29:52 »

I think thats Feruz who is on that much
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:41:29 »

If true this shd be in the "What's Wrong with Football" section - that's the thick end of £1m a year. For what?

It's the going rate for a promising kid at a top end Prem club.  Remember when we had Frank Nouble.... few years ago now he was on 16K a week at WHU. I believe Dabo is well thought of insofar as he's athletic....which is the main criteria in English football these days, but doesn't seem to have much idea of how the game is played. This is a common problem with these kids and their clubs hope they may learn something during their loans. Frank apparently still only 25 at Sarfend.

Delf this season was a classic example...more or less completely clueless.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #654 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:43:04 »

Power aint going to get rid of Williams this side of Saturday as he will want his bleloved Millwall to win.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:43:56 »

It's the going rate for a promising kid at a top end Prem club.
Oh, I know. That's why it should be in "What's wrong with football", because it's systemic rather than an aberration
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 12:44:02 »

I think thats Feruz who is on that much

I'd imagine if Feruz is out of contract Power will sign him....as it's fairly certain no-one else will.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:02:37 »

re Sherwood/power blocking signings - you are right, it's just something that was put to me when discussing the point on Twitter earlier.

there is no evidence at all, purely speculative.

i came to the conclusion Sherwood is at best pointless, at worse hopeless

Didn't Power state in an interview somewhere that Sherwood signed all these players in Jan, wasn't it the same statement where he said that the players they bought previous were not up to it but they have now given Williams the right tools for the job.

Do we need to excerpt more pressure Sat as I'm sure Power will be there to watch his beloved Millwall, so we can leave Power with the opinion of what fans think he should be doing
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:17:50 »

Didn't Power state in an interview somewhere that Sherwood signed all these players in Jan, wasn't it the same statement where he said that the players they bought previous were not up to it but they have now given Williams the right tools for the job.

Do we need to excerpt more pressure Sat as I'm sure Power will be there to watch his beloved Millwall, so we can leave Power with the opinion of what fans think he should be doing

I'd imagine many will be finding something better to do on Saturday. I'm not sure we've ever lost more than 9 home games in a season in Div 3, but not really the sort of history most punters want to witness.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:18:05 »

That group of lads in the TE tried to exert some pressure - only caused the stewards to rush in and quell the uprising by taking their banner!!!  pmsl
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: